Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Additional BACS/BSBA CIS combined plan
If I had to start over 100% from scratch, this is probably the plan that I would follow. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...z_version)

There are slightly more classes than LevelUP's version. I believe that this is both more intuitive to follow and potentially looks better on a transcript.  (Getting 2 degrees with only 132 credits in total might look a bit sus.) I realize that this is a matter of opinion. Feel free to use either or to combine them to make your own version.

There is a slight element of uncertainty because most of the Metropolia classes could come in as anywhere between 1.5 and 9 US-equivalent credits each. If you decide to follow this plan, I recommend completing Metropolia first, so you know where everything goes and how many RA-equivalent credits you have, then filling in the rest. If you somehow wind up with fewer than 15 RA-equivalent credits, please report back so that the plan can be tweaked. 

6 science credits from ASU and/or TEL Learning are suggested. If you wind up with more than 15 RA-equivalent credits per degree from Metropolia, skip ASU/TEL and take your required science classes from Sophia.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 5 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • AnandB, FastTrackDegree, lucillegyl, origamishuttle, Personherebb9
Checked Metropolia -
Degree Programme of Information Technology, online studies 180 ECTS (price 579 euros). It mentioned-
"After completing this path, user is able to apply through Open Path into Information Technology Program."
It is not clear to me is Information Technology Program also fully online? Does it mean the person will be expected to finish only 40 ECTS to meet 220 ECTS requirement to obtain IT degree?
(10-28-2022, 09:57 AM)Cofffeee Wrote: Checked Metropolia -
Degree Programme of Information Technology, online studies 180 ECTS (price 579 euros). It mentioned-
"After completing this path, user is able to apply through Open Path into Information Technology Program."
It is not clear to me is Information Technology Program also fully online? Does it mean the person will be expected to finish only 40 ECTS to meet 220 ECTS  requirement to obtain IT degree?

I believe that the remainder of the degree requires 1 year in Finland. I do not think that it is fully online, though I could be incorrect about that. If it can be done fully online, it'd be a full BSIT degree for just under 11000€  for Americans (579€ total for EU students). 

You can see the part-time degree page here: https://www.metropolia.fi/en/academics/b...me-studies It mentions that there "could be" contact studies on-campus. The full-time degree page is here: https://www.metropolia.fi/en/academics/b...technology The part-time one seems to be the one actually aimed at students who have taken the 180 ECTS, though both pages mention acceptance of "prior learning" ECTS credits.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
I see thank you for response. I will email them to clarify this question. Its great find if you need cheap credits , especially there are a lot of them and variety
Great, let us know what you find out. If it's fully online, that'd be awesome!
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
I believe some IT courses could go towards TESU IT degree. Maybe it will be possible to trasnfer them and make TESU IT degree doable through Metropolia -
Degree Programme of Information Technology, online studies 180 ECTS (price 579 euros)?
(10-28-2022, 11:32 AM)Cofffeee Wrote: I believe some IT courses could go towards TESU IT degree. Maybe it will be possible to trasnfer them and make TESU IT degree doable through Metropolia -
Degree Programme of Information Technology, online studies 180 ECTS (price 579 euros)?

Hmm... quick comparison of Metropolia and TESU's BSIT. TESU requires:
  • CMP-202 Foundations of Information Technology - I don't think this is offered by Metropolia, but SDC has it.
  • CYB-120 Introduction to Cybersecurity - Not available at SDC. Metropolia has CyberDefense Professional for an additional 96€, but I suspect that one wouldn't work. If not, must be taken at TESU.
  • ITS-130 Database Fundamentals - Metropolia has SQL & Databases; I don't know if it comes in as ITS-130 or something more like CIS-311. Must be ITS-130 to be relevant.
  • ITS-150 Computer Programming I - Can also be Python; covered by Metropolia's Python Programming.
  • ITS-160 Fundamentals of Modern Operating Systems - Not available in the "degree program", but Metropolia does have an Operating Systems course for an extra 15€. If that comes in as COS-240, instead of ITS-160, it will not work.
  • ITS-261 Linux - Metropolia has unix/linux, should work.
  • CIS-301 Management Information Systems - Available from SDC & Davar
  • ITS-340 Wireless and Mobile Networking - I don't think this is available at all outside of TESU.
  • CMP-354 Network Technology - TECEP
  • ITS-363 Windows Server Configuration - Windows Powershell, maybe? Metropolia also has 2 "Server: 2016" courses; I haven't checked the syllabus to see if they might work. Otherwise, not available.
  • MAN-435 Project Management - Covered by Metropolia, Sophia, or Coursera (possibly just Coursera, if UL credits are necessary)
  • CYB-450 Cloud Computing - Another one that is TESU-only, as far as I can tell. 
Conclusion: it might make the BSIT degree at TESU marginally cheaper, but I don't think that Metropolia makes it fully available via transfer credit.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sorry to ask an unrelated question but how are the Metropolia courses compared to something like ASU ULC? I don't really need any more undergrad credits but some of those courses do look interesting, cheap, and useful.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(10-28-2022, 07:34 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Sorry to ask an unrelated question but how are the Metropolia courses compared to something like ASU ULC? I don't really need any more undergrad credits but some of those courses do look interesting, cheap, and useful.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you yet. The Suomi.fi service refused to work for me (maybe I just picked a bad time?), logging in with the HAKA credential from XAMK didn't work, and I was too dumb to sign up earlier in the day on Friday. So, now I'm waiting to hear back from them on Monday. 

Depending on what the 0€ courses look like, I might add a few paid ones. I also don't NEED the extra undergrad credits, but there are things that look good/interesting.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(10-28-2022, 10:34 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(10-28-2022, 09:57 AM)Cofffeee Wrote: Checked Metropolia -
It is not clear to me is Information Technology Program also fully online? Does it mean the person will be expected to finish only 40 ECTS to meet 220 ECTS  requirement to obtain IT degree?

I believe that the remainder of the degree requires 1 year in Finland. I do not think that it is fully online, though I could be incorrect about that. If it can be done fully online, it'd be a full BSIT degree for just under 11000€  for Americans (579€ total for EU students). 

You can see the part-time degree page here: https://www.metropolia.fi/en/academics/b...me-studies It mentions that there "could be" contact studies on-campus. The full-time degree page is here: https://www.metropolia.fi/en/academics/b...technology The part-time one seems to be the one actually aimed at students who have taken the 180 ECTS, though both pages mention acceptance of "prior learning" ECTS credits.

Rachel you mean you can have a degree for 579 euro waw, if I was aware of that I were able save a lot of money, how much cost a master degree there??

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 363 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 5,005 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
Smile BACS: COS-2050 Python Programming VS COS-4510 AI,which course is easier? Felisa 5 461 01-21-2024, 01:59 PM
  BACS Plan Verification mrobel 4 400 01-18-2024, 12:49 PM
Information Advice on BS CIS Degree plan SaberTronnN 17 1,326 01-12-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU BSBA - General Management Cire 5 871 12-01-2023, 01:16 PM
Last Post: etirflita
  French international student questions about TESU BACS azuki 19 1,877 11-03-2023, 10:25 AM
  BA Religion plan now on wiki rachel83az 6 557 10-26-2023, 11:12 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  BSBA/BS-CIS? Jwheels27 14 1,353 10-23-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Is CIS still a BSBA or it´s now a different degree? MrPanda 28 2,425 10-21-2023, 03:48 PM