Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another coopersmith question
I’m currently in middle of taking business writing and English composition from coopersmith. Part of the course is an exam. Has anyone taken these courses and can provide some feedback on how and what they studied? Thanks
I haven't taken any Coopersmith courses, but it's my understanding that you mainly just need to study the PDF/PowerPoint/Quickstudyguide they give you.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(05-23-2022, 09:49 PM)Cmglaser08 Wrote: I’m currently in middle of taking business writing and English composition from coopersmith. Part of the course is an exam. Has anyone taken these courses and can provide some feedback on how and what they studied? Thanks

The EC1 final is mainly grammar, vocabulary, editing and essay writing. There's no real need to study specifically for it over and above the same skills that are necessary for the essays.

The most direct way to prep for Business Writing exam is the second half of the PowerPoint study guide, which focused on the final.

Note that both courses require 5 written assignments in addition to the final exam. This is unusual for CCC courses, but written assignment requirements are commonly required if courses are to displace basic English writing course requirements.
That's pretty much what other students have mentioned, the bulk of the study is within the provided materials such as pdf/power point slides. I believe there is a recommended text but it's not really necessary to review that, if you have a copy on loan or rent, you can skim materials that you aren't familiar with, otherwise I would skip it and study mainly again on the provided content. Good luck however you decide to study, don't rush when it's crunch time...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I am currently studying for the Medieval Hispano- Jewish Poetry exam and having issues trying to retain the information located on the study guide. I was wondering if anyone took this test and passed? And if you did maybe you would share how you personally studied for it? Did you find and use additional resources outside of what was provided by coopersmith? Did you find it to be more difficult then say a CLEP test? Thank you for any insight you can provide. I tried finding a post on this particular  exam but had no luck. Maybe I'm not using the search bar correctly.
Goal: BA in English (TESU)
91/120

In progress-Coopersmith: Medieval Hispano- Jewish Poetry
(12-14-2023, 04:29 PM)Oulton1 Wrote: I am currently studying for the Medieval Hispano- Jewish Poetry exam and having issues trying to retain the information located on the study guide. I was wondering if anyone took this test and passed? And if you did maybe you would share how you personally studied for it? Did you find and use additional resources outside of what was provided by coopersmith? Did you find it to be more difficult then say a CLEP test? Thank you for any insight you can provide. I tried finding a post on this particular  exam but had no luck. Maybe I'm not using the search bar correctly.

Most of the Coopersmith courses reference a textbook somewhere in the materials. I know this was the case for several of the counseling courses.  They don't tell you to get the textbooks, but I did and found them quite helpful as well as enriching my learning. I'd check carefully and see if it's somewhere in the syllabus or powerpoint.
[-] The following 1 user Likes studyingfortests's post:
  • Oulton1
(12-14-2023, 04:29 PM)Oulton1 Wrote: I am currently studying for the Medieval Hispano- Jewish Poetry exam and having issues trying to retain the information located on the study guide. I was wondering if anyone took this test and passed? And if you did maybe you would share how you personally studied for it? Did you find and use additional resources outside of what was provided by coopersmith? Did you find it to be more difficult then say a CLEP test? Thank you for any insight you can provide. I tried finding a post on this particular  exam but had no luck. Maybe I'm not using the search bar correctly.

Here's the thing about that course.

To be honest, unless you're culturally and linguistically Jewish, it's going to be hard to retain that information. It's just going to be a bunch of names and dates and titles that don't have any independent significance. 

Anyone is welcome to take it, but this is going to be challenging if you don't have some exposure to the prayers in which these works are used.

If you'd like to switch it out for another course, you're welcome to do so. Just shoot me a PM with the kind of course and number of credits you need, and maybe I can make a suggestion.

(05-24-2022, 08:56 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's pretty much what other students have mentioned, the bulk of the study is within the provided materials such as pdf/power point slides.  I believe there is a recommended text but it's not really necessary to review that, if you have a copy on loan or rent, you can skim materials that you aren't familiar with, otherwise I would skip it and study mainly again on the provided content.  Good luck however you decide to study, don't rush when it's crunch time...

We're also creating video courses for all our popular courses, which consist of a series of video modules and practice questions, to supplement the review PowerPoints.

We have about 40 of them done and are posting them at the rate of about 1 a week.

https://www.youtube.com/@coopersmithcare.../playlists
[-] The following 3 users Like shaas's post:
  • Ares, jg_nuy, Oulton1

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coopersmith Pass/Fail Score Dosada 1 64 Yesterday, 03:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coopersmith retake? Amberlinjeanne 4 1,668 11-24-2022, 06:43 PM
Last Post: ctcarl
  Credly Question Bearcat999 1 705 10-24-2022, 12:45 PM
  Physiological psychology-coopersmith exam Cmglaser08 2 1,295 06-18-2022, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Amberlinjeanne
  Coopersmith Psych Upper Level Courses Nathan7991 7 1,517 05-31-2022, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Cmglaser08
  Difficulty level - Coopersmith vs Uexcel? Amberlinjeanne 23 2,941 05-24-2022, 01:35 PM
Last Post: shaas
  DSST Money and Banking or Coopersmith?? Sb2013 0 605 05-03-2022, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Sb2013
  Proctor Track testing question jonathan_stogsdill 2 774 02-22-2022, 07:01 PM
Last Post: jch
  Coopersmith- Organizational behavior Cmglaser08 3 1,251 01-25-2022, 02:08 AM
  Coopersmith- introduction to life Processes Cmglaser08 0 796 08-03-2021, 02:49 PM
Last Post: Cmglaser08