Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After applying how long do I have to get credits?
Hello, as the title would suggest I was wondering how long TESU (or another school) gives you to bank credits?

My understanding is to get advising after the application but no mention of the duration or limit on time.

Thank you!
Iamtehking Wrote:Hello, as the title would suggest I was wondering how long TESU (or another school) gives you to bank credits?

My understanding is to get advising after the application but no mention of the duration or limit on time.

Thank you!

You have one year after application to "enroll" before your app expires. In general it doesn't seem that many people worry about that since they've either 1) taken a TECEP which restarts the clock or 2) completed a degree plan from courses taken outside of TESU.

If you've applied already congrats! Don't worry too much of time, you have plenty. Be mindful of milestones for the course providers tho, particularly Aleks etc. but you'll here more about that in T minus 8 days....
TESU Commencement - Saturday, September 23, 2017!

Goal: TESU, BSBA General Management by September 2017
68/120 credits completed
In Progress This Month
Prin of Mgmt, Org Behavior, Bus Law, Prin of Fin (DSST)

November 2016
TESU Info Session (waived app fee + free breakfast)
Previous B&M - 45 cr. transferred
March 2017
Aleks - Intermediate Alg, College Alg, Intro to Stats
Institutes - Ethics
Guardian Scholarship Awarded 3/23/17
April 2017
Study.com - Personal Finance, Digital Marketing & Advertising
May 2017
World Religions, Pr. of Marketing
Essentially, If you apply and get accepted, you have up to a year to enroll.
After that time has lapsed, and you have not enrolled, you will need to reapply.
Sending transcripts to TESU can be anytime, they will take up to 25 days to get that evaluated.
If you send them transcripts now for evaluation and when you're done, send them in again for graduation.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Does it cost to send them transcripts? I thought there was a cost associated...or was that from ACE?
Iamtehking Wrote:Does it cost to send them transcripts? I thought there was a cost associated...or was that from ACE?

It doesn't cost anything for TESU to RECEIVE transcripts, but it may cost you to SEND transcripts, depending on where you're sending them from (here in CA, the law says that every school has to give you the first 2 transcripts for free - although they can charge you a service fee for the electronic system that they use to process that).

DSST, for instance, charges $30 (a fortune in my opinion), so you would want to be enrolled somewhere before taking one (because it's free to send it at the time of the test, but $30 after the fact). A lot of schools charge in the $2-$15 range. ACE charges $15.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
You can bank credits the whole time you're enrolled (or paying for their credit banking service).

ACE is $20 for your first transcript and $15 for additional.

Some places would give you an option of paying more for rush delivery.

I think a lot of B&M schools are $20-$30.

Ideas Wrote:I think a lot of B&M schools are $20-$30.

Ouch! I think the most I paid was $7 for a transcript. I think I got off lucky then. Unfortunately though, I had to order from four different schools plus ACE twice -so it added up! $24 to the first school I applied to and $59 to TESU. I recommend only ordering your ACE transcript the one time after you have your courses planned in, unless you just want peace of mind in seeing those courses on your TESU evaluation.

One note about enrolling vs applying - if you apply it doesn't lock in your catalog. If you enroll, which would entail either taking a course or a TECEP, it would at least lock you into a catalog. This may not be a big deal depending on the major you want but it is possible they may change something. That usually happens July 1 each year but can happen at any time. The TECEP is cheaper - I wouldn't go with taking a course unless its the capstone which you have to take anyway but that is usually at the end.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU - Applying for Graduation dexter1326 3 1,680 09-07-2018, 08:43 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  TESU transcript audit says 13 required credits through TESU? Rteurowise 8 2,102 09-05-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU "Overflow" Credits mysonx3 5 2,258 08-31-2018, 01:24 AM
Last Post: Merlin
  Charter Oak (COSC) maximum credits from one source nosey561 1 1,684 08-30-2018, 10:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,831 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Applying to PA school ashtonnewman 18 4,021 08-12-2018, 11:17 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Credits Giantzebra 5 1,599 07-23-2018, 12:50 AM
  Second Bachelor BALS with concentration with the 24 new credits rule posabsolute 1 1,372 07-22-2018, 11:30 PM
  EC now accepting FEMA credits Exfactor 6 2,791 06-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Last Post: sanantone
Lightbulb Juggling the big 3 (degree plan/path) - bit long Cheeseburrito 53 11,127 06-20-2018, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito