Poll: How old were you when your degree was conferred/current age if still in progress!
This poll is closed.
Over 65
0%
0 0%
50 to 65
8.33%
13 8.33%
35 to 50
25.00%
39 25.00%
25 to 35
24.36%
38 24.36%
18 to 25
23.72%
37 23.72%
12 to 18
18.59%
29 18.59%
Total 156 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Age/Degree Poll
I have been thinking of posting a poll like this for a long time, but a recent post in the exams passed thread decided me! I debated internally whether to make the poll public or not and... well... couldn't resist! hilarious Maybe in the future it would be fun to have poll on how long it took each of us to accomplish our goal. Happy voting!
Finished in December, 2008 with my BSBA from TESC

Current events dialogue @SamRust on Twitter
I am almost 18, and have 57 credits!! hilarious I have been working on my degree for nine months now, and should be done by next summer.
[SIZE="2"]BSBA Marketing Thomas Edison State College-63/120[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]College Math-66, College Algebra-64, Analyzing & Interpreting Literature-67, U.S. History I-66, U.S. History II-61, Information Systems & Computer Applications-59, Biology-61, DSST Introduction to Business-61, Introductory Sociology-65, Introductory Psychology-52, Principles of Microeconomics-54, Principles of Macroeconomics-47, Principles of Marketing-68, Financial Accounting-47, Introductory Business Law-62, Principles of Management-70, DSST Principles of Supervision-64, DSST Organizational Behavior-68, English Literature-61[/SIZE]
Age 37 and 20 years in. Hopefully finished within a few months.
[COLOR="Blue"]Excelsior College
102 credits complete
20 UL Credits to go (7 tests)
BS Liberal Studies
Area of Focus:Computer Information Science
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]Next test:
Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union (August 6th)[/COLOR]

You could take 25 DSST tests or 27 CLEP tests for the price of 1 UoP class.
I'll be 25 in July and I'll be finished by August... 7 years off and on.
Bachelor of Arts, 2008
87 Traditional Credits
27 Exam Credits
6 FEMA Credits

M.A., 2010  

*Now Homeschooling
I will be 41 in July and 42 when I finish my degree.
27 now - should be done in October before my birthday...
Excelsior BS - General Business - 2008
Jacksonville State University - MBA - 2010(Done)

121 credits...ALL DONE BABY!!!

54 credits transferred in from prior college
54 credits by examination
6 credits from community college
3 credits from CSU-Pueblo (Operations Management)
4 credits for Information Literacy and Business Strategy from Excelsior

CLEP:
Principles of Macroeconomics (64)
Principles of Microeconomics (61)
Principles of Marketing (66)
Principles of Management (72)
Info Systems and Comp Applications (57)
Introductory Business Law (65)
Social Sciences & History (61)
DSST:
Principles of Supervision (58)
Principles of Statistics (67)
Introduction to Computing (60)
Principles of Financial Accounting (56)
Principles of Finance (55)
Money and Banking (52)
Ethics in America (66)
Management Information Systems (58)
ECE:
Ethics: Theory and Practice (B)
Organizational Behavior ©

GMAT: 600
I'm 30 now and I just enrolled enrolled in college for the first time ever last week with Excelsior. They gave me an unofficial evaluation for my CLEPs/DSST and Army Transcripts
Excelsior gave me:
68 SH for an Associates of Applied Science in Technology (Computer)
Need-English Comp, Info Lit, Nat. Science, Math

85 SH for a BS in Liberal Arts.
Need- above mentioned courses/tests and 21 UL semester hours.

I'm hoping to be done in about one year from now.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
hilarious Ok this old geezer has been working on a degree going on 35 years, I should get my AA in General studies from TESC next month if I get 2 more test in.

Inwe
I thought I had read somewhere that either CLEP or Dantes had age restrictions am I wrong? Did you graduate High School or GED?

I have an 18 year old son who may not be graduating HS next month, I was talking to him today about testing out of some exams. He is very bright got great marks on SAT, he just doesn't like doing homework and he hates getting up early. Would you recommend testing out over B & M? I feel that testing out of basic courses is fine, but at 18 you should be enjoying the college experience with other students your age.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Lindagerr Wrote:hilarious Ok this old geezer has been working on a degree going on 35 years, I should get my AA in General studies from TESC next month if I get 2 more test in.

Inwe
I thought I had read somewhere that either CLEP or Dantes had age restrictions am I wrong? Did you graduate High School or GED?

I have an 18 year old son who may not be graduating HS next month, I was talking to him today about testing out of some exams. He is very bright got great marks on SAT, he just doesn't like doing homework and he hates getting up early. Would you recommend testing out over B & M? I feel that testing out of basic courses is fine, but at 18 you should be enjoying the college experience with other students your age.

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="Navy"]Hi there. I would suggest that you enable him to have the best of both worlds. Nearly 3000 universities accept CLEP for college credit. If I were in your position, I would check out a few colleges in your area and find out which exams they will accept for credit. It may take a little bit of advanced planning since you will not want him to go to a college that will not accept his CLEP exams for credit. Most colleges will post the CLEP policy on its website. I usually just type "CLEP" in the search bar on the college website and read on.

Also, great marks on SAT would be a pretty sure indication that he could be quite successful with CLEP exams. I was also a very gifted student who didn't want to do homework or get up early in the morning - I sure wish my parents would have known about CLEP at that time. Wink [/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]Here is my lineup since January 2008![/SIZE]
[SIZE="1"]UP NEXT: Introductory Business Law
Biology 53 Cool
Intro to Educational Psychology 63
Principles of Marketing 65
College Algebra 60
Introductory Psychology 70
Human Growth and Development 68
Information Sys. Computer App. 48 OUCH! Sad
Introductory Sociology 66
Principles of Management 70
[B]US History II
[B]Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
54 [B][SIZE="1"]COLD[/SIZE]
English Composition with Essay 52 [SIZE="1"]COLD[/SIZE]
Plus, the 24 credits I've earned at the traditional B&M so far.
[SIZE="2"]
[COLOR="Red"]I am graduating in December of 2009!
BS in Human Resources Management
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
[/B][/B][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
I am 20. I turn 21 in June. I get to go drinking. Legally for the first time.

Anyway. I have a few certs (wont list).
I Got an Associate from Penn Foster (will be done in 1-2months)
AS from Rasmussen (RA) I graduate in December
Then I ship off to OCS and training for Surgical Spialist. I will be gone a while.

After that I begin the process of obtaining a BS Chem geared toward Pre-Pharmacy. I have taken a few fema, a few clep, 1 dsst, and 2 LSU classes. I am enrolled into excelsiors credit bank. I dont like all these transcripts. Upon entering OCS I will have two AS degrees and halfway to a BA Liberal Arts no major. I just started looking at everything and relized I can finish that the fastest through distance education. I want to go to B&M for my BS Chem because there are a lot of lab classes I have to do.

Though if I realy push I might be able to have enough credits for the BA when I ship off. Anyway I think I am doing good for a 20year old who took 2 years off of high school.

From reading, many of you are doing good too. INWE, you should be very proud of what you have accomplished at such a young age. As should everyone on this forum.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Abide University Honorary Doctors Degree bjcheung77 0 584 07-07-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TEFL opportunities without a degree Personherebb9 3 513 06-11-2023, 03:09 AM
Question Poll: Just not sure what to major in for grad school and which direction to go! Randyb100 21 1,593 05-26-2023, 03:26 AM
Last Post: Randyb100
  for those who have a math degree - is your job math related ? bluebooger 0 539 03-22-2022, 11:42 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  How has getting a degree from the Big Three (and others) changed your career or life? schristian10 3 948 01-21-2022, 09:43 AM
Last Post: williammosher
  Dr. Amy Cuddy 8 years for 1 degree ashkir 3 973 07-11-2021, 01:56 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Degree Forgery Alpha 8 1,621 04-28-2021, 05:16 PM
  History of Degree "Hacking" collegehacked 8 2,774 07-13-2020, 09:48 AM
Last Post: collegehacked
  Excelsior Graduate earns Master's degree. Oh yeah, she's 14 MNomadic 7 1,671 06-17-2020, 02:51 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  For Sale: Southeastern US Bachelor Degree Granting College bjcheung77 6 2,004 06-04-2020, 10:03 AM
Last Post: lillingworth