Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aleks - Did I pass the course?
Hi,

Attached is a screenshot of my progress report. I thought when you reached 70% the course was over, but it appears to be all the same, and I received no notification of having passed the course. Should I just apply for credit at ACE? Thanks for any help.

Attached Files
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">Aleks score.jpg (Size: 41.01 KB / Downloads: 4)
Yes, apply at ACE.

Ambitious_Apathy Wrote:Hi,

Attached is a screenshot of my progress report. I thought when you reached 70% the course was over, but it appears to be all the same, and I received no notification of having passed the course. Should I just apply for credit at ACE? Thanks for any help.

That's because the course is not over when you get to 70%. I took my ALEKS courses to 100%, did every single piece of the pie.

Now, if you want to get ACE credit for the course, then you only need a 70% in order to get that - that's a totally separate thing. But from the ALEKS side of things, you're definitely not done with the course.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[Post Removed]
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
there are plenty of required courses where you'll never need to use the material.

not saying that math is necessarily one of those.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:there are plenty of required courses where you'll never need to use the material.

not saying that math is necessarily one of those.

I have a friend who teaches algebra. She claims that it's SO important, and you need it constantly in everyday life. Um, me... I just haven't noticed it.

Some parts of my finance and accounting courses needed some very, very basic algebra - but, if you're not going for a business degree - whatever for?

Just my opinion.
Goal: BSBA in Accounting through TESU, 150 credits, Credits so far: 137/150
Received: A.S. in Business Administration, Aug. 2016

Tests taken so far:
Cleps: Psychology (73), College Composition Modular (65), Social Science and History (67), Humanities (59), Marketing (72), Analyzing and Interpreting  Literature (77)
TECEP: Strategic Management Capstone (72)
Aleks: Statistics (71!)
Davar: International Management (82), Intro to Computing (80), American Government (79), Managerial Communications (70)
Study.com: Personal Finance (92), Human Growth and Development (84), Social Psychology (88) Human Resources Management (86)
The Institutes: (76)
Online Accounting Classes: Columbia College: Advanced Accounting, Tax II, TESU: Audit

Up ahead:
Study.com:  Costing, ?
Saylor: Intro to political Science?, Management Info. Systems?
TEEX
sarg123 Wrote:I have a friend who teaches algebra. She claims that it's SO important, and you need it constantly in everyday life. Um, me... I just haven't noticed it.

Some parts of my finance and accounting courses needed some very, very basic algebra - but, if you're not going for a business degree - whatever for?

Just my opinion.

It depends on your mental processes. I use basic algebra as a way to structure mental calculations and rapidly memorize certain classes of information. I've been doing it long enough now that it's completely automatic. (Yes, I'm a nerd. I'm also white. Pretty sure there is a song about that...)

Theoretically, I suppose someone could turn any math into a utility, be it Linear Algebra, Differential Equations, or even something as nuts as Fractals.

One of these days, I'm going to spend six months or a year putting the sum of my mind into reading about and learning advanced mathematics (starting back down at College Algebra to brush up and going up through Differential Equations and Linear Algebra) just to see if I can find a good utilitarian purpose for it.
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
Personally, I love math - especially upper level math - at least, I've only gotten as far as Precalculus. (I don't know if I would love calculus - I never went that far.)

I just don't know if there's any real utility in learning math as in "college algebra math" (at least the kind of college algebra that I learned in my community college - which is, I think, a few steps above Aleks). I know that some of my friends who are educators say that learning higher level math helps people develop their brains and they can think more logically. I wouldn't know, I took a programming course years ago - way before I took any kind of upper level math (including high school math), and I found that programming and logic came naturally to me - but, I guess, that's just me, so I don't know.

I do know that I have never used any kind of algebra in every day life - logic, yes, algebra, no.

Tests taken so far:
Cleps: Psychology (73), College Composition Modular (65), Social Science and History (67), Humanities (59), Marketing (72), Analyzing and Interpreting  Literature (77)
Davar: International Management (82), Intro to Computing (80), American Government (79), Managerial Communications (70)
Study.com: Personal Finance (92), Human Growth and Development (84), Social Psychology (88) Human Resources Management (86)
Online Accounting Classes: Columbia College: Advanced Accounting, Tax II, TESU: Audit

Up ahead:
TEEX
sarg123 Wrote:I have a friend who teaches algebra. She claims that it's SO important, and you need it constantly in everyday life. Um, me... I just haven't noticed it.

Just my opinion.

LOL if I need to learn something, I will. I don't need a teacher or a tuition bill to make that happen! Smile A credential (college credit, diploma, degree, etc.) is a credential- learning is learning. 2 piles. Sometimes they overlap, but they don't have to. Some of the things in this world that I know the MOST about I learned on my own - some of the things I like to do (hobbies) would burn me out if I had to also learn them academically. We all get to choose, it's a beautiful thing. Take the 70, get the credit, and if you want more - go for it. If not, move on! Smile
cookderosa Wrote:LOL if I need to learn something, I will. I don't need a teacher or a tuition bill to make that happen! Smile A credential (college credit, diploma, degree, etc.) is a credential- learning is learning. 2 piles. Sometimes they overlap, but they don't have to. Some of the things in this world that I know the MOST about I learned on my own - some of the things I like to do (hobbies) would burn me out if I had to also learn them academically. We all get to choose, it's a beautiful thing. Take the 70, get the credit, and if you want more - go for it. If not, move on! Smile

Completely agree!

Tests taken so far:

Up ahead:
TEEX

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CC] Opportunity to change B- into PASS/FAIL credit Lightorb333 5 1,061 09-24-2021, 04:43 PM
Last Post: Lightorb333
  Aleks Math for Liberal Arts Degree ragkrish 5 1,393 02-08-2020, 01:49 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ALEKS Course; ACE Knowledge Check Inquiry abs_co 7 2,669 11-27-2019, 11:06 AM
Last Post: dharmastudios
  ALEKS and CSMlearn Kjblue 3 1,383 10-29-2019, 02:58 PM
Last Post: shadowgem
  Like To Know simple Way To Pass Western Civilization MidtownNYC 2 1,461 07-29-2019, 07:06 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Anyone frustrated with ALEKS? MeOldChina 8 2,501 05-17-2019, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  How to register for ALEKS akr680 2 1,144 04-28-2019, 10:39 AM
Last Post: akr680
  Aleks courses Supermind 14 3,594 04-01-2019, 02:05 AM
Last Post: Supermind
  "Pass Your Class" website BobaFett2010 13 2,835 01-16-2019, 03:00 PM
Last Post: rvm
  Is Aleks still ACE accredited as of now? FilMor 28 5,832 12-14-2018, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Merlin