Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice for a liberal studies-psychology student
Hello,

I just applied to TESU for BALS with a psychology emphasis. (yes, i know my username says accounting student. Please ignore that.) I don't have any credits to transfer and I am wanting to get this degree as quickly and as cheaply as possible. Could y'all please tell me the best courses/ tests to take. Thank y'all!
[-] The following 1 user Likes futureaccountingstudent's post:
  • Vle045
You're going to need at least 24 RA credits, plus the capstone/cornerstone. Are you planning to pay the residency waiver or would you want to do a 16-credit-term and save money?

Check out https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap for course suggestions. You're going to want to take as much as possible from Sophia because they are the cheapest and the fastest. Do NOT use them for English Comp, though. Olivet Nazarene University would be a better choice there (and for most of your other RA credit) because the courses are self-paced and only $50/credit after completion.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-14-2022, 07:18 PM)rachel83az Wrote: You're going to need at least 24 RA credits, plus the capstone/cornerstone. Are you planning to pay the residency waiver or would you want to do a 16-credit-term and save money?

Check out https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap for course suggestions. You're going to want to take as much as possible from Sophia because they are the cheapest and the fastest. Do NOT use them for English Comp, though. Olivet Nazarene University would be a better choice there (and for most of your other RA credit) because the courses are self-paced and only $50/credit after completion.

Thank you! I plan on doing a 16 credit term
I suggest making a spreadsheet of your degree plan.

Then you can post it on the forum if you want us to review it.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • futureaccountingstudent
You need to take the bulk of your credits from Sophia.org for lower level, Study.com for upper level, and TECEPS for RA credits. If you want to save cashflow, you can take a few NCCRS credits too, but Sophia.org would be the cheapest, easiest, fastest for lower level. For upper level, decide what courses you need, you can find some with Coopersmith, Davar, Study.com, etc... Just make sure you have 30 RA credits total, so that can be 15 credits from 5 TECEPS, and the 16 credit residency credits, total 31 RA, the rest can be ACE/NCCRS combo!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Unless you really love tests (and some people do), I wouldn't recommend using TECEPs for your RA credit. ProctorU is just a hassle to deal with.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
If you are considering going beyond a bachelor's degree, one 'cheat' I've found that I recommend: When you sign up for Study.com, take their "ECE Research Methods Prep" course. It will prepare you well for the ECE research methods exam. You will find that SDC also offers its own Research Methods class, and after completing the ECE research methods prep, you'll find that you have completed about 95% of SDC's Research Methods classs. Take that exam as well. You'll end up with 3 credits of UL from the ECE and 3 credits of LL from the SDC. They come in as different courses, and you'll need reseearch methods if you are going beyond the bachelor's.

I also (somewhat) recommend Coopersmith for some of your other UL psychology. They have a number of classes that are both UL and psych.

One other thought: If you are planning to go beyond the bachelors, to a masters in psychology or counseling, I recommend taking a serious look at the MSW instead of either of the psych degrees. The MSW will also prepare you to be a mental health therapist, and social workers have a wider scope of practice than masters-level therapists do in just about every state. They can also bill Medicare, which MFT/LPC cannot. I can suggest some reasonably priced online MSW programs to look at if you decide that's of interest.
[-] The following 1 user Likes studyingfortests's post:
  •

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need some advice tpell1219 14 496 03-27-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: RJ77
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 286 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
Information Advice on BS CIS Degree plan SaberTronnN 17 1,264 01-12-2024, 11:12 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,326 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
  TESU BS Technical Studies Engineering AOS Bryant.tj 7 528 12-12-2023, 06:50 PM
Last Post: davewill
  French international student questions about TESU BACS azuki 19 1,783 11-03-2023, 10:25 AM
  Good study advice for my TECEPS? kowenboy 3 371 09-01-2023, 11:53 PM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  TESU Student Support Center bjcheung77 3 425 08-07-2023, 03:31 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Technical Studies topdog98 11 818 07-22-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: topdog98