Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding ASNSM Biology now to BSBA GM Plan possible with more ACE credits before March?
Is Straighterline Pharmacology still applicable to TESU as a Biology Elective?

Aiming for TESU BSBA-GM, ASNSM in Biology, ASNSM in Computer Science
(12-26-2020, 10:40 AM)elenlushk Wrote: Is Straighterline Pharmacology still applicable to TESU as a Biology Elective?
On their website, it comes in as BIO-203.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Assuming I could add the ASNSM to my current BSBA plan, do I just submit transfer credits like I normally would, or would I have to specify to which transfer credits apply to what degree prior to sending it to them?

You just send in credits like normal. They'll figure out what goes where and apply them accordingly.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Under my BSBA, I took Sophia's College Algebra and CSM Learn to satisfy the math and statistics requirement, do either of them fit into the ASNSM? Because I tried the 'what if?' academic evaluation under the TESU OSS and neither of them went under the math requirement in the ASNSM. Is this something they can adjust, or do I need to take precalculus for this?

(12-27-2020, 01:49 PM)elenlushk Wrote: Under my BSBA, I took Sophia's College Algebra and CSM Learn to satisfy the math and statistics requirement, do either of them fit into the ASNSM? Because I tried the 'what if?' academic evaluation under the TESU OSS and neither of them went under the math requirement in the ASNSM. Is this something they can adjust, or do I need to take precalculus for this?

As recently discussed, the 'what-if?' tool in OSS isn't that great. It uses a relatively simple matching algorithm that doesn't do a stellar job. A real evaluation by a human will likely be more favorable.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
(12-27-2020, 01:49 PM)elenlushk Wrote: Under my BSBA, I took Sophia's College Algebra and CSM Learn to satisfy the math and statistics requirement, do either of them fit into the ASNSM? Because I tried the 'what if?' academic evaluation under the TESU OSS and neither of them went under the math requirement in the ASNSM. Is this something they can adjust, or do I need to take precalculus for this?

IIRC, it tries to fill AOS first and then other things afterward. My ASNSM Math eval (not a what-if) currently has both Stats and Algebra under "Math Electives" instead of E. Mathematics or Quantitative Literacy. As I take more classes, I know that these math requirements will be met. For now, though, it does look a bit strange! 

In contrast, my ASNSM CS evaluation already has these slots filled with algebra & stats, as they should be. 

Your evaluation (whether a what-if or otherwise) is heavily dependent on what you've already transferred to TESU.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 11 571 2 hours ago
Last Post: jch
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 223 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 382 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 438 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 343 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Adding on associates? optimisticCoder3 6 436 02-23-2024, 09:58 PM
  Organizational Leadership Cert SDC transfer credits Kones 5 511 02-10-2024, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 5,024 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  BACS Plan Verification mrobel 4 405 01-18-2024, 12:49 PM
Last Post: davewill
  What constitutes "new" credits for 2nd degree? homeschoolmom1 8 530 01-15-2024, 10:50 PM