Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Capstone Writing: Tips & Tricks
Capstones are really more intimidating than difficult. Just jump into it and take the feedback from the instructor seriously. You'll be fine.

If anyone ever wants to see any of mine, reach out. I'd be glad to send them to you
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jsh1138's post:
  • RachelB
Just a small warning about this. When I was doing my Bachelor's thesis preparation class, I looked all over for info on how to write it - because the school gave us, literally, zero information. We did not even get a rubric. We had to get our thesis idea cleared by our supervisor before we could even begin anything, I gave my supervisor 20 final thesis ideas, he rejected all of them with no feedback and then banned me from contacting him until the last week of the semester - meaning, he had preemptively decided I would fail. This was the PREPARATION class, not even the class where you actually did the final thesis. I did write my "thesis preparation", following all the information I could find online about Bachelor's theses that had been published by OTHER schools - the response was "we don't do it that way here", and I got an F with no further explanation. I sent what I had written to two professionals whose JOBS it was to correct student theses, and they said they could find no explanation for why I failed.

In the end I had to take an associate's thesis writing class at that same school, apply the layout etc. they taught there to my bachelor's thesis (just extending the word count really), and also had to take extra classes in order to qualify for a different supervisor the second time around for my bachelor's thesis. Guess what? That second time around I got an A - from the 2nd supervisor - and the 1st supervisor had completely forgotten he had failed me with no explanation the year before.

Hopefully none of you will have that kind of problem, but I just want to say, don't automatically assume the info you find outside of the school itself will get you a good grade.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  outlier College Writing II liangju1@asu.edu 4 606 11-10-2023, 12:39 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Research sources for writing assignments? GizmoJack 23 93,245 05-29-2023, 10:05 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Tips on How to Get Straight A’s in College LevelUP 19 4,063 05-07-2023, 01:51 PM
Last Post: cardiacclep
  Where can I find a cheap college-level writing/composition course ftlclam 4 803 02-27-2023, 11:28 PM
Last Post: ftlclam
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 476 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Question Anyone Have Any Tips for Searching for College News? LevelUP 0 412 12-19-2022, 05:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  5 Interviewing Tips From an Amazon Applicant Who Jeff Bezos Hired on the Spot LevelUP 4 971 03-07-2022, 12:38 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Grammarly useful for writing collegechick 11 2,400 08-23-2021, 02:30 AM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  writing refresher for ENEB jb111 3 1,044 08-17-2021, 05:02 PM
Last Post: RiverM
  Need help writing competencies RoyalSpade 2 920 05-09-2021, 05:57 PM
Last Post: allvia