Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amberton now has ACBSP Accreditation!
(06-20-2022, 11:31 AM)Pats20 Wrote:
(06-17-2022, 02:32 PM)Ok bjcheung77 Wrote: That's great news!  Hopefully they continue to keep their tuition as low as it currently is...  Many institutions jack up the price once they gain additional programmatic or secondary accreditation for their programs.  Here's hoping they don't follow that path!
Hopefully they won’t because GSW has a AACSB program which is the gold standard (and much more expensive to gain) for about $10k. So I wouldn’t think it would be a condition to raise tuition.

GSW doesn't offer the same types of MBA's as Amberton. Amberton has additional business degrees as well. GSW's admission process is far more elaborate than Amberton's. Amberton's prerequisite MBA courses can be completed at Amberton for $285 per credit. Amberton doesn't have proctored exams either. GSW does. They use ProctorU and you have to pay for them in addition to your tuition. No thanks! 

Amberton MBA's are focused on a specific area. We don't repeat econ, accounting, marketing, management, finance, etc. from our undergrad degrees thus the 4 prereq courses. If you have a bachelor's in business you're waived from the 4 courses. If you don't have a bachelor's in business, you can still be waived by having completed the courses as an undergrad. 

Googling GSW was a blast. LOL I've never seen so much about the Golden State Warriors before. Wonder why they don't go by GSSU since their name is Georgia Southwestern State University?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • FastTrackDegree
(06-20-2022, 12:17 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-20-2022, 11:31 AM)Pats20 Wrote:
(06-17-2022, 02:32 PM)Ok bjcheung77 Wrote: That's great news!  Hopefully they continue to keep their tuition as low as it currently is...  Many institutions jack up the price once they gain additional programmatic or secondary accreditation for their programs.  Here's hoping they don't follow that path!
Hopefully they won’t because GSW has a AACSB program which is the gold standard (and much more expensive to gain) for about $10k. So I wouldn’t think it would be a condition to raise tuition.

GSW doesn't offer the same types of MBA's as Amberton. Amberton has additional business degrees as well. GSW's admission process is far more elaborate than Amberton's. Amberton's prerequisite MBA courses can be completed at Amberton for $285 per credit. Amberton doesn't have proctored exams either. GSW does. They use ProctorU and you have to pay for them in addition to your tuition. No thanks! 

Amberton MBA's are focused on a specific area. We don't repeat econ, accounting, marketing, management, finance, etc. from our undergrad degrees thus the 4 prereq courses. If you have a bachelor's in business you're waived from the 4 courses. If you don't have a bachelor's in business, you can still be waived by having completed the courses as an undergrad. 

Googling GSW was a blast. LOL I've never seen so much about the Golden State Warriors before. Wonder why they don't go by GSSU since their name is Georgia Southwestern State University?
I agree. Don’t worry about ABCDE accreditation unless you’re planning on working for an elite company. Do a program that works for you and one that you’re happy with. I’m happy for you that you’re happy with amberton. Sounds like an awesome school. Wonder if they have mscs ?
(06-20-2022, 11:45 PM)Pats20 Wrote: I agree. Don’t worry about ABCDE accreditation unless you’re planning on working for an elite company. Do a program that works for you and one that you’re happy with. I’m happy for you that you’re happy with amberton. Sounds like an awesome school. Wonder if they have mscs ?

Amberton currently does not have an MSCS. They only have business and counseling master's programs at this time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amberton Bachelor's Experience? SCYankee 6 955 03-01-2023, 05:42 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  How important is AACSB or ACBSP accreditation? Luiscastaneda25 10 2,257 03-02-2021, 07:59 AM
Last Post: freeloader