Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Experience at WTAMU, LSUS or National University?
Sagan Wrote:What stigma regarding National?

I already clearly stated why there is a negative stigma regarding National University. Outside of my work, I get asked if it's a diploma mill or if it is like Phoenix. A few people tried to talk me out of it, and it worked.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
martialartist Wrote:I actually got accepted to both schools ,but decided on ENMU.edu instead. Both schools have the highest or most recognised business accreditation. You can't go wrong with either, although WTAMU, endowment is much larger.

Curious, why ENMU instead of WTAMU? I'm looking at both schools, and wonder if the accreditation matters at this point in my career.
BSBA GM TESU June 2016
120 Credits from July 25, 2015 to March 22, 2016
CLEP
College Comp I/II 63 l Anal and Int Lit 61 l Princ of Management 63 l Princ of Marketing 65 l Intro Psych 71 l Intro to Ed Psych 61 l Human Growth and Dev 62 l Intro to Soc 68 l Am Gov 63 l US History I 69 l Biology 56 l Spanish 63
ALEKS
Int Algebra l College Algebra l Intro to Statistics
DSST
Intro to World Rel 481 l Ethics in Am 483 l Criminal Justice 463 l Public Speaking 465 l Intro Comp 454 l MIS 451 l HR Mgt 461
Straighterline
Acc I l Acc II l Cost Acc l Business Law l Org Beh l Bus Comm l Macro l Micro l Int Acc I
Penn Foster
Princ of Finance 92 l Intl Bus 95 l Strat Mgt 98 l Cons Behavior 95
It came down to timing, ENMU, processed my application in time for the spring 2016 start date while WTAMU dither. However, having said that, I am delighted with the decision I have made, although I do not think you can go wrong in choosing West Texas. They cost lest if you are taking more than 6 credits per semester, LSUS is also a fantastic option. In terms of name recognition I would say LSUS has a familiar ring to it then perhaps West Texas and ENMU. At the very least you will get to call yourself BUFF.
I am enrolled currently in WTAMU MBA and I like it so far. Good school and they are very helpful. You can CLEP/DSST out of any leveling courses if need be. I chose them because of the cost and they appeared reputable.
Thanks jox51. Are you taking 2 courses per term? How is the workload?
martialartist Wrote:It came down to timing, ENMU, processed my application in time for the spring 2016 start date while WTAMU dither. However, having said that, I am delighted with the decision I have made, although I do not think you can go wrong in choosing West Texas. They cost lest if you are taking more than 6 credits per semester, LSUS is also a fantastic option. In terms of name recognition I would say LSUS has a familiar ring to it then perhaps West Texas and ENMU. At the very least you will get to call yourself BUFF.

Thanks. I've been stalling a bit making this decision - I need to choose a program soon.
BSBA GM TESU June 2016
120 Credits from July 25, 2015 to March 22, 2016
CLEP
College Comp I/II 63 l Anal and Int Lit 61 l Princ of Management 63 l Princ of Marketing 65 l Intro Psych 71 l Intro to Ed Psych 61 l Human Growth and Dev 62 l Intro to Soc 68 l Am Gov 63 l US History I 69 l Biology 56 l Spanish 63
ALEKS
Int Algebra l College Algebra l Intro to Statistics
DSST
Intro to World Rel 481 l Ethics in Am 483 l Criminal Justice 463 l Public Speaking 465 l Intro Comp 454 l MIS 451 l HR Mgt 461
Straighterline
Acc I l Acc II l Cost Acc l Business Law l Org Beh l Bus Comm l Macro l Micro l Int Acc I
Penn Foster
Princ of Finance 92 l Intl Bus 95 l Strat Mgt 98 l Cons Behavior 95
Decius73 Wrote:Thanks jox51. Are you taking 2 courses per term? How is the workload?

Hi, I took one course last semester and it wasnt that bad. I will be taking two courses starting in June. The coursework isnt bad. I would set my schedule to finish the week's coursework over the weekend. This may not work for some people. On another note, I am trying to see if they would accept any of the PF/SL/Propero finance courses for the finance pre-req for the MBA program. So far, the associate dean keeps stating that CLEP/DSST is preferred but she has never flat out said no which is kind of weird. She keeps stating she doesnt feel confident that the courses wont provide the depth required to succeed in the respective next level courses. I sent the syllabus for all the courses and I got the feeling they never even looked at them.

I would recommend if your looking into the MBA program, get a finance, economics, and financial accounting class or alternate (SL/Propero/PF) done with your current undergrad this way it should satisfy the requirement for the MBA.
I appreciate it. I have already been told that they are waiving the leveling courses because of my previous course work, so I'm good there. I'm leaning heavily towards WTAMU but LSUS is still an option. Thanks for the info.
Thats awesome. Was the previous coursework done through PF/SL/Propero etc? Specifically any ACCT/FIN/or ECON classes?
I CLEP'd out of all but managerial finance. I took a college course in that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 8 655 04-16-2024, 08:10 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 22 1,776 04-15-2024, 08:20 PM
Last Post: klone
  Opinions on Master's International University of Divinity isaachunter 19 6,083 04-14-2024, 07:55 AM
Last Post: isaachunter
  Fitchburg State University - MBA in Finance Spaceghost 7 492 04-06-2024, 01:04 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 33 7,272 04-04-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: collegecareerstudent
  Apollos University - from show clause to closure details bjcheung77 4 364 03-28-2024, 12:40 AM
  Robert Cavelier University Journey armstrongsubero 26 1,625 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Troy University Master's - $250/credit for military PreLawCoastie 11 655 03-11-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 90 14,276 03-06-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: lidel
  Eastern Illinois University. wildebeest 42 6,463 03-04-2024, 09:38 PM