Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
American government tips
Any tips on the american government clep exam?Smile
Not an easy test, but I found it passable by using only instancert format. I scored a 56 after two to three days of studying. Be absolutely sure to read all the explanations that coincide with the appropriate answer. You'll do fine!!
First and foremost...learn the info here on instacert. There is plenty of stuff here to pass..

Focus on this stuff:

Amendments, Voting, Slavery, Prohabition, Womens Voting, Ect..

Article of Constitution- Know who has what power and were

JUDICIAL REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laws and Cases: Learn the ones here CLOSELY, ALL OF THEM! These are the trickey ones. Just learn one name though, you dont need to know both parties in a case, so learn the most unique name.

Learn the Strcuture of the Govt on your own. Dont get tricked with common sense questions like speaker of the house, cabinet positions, executive agencies and that stuff..

If you are a political news person this will be easyier than normal, there will be alot of details that you just have to figure out where they fit...
lspahn Wrote:First and foremost...learn the info here on instacert. There is plenty of stuff here to pass..

Focus on this stuff:

Amendments, Voting, Slavery, Prohabition, Womens Voting, Ect..

Article of Constitution- Know who has what power and were

JUDICIAL REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laws and Cases: Learn the ones here CLOSELY, ALL OF THEM! These are the trickey ones. Just learn one name though, you dont need to know both parties in a case, so learn the most unique name.

Learn the Strcuture of the Govt on your own. Dont get tricked with common sense questions like speaker of the house, cabinet positions, executive agencies and that stuff..

If you are a political news person this will be easyier than normal, there will be alot of details that you just have to figure out where they fit...
Thanks for the great tips I will be taking this exam after I take US history 2
lspahn Wrote:Focus on this stuff:

Very good information. Posts like these are going to help a lot of students out!
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
sgloer Wrote:Very good information. Posts like these are going to help a lot of students out!
Steve
I noticed that the American Govt flashcards were updated, and I noticed that these flashcards are outlined the same as the outline found on the collegeboard website, why are there no outlines for the flashcards for us history like us govt flashcards example:US history flashcards:U.S. History II Part 1 [50 Questions]
U.S. History II Part 2 [32 Questions]
U.S. History II Part 3 [33 Questions]
U.S. History II Part 4 [38 Questions]
U.S. History II Part 5 [42 Questions]
U.S. History II Part 6 [30 Questions]
U.S. History II Part 7 [38 Questions]
U.S. History II Part 8 [32 Questions]
U.S. History II Part 9 [37 Questions]
U.S. History II Part 10 [38 Questions]
U.S. History II Part 11 [36 Questions]
U.S. History II Part 12 [43 Questions]
U.S. History II Part 13 [42 Questions]
U.S. History II Part 14 [29 Questions]
US Govt flashcards:
Institutions and policy processes: President, Bureaucracy, and Congress [105 Questions]
Federal courts, civil liberties, and civil rights [51 Questions]
Political parties and interest groups [52 Questions]
Political beliefs and behavior [35 Questions]
Constitutional underpinnings of American democracy [52 Questions
I think the us history flashcards should have an outline like the us govt flashcards.
Thanks
Shark101 Wrote:I think the us history flashcards should have an outline like the us govt flashcards.
Thanks

US Hist II was one of the first subjects we developed, and our approach was a little different back then. The organization of our questions didn't correspond exactly to the outline. The materials have been effective, so it's been hard to justify the time to revise the materials to exactly fit the Collegeboard outline.
--
Steve
Webmaster, InstantCert.com
One of the CLEP credits my school accepts (and that I need) is PLS 101, they call it "American Democracy." Is that what this is?
Becky,

Usually, this low level course is actually called "American Government" or "U.S. Government". Most likely, though, your "American Democracy" req is the traditional Am Gov lower division course. The Best Thing: CHECK WITH YOUR COLLEGE and ask if the Am Gov CLEP meets the Am Dem course!

Just an interesting, worthless--yet possibly humorous--side note: The American Government CLEP that I took accurately emphasized that the government of these United States is NOT a pure democracy, but a Democratic Republic. Thus, if the courses are in fact the same, "American Democracy" seems like a rather odd name for a course detailing the American system.
Southron Boy

CLEP: English Comp w/ essay, English Comp w/o essay, American Gov't, U.S. History I, A & I Lit, Humanities, Intro Sociology, Intro to Psyc, Human Growth & Development, Intro to Ed Psyc, Prin of Management, Prin of Marketing, Business Law

DSST: Technical Writing
Yep, you're right! It is a dumb name for the course. Hey, I see you're in AR -- I'm in Missouri, so we're neighbors. Smile

I think I am going to do Psych next. I'm only allowed 18 credits from CLEP at my school, Missouri State, and they restrict those credits to only certain ones that they will accept. Psych is one I need, and I think it should be easy since I had Psych in nursing school. (I'm an LPN, but not going for an RN degree, pursuing a totally different career, so my LPN credits won't transfer.)

Becky

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The American Dream Academy (TADA) coming to an end in April 2024 Vle045 41 6,184 04-17-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  American Public University? nomaduser 36 3,678 04-16-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Capstone Writing: Tips & Tricks rachel83az 11 28,144 01-25-2024, 11:46 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  European-American University Degree Mill elcastor21 21 2,475 11-08-2023, 10:18 PM
Last Post: Johann
  Life Experience degree from the Mexican Government itself elcastor21 6 615 09-13-2023, 09:42 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Are alternative credits only an American thing? mojave 24 2,274 09-08-2023, 04:14 AM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Tips on How to Get Straight A’s in College LevelUP 19 4,081 05-07-2023, 01:51 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  American Dream Academy Course Limit? vintage_jacket 13 4,422 02-16-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 488 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Question Anyone Have Any Tips for Searching for College News? LevelUP 0 417 12-19-2022, 05:34 PM