Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any University of Wisconsin-Parkside Alum?
Hey! I’ve been deeply considering attending University of Wisconsin-Parkside - business - self paced, but would love to hear yours (or others) experience!
Are you in Wisconsin or otherwise local? If not, what makes you attracted to their program?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
It also depends on your addendum/template and what you need/want, if it is your first degree and only degree you're going for, I suggest to do it. However, if you're going for a Masters degree from them, you don't need to have a first undergrad from them either, so it can come from TESU or UMPI for a quick bachelors and ladder to UWis-Parkside for the Masters.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Might be a good call. Especially if you’re in the Kenosha area.
(01-05-2024, 11:29 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Are you in Wisconsin or otherwise local? If not, what makes you attracted to their program?

I am in the Chicagoland area, I’m attracted to their program because it’s AACSB accredited, and it’s close to where I live (which can give off a non-online degree).

(01-05-2024, 01:58 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: It also depends on your addendum/template and what you need/want, if it is your first degree and only degree you're going for, I suggest to do it.  However, if you're going for a Masters degree from them, you don't need to have a first undergrad from them either, so it can come from TESU or UMPI for a quick bachelors and ladder to UWis-Parkside for the Masters.

It would be my first degree this is my addendum/temp…

Your Location: Illinois, United States

Your Age: 23, 24 in a couple months.

What kind of degree do you want?: finance/economics/accounting/business

Current Regional Accredited Credits: 
BUS 230 Principles of Finance

EGL 101 Composition I

MKT 131 Principles of Marketing

PSY 101 Introduction To Psychology 

(12 credit hours total)

Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits: none, but willing to take as many

Budget: No budget 

Commitments: no current commitments 

Dedicated time to study: I can study as much as is needed

Timeline: Finishing the courses required for the degree as fast as possible would be ideal. 

Tuition assistance/reimbursement: none.

I’m really looking for a school where I can “quickly” get a degree to someday get CFP designation. 

I plan on being a financial advisor and don’t want to spend years waiting to get a degree. 

I also want to graduate from a school that is somewhat known. I’m well aware of like WGU, but that degree isn’t seen too reputable in the finance community. I have seen someone say Penn State here, but I’m unsure how long that’ll take. 

(01-05-2024, 04:39 PM)Pats20 Wrote: Might be a good call. Especially if you’re in the Kenosha area.

Hope it would be, but want to get more info and reviews on the program, any issues, how fast I can complete it, etc.
Again, if you're going for a Masters, then this first degree won't really matter where you're getting it from... If it's something you don't think you'll be ever pursuing later down the road, then a better known/recognized bachelors would be ideal. For more info, people reading can review my post earlier #3, and for extra review of your situation, your previous thread here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...g-business

You probably won't find much in the way of feedback from Alumni or current students of the program on here since it isn't one of the main schools that is frequently discussed and utilized by members here. There is a user RbxFunRocks here who is doing a UofW-Milwaukee Health Sciences program. He/she does give some feedback about it in some of the later posts in this thread https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...t=Parkside Otherwise, you can probably get more info on some of the Reddit pages that discuss UofW.
"I’m really looking for a school where I can “quickly” get a degree...I also want to graduate from a school that is somewhat known."
It's like I went to your financial planner office one day and told you to make me a billion dollars in 2 years but only give you $150K to invest.

You are young and I understand you can't wait but do you know UW-Parkside had no financial planning concentration in their business degree? This "somewhat-known" school is NOT even a CFP-registered college. ASU and SNHU, for instance, had CFP-recognized programs so you don't need to spend an additional $10-15,000 and 12-18 months to fulfil the CFP Exam eligibility requirements. And I don't think folks in the finance community would rate UW-Parkside any higher than WGU which is a legit school with tons of success stories.
QuickBachelorss Wrote:I’ve messaged them to delete my account. I really need help figuring out college degree and I believe you’re someone that can help me. It would mean a lot to me. I want to go to an online school that I can transfer in a good amount of credits or CLEP. Unfortunately I’m not all too interested in UMPI, TESU, ETC. I want something along the lines of a pretty reputable state school (like the U-Wisconsin flex) and the ability to transfer in some CLEP/Sophia

There are so many institutions out there, I can get you a Masters degree from Harvard if you wanted! Yes, the Harvard (HES actually)... But there is always a cost, energy, time that you want to get things done. As I mentioned before, it's best to get a Bachelors and when you're going the Masters route, find a more known or recognized degree or institution... Associates is like the elementary, Bachelors is like the high school, Masters is the post secondary, people don't really look at the Associates anymore, some partially looking at Bachelors and most put more focus on the Masters and beyond... Remember your end goal, CFP, get a bachelors quickly as per your alias and request, then go for a Masters (and the CFP designation)

(01-15-2024, 02:47 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
QuickBachelorss Wrote:I’ve messaged them to delete my account. I really need help figuring out college degree and I believe you’re someone that can help me. It would mean a lot to me. I want to go to an online school that I can transfer in a good amount of credits or CLEP. Unfortunately I’m not all too interested in UMPI, TESU, ETC. I want something along the lines of a pretty reputable state school (like the U-Wisconsin flex) and the ability to transfer in some CLEP/Sophia

There are so many institutions out there, I can get you a Masters degree from Harvard if you wanted! Yes, the Harvard (HES actually)... But there is always a cost, energy, time that you want to get things done.  As I mentioned before, it's best to get a Bachelors and when you're going the Masters route, find a more known or recognized degree or institution... Associates is like the elementary, Bachelors is like the high school, Masters is the post secondary, people don't really look at the Associates anymore, some partially looking at Bachelors and most put more focus on the Masters and beyond... Remember your end goal, CFP, get a bachelors quickly as per your alias and request, then go for a Masters (and the CFP designation)
Gotcha. 

If I’m understanding correctly you’d advise to go to UMPI/TESU get a bachelors (BA Accounting and BABA with PM & IS concentration) and then put more focus on a masters.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  question on Ohio University accepting Sophia credits EducationSeeker 5 210 04-25-2024, 10:06 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Interdisciplinary from Liberty University Hami8665 3 218 04-16-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Psychology or Liberal Arts with Excelsior University H31d1 6 517 10-01-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: H31d1
  Excelsior University UL courses hoffdeb 7 787 08-11-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Thoughts on Walden University Early Childhood Studies BS Seeker203 3 623 06-22-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  TESU BA CS Degree - Second degree, first degree from Canadian university ItsNeverTheLionsYear 7 976 05-05-2023, 12:02 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  Best University for an international student Csco01 10 1,144 03-07-2023, 10:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Franklin University experiences? SCYankee 13 1,770 03-03-2023, 08:03 PM
  College/University Choices - Help Indy73 6 787 10-10-2022, 12:47 PM
  Nations university Noteven 5 817 08-28-2022, 08:30 PM