Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any one with previous experience - BSBA in General Management
Hello,

I'm currently working toward my BSBA in General Management at Thomas Edison State College.  I'm just starting to finish my BA with transferred credits from a previous colleges and have 20 class credits left to go (Yaaay). I have very tight timining with family and long work hours in IT. So there if any can help with below:

My degree Academic Evaluation states as follows:
Must take -  
SOS-110 - Critical Information Literacy - Question: Any alternatives? Anywhere I can take for Cheap and with less time
ETH-230 -  Ethics in a Digital Age - Question: Any alternatives? Anywhere I can take for Cheap and with less time
POS-110 American Government - Question: Any alternatives? Anywhere I can take for Cheap and with less time

B: GMS Required 9 S (In progress) - Any alternatives? Anywhere I can take for Cheap and with less time
Complete 9 more Semester Hours (SH) from any assortment of the areas below.
Accounting
Finance
Management
Marketing
**At least 12 semester hours within the entire Specialization must be at the 300/400 level.

If anyone has had any previous experience taking these classes at TESU and could share insights, it would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Kash
(06-14-2020, 02:48 PM)Help4Help Wrote: Hello,

I'm currently working toward my BSBA in General Management at Thomas Edison State College.  I'm just starting to finish my BA with transferred credits from a previous colleges and have 20 class credits left to go (Yaaay). I have very tight timining with family and long work hours in IT. So there if any can help with below:

Must take -  
SOS-110 - Critical Information Literacy - Question: Any alternatives? Anywhere I can take for Cheap and with less time
ETH-230 -  Ethics in a Digital Age - Question: Any alternatives? Anywhere I can take for Cheap and with less time
POS-110 American Government - Question: Any alternatives? Anywhere I can take for Cheap and with less time

B: GMS Required 9 S (In progress) - Any alternatives? Anywhere I can take for Cheap and with less time
Accounting
Finance
Management
Marketing
**At least 12 semester hours within the entire Specialization must be at the 300/400 level.

If anyone has had any previous experience taking these classes at TESU and could share insights, it would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,
Kash
SOS-110 Has to be taken at TESU.

(06-14-2020, 02:58 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
(06-14-2020, 02:48 PM)Help4Help Wrote: Hello,

Must take -  

Accounting
Finance
Management
Marketing

Best Regards,
Kash
SOS-110 Has to be taken at TESU.
These can be taken at Study.com

POS-110 American Government -

Accounting

Finance

Management

Marketing
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

LOL - Help4Help, we need more info there SuperHero... 1) Did you do the Capstone already at TESU?

2) You need to provide us more details on what courses you've taken for the AOS, otherwise we may be giving you duplicate courses and those will not work

3) Everything can be completed with ACE providers such as Sophia.org/StraighterLine/Study.com combo, if you want to use NCCRS, then Davar/Coopersmith will be options as well
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
American Government can also be taken with InstantCert for $20. That's less than Study.com
(06-14-2020, 04:13 PM)rachel83az Wrote: American Government can also be taken with InstantCert for $20. That's less than Study.com
I forgot they had American government
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • Help4Help
(06-14-2020, 04:13 PM)rachel83az Wrote: American Government can also be taken with InstantCert for $20. That's less than Study.com

Thank you I am looking into it now - will the TESU Accept it. Thanks again.

(06-14-2020, 03:14 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: LOL - Help4Help, we need more info there SuperHero... 1) Did you do the Capstone already at TESU?

2) You need to provide us more details on what courses you've taken for the AOS, otherwise we may be giving you duplicate courses and those will not work

3) Everything can be completed with ACE providers such as Sophia.org/StraighterLine/Study.com combo, if you want to use NCCRS, then Davar/Coopersmith will be options as well

LOL - You are a  genuine helper@bjcheung77
1) Did you do the Capstone already at TESU?
No And I am not sure what that is I have only taken 
MAN-373 Managerial Communications (B) paid 1700 at TESU
BUS-421 Strategic Management (A) Paid $1700 at TESU

I have taken overall countless classes from Community college and Montclair state University more than 100+ credit then taken 2 classes at TESU. I have my ABA (Associate of Business Administration) degree from Community college. 
I have 2 transcripts with so many classes taken without my knowledge. TESU is giving me 92 credits from both colleges i completed 2 classes from TESU and so overall credits is given 100 and I need to have 20 credits to get my bachelor degree. I am so close but no colleges or advisor helps as much. I hope No one goes through as my experience of taking unnecessary classes. 

Are these with minimal efforts and time consuming. Please kindly advise me and help me not sure what to do. some one told me I can take ethics class of straighterline for free I do not remember.

Have a blessed day.

Regards,
Kash
Hey Help4Help, it maybe best if you just copy/paste your entire evaluation including the *other* credits, this way we know all the courses you have taken and the few credits that have gone into your AOS already. This should be your first step, knowing what courses are required to finish the degree.

There are a few ways of getting this done but I'll focus on the main two and it will depend if you have tuition assistance/reimbursement & if you're willing to spend the extra cash on courses at TESU
1) Complete the courses as cheap/easy/fast as possible with the course providers I mentioned and pay the residency waiver.
2) Take required 16 credits at TESU and SKIP the residency waiver, this will also give you a better overall GPA if you do well.

By looking at your questions above, you're most likely going to lean to #1, and just get it done. However, if you're on the younger side and wanting to get grad credits for the price of undergrad, then I would recommend option 3 which is to do the Bachelors and complete it, but also apply for the Bachelors to Masters.

Photo 
(06-14-2020, 11:30 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hey Help4Help, it maybe best if you just copy/paste your entire evaluation including the *other* credits, this way we know all the courses you have taken and the few credits that have gone into your AOS already.  This should be your first step, knowing what courses are required to finish the degree.

There are a few ways of getting this done but I'll focus on the main two and it will depend if you have tuition assistance/reimbursement & if you're willing to spend the extra cash on courses at TESU
1) Complete the courses as cheap/easy/fast as possible with the course providers I mentioned and pay the residency waiver.
2) Take required 16 credits at TESU and SKIP the residency waiver, this will also give you a better overall GPA if you do well.

By looking at your questions above, you're most likely going to lean to #1, and just get it done.  However, if you're on the younger side and wanting to get grad credits for the price of undergrad, then I would recommend option 3 which is to do the Bachelors and complete it, but also apply for the Bachelors to Masters.

Thank you for taking the time to reply and helping others. I have also looked at the Unofficial Transcript which shows earned credit 115 which makes no sense now and not understanding. I have attached the TESU Degree Evaluation and Transcripts in the Attachment as well.

Program Requirements:
1: BSBA General Education (60 SH) (In progress)
SH Earned: 49 Complete all 6 subrequirements:

A: INTEL & PRACT SKILLS (In progress)

SH Earned: 12
Written Communication 3SH (Complete)
1 EN101 Composition I 12/15/07 B 3.00 ENC-101 *CC *TE

________________________________________Written Communication 3SH (Complete)

Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) option: ENC-102 English Composition II *must earn a grade of C/CR or better

1 EN102 Composition II 05/15/08 C 3.00 ENC-102 *CC *TE
________________________________________Oral Communication 3SH (Complete)

Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) option: COM-209 Public Speaking

1 ENS106 Public Speaking 12/15/09 B 3.00 COM-209 *CC *TE

Quantitative Literacy (DEGREE REQUIREMENT) 3SH (Complete)
1 MA108 College Algebra 05/15/07 A 3.00 MAT-121 *CC *TE
Information Literacy (INSTITUTIONAL REQUIREMENT) 3SH (Not started)
To meet this requirement, students MUST take SOS-110 Critical Information Literacy at Thomas Edison State University.
3 credits needed
B: CIV & GLOBAL LDRSHP (In progress)
For all TESU course options that will satisfy this area of the degree, go to Civic and Global Leadership Courses
SH Earned: 3
1 SO101 Intro Sociology 12/15/07 C 3.00 SOC-101 *CC *TE
Ethical Leadership 3SH (Not started)
Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) option: ETH-230 Ethics in a Digital Age- 3 credits needed
Civic Engagement 3SH (Not started)
Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) option: POS-110 American Government -  3 credits needed

C: KNOWLEDGE HUMAN CULTRS (Complete)
Humanities and/or Social Sciences 9SHSH Earned: 9
1 ST110 Acting I 05/15/09 B- 3.00 THA-120 *CC *TE
1 PS101 Intro Psychology 05/15/09 C 3.00 PSY-101 *CC *TE
2 ARAB101 Beginning Arabic I 05/15/11 B 3.00 ARA-101 *TE

D: UNDRST PHYS&NAT WRLD (Complete) Natural Sciences 4SH
Source Course Title Term Grade SH TESU # Notes
1 SC104 Environmental Scienc 05/15/10 A 4.00 ENS-200 *CC *TE

E: MATHEMATICS (Complete) - (DEGREE REQUIREMENT) 3SH
1 BU206 Business Statistic 12/15/09 B 4.00 STA-201 *CC *TE

F: GE ELECTIVES (In progress)
For all TESU course options that will satisfy this area of the degree, go to General Education Elective Courses.
To identify which of these courses is Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC), go to Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) Courses.!! Exception Excess credit in Gen Ed Math (19SH Required)
General Education Electives 20SH
SH Earned: 17
Required: 19
Remaining: 2

2 ARAB112 Beginning Arabic II 12/15/11 B+ 3.00 ARA-102 *TE
2 ANTH110 Anthropology Multicult America 12/15/11 A 3.00 ANT-199 *TE
1 MA109 Precalculus Mathemat 12/15/07 B 4.00 MAT-129 *CC *TE
1 SC102 Health & Nutrition 05/15/07 B- 3.00 BIO-208 *CC *TE
1 MA111 Business Calculus 12/15/10 B- 4.00 MAT-231 *CC *TE
______ _______________ _________________________ __________ _______ _______ __________ 2 credits needed
2: Core (36SH) (Complete)
SH Earned: 36 Complete all 10 subrequirements:

A: Accounting 6 SH (Complete)
SH Earned: 6
Group 1 (Complete)
1 AC101 Financial Accounting 05/15/08 C+ 3.00 ACC-101 *CC *TE
1 AC205 Managerial Accounting 12/15/08 C 3.00 ACC-102 *CC *TE

B: Business Law 3 SH (Complete)
1 BU201 Business Law 12/15/09 B+ 3.00 LAW-201 *CC *TE

C: Computers 3 SH (Complete)
1 CIS101 Intro to CIS 05/15/07 B+ 3.00 CIS-107 *CC *TE

D: Finance 3 SH (Complete)
2 FINC321 Fundamentals of Finance 05/15/12 B 3.00 FIN-301 *TE

E: Management 3 SH (Complete)
1 BU222 Prin Management 05/15/09 A- 3.00 MAN-210 *CC *TE

F: Marketing 3 SH (Complete)
1 BU203 Marketing 12/15/08 B- 3.00 MAR-201 *CC *TE

G: Business/Society 3SH (Complete)
2 INBS246 Intro International Business 05/15/11 B 3.00 MAN-271 *TE

H: Economics 6 SH (Complete)
1 EC102 Economics II 05/15/10 A 3.00 ECO-112 *CC *TE
1 EC101 Economics I 05/01/09 C+ 3.00 ECO-111 *CC *TE

I: Communications 3 SH (Complete)
3 MAN-373 Managerial Communications 2015JUL B 3.00 

J: Capstone 3 SH (Complete)
*must earn a grade of C/CR or better
This Capstone course must be taken with Thomas Edison State University or via an approved Thomas Edison State University Academic Program Review. Baccalaureate students will not be permitted to register for a capstone course unless they have 100 credits applied toward the requirements for the declared degree and a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
For TESU course options, go to BUS-421 Business Administration Capstone
3 BUS-421 Strategic Management 2015JUL A 3.00

3: General Mngt (18SH: 12SH must be upper level) (In progress)
SH Earned: 9 GPA Achieved/Needed: 3.233 / 2.000 Complete both subrequirements:
A: GMS Required 9 SH (In progress)
*must earn grades of C/CR or better
Complete three courses (one course from three of the following four areas)
Accounting
Finance
Management
Marketing

2 ACCT302 Intermediate Accounting II 12/15/11 B- 3.00 ACC-306 *7Y *TE
Group 2 (Not started)
3 credits
Group 3 (Complete)
2 INFO290 Management Information Systems 05/15/11 A 3.00 CIS-201 *7Y *TE

B: GMS Elective Area (In progress)
*must earn grades of C/CR or better
Accounting
Finance
Management
Marketing

SH Earned: 3
2 INFO375 Operations Analysis 05/15/12 B 3.00 OPM-301 *7Y *TE
________________________________________Group 2 (Not started)
______ _______________ _________________________ __________ _______ _______ __________ 3 credits needed
______ _______________ _________________________ __________ _______ _______ __________ 3 credits needed

4: Electives (6sh) (Complete)- SH Earned: 6
1 BU101 Intro to Business 12/15/07 A- 3.00 BUS-101 *CC *TE
1 BU213 Legal Envir Bus Go 12/15/10 B+ 3.00 LAW-202 *CC *TE

Other Courses:
2 ACCT301 Intermediate Accounting I 05/15/11 C- 3.00 ACC-305 *TE 
1 AC210 Accounting Applications 05/15/10 C 1.00 ACC-213 *TE *CC *DOC 
1 BU235 Job Seeking Techniqu 05/15/10 B- 1.00 FEL-199 *TE *CC 
1 AC102 Financial Accounting 12/15/08 B 3.00 ACC-199 *TE *CC *DOC 
1 CIS125 Microcomputer Softwa 12/15/08 B 3.00 CAP-101 *TE *CC 
1 EN004 Developmental Englis 05/15/07 B 0.00 DEC-001 *RI *TE *DEV *CC 
1 CIS104 Data Entry 12/15/06 B- 3.00 CIS-199 *TE *CC 
1 EN001 Basic English 12/15/06 B 0.00 DEC-003 *RI *TE *DEV *CC 
1 RD004 Devel Reading 12/15/06 C+ 0.00 DEC-011 *RI *TE *DEV *CC 
1 MA005 Algebra 12/15/06 A 0.00 DMT-002 *TE *DEV *CC 
1 RD001 Basic Reading 08/15/06 B- 0.00 DEC-011 *RI *TE *DEV *CC 
1 COL102 The College Experience 08/15/06 A 1.00 FEL-199 *TE *CC

Please kindly guide me here. Thanks in advance. 

Regards, 
Kash

Attached Files
.docx   Academic Degree Evaluation and Transcript.docx (Size: 666.26 KB / Downloads: 5)
Ethical leadership can be satisfied with Sophia or The Institutes. Both are free. The Institutes can be found here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Fr...Institutes

Civic engagement: InstaCert American Government for $20.

GE electives: Pretty much anything from Sophia will work here, as long as it doesn't duplicate what you've already done. Art History I, US History I, and Religion weren't too hard. I found religion to be the easiest, personally. You could also do the 2 1-credit courses: Developing Effective Teams and The Essentials of Managing Conflict. They're fairly short and each one can be completed in just a couple of hours.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Help4Help
This would be the cheapest/easiest/fastest way to get the completed.  Get a second display for multi-tasking...
1) FREE - Take Sophia Ethics, as Institutes is no longer accepted at TESU : https://www.sophia.org/
   also take Project Management for the AOS, for the general elective take Ancient Greek Philosophers.
2) $20 - Take Civic Engagement at InstantCertCredit.com : https://www.instantcertcredit.com/

3) $25 each - Take Operations Management & Project Management again at Saylor.org
Basically, for both, it'll come in as Upper Level and will not duplicate what you have : https://www.saylor.org/credit/
OR if you want $99+exam fees - Take two Business courses from Davar Academy : https://www.davaracademy.com/business.html
Choose 2 from the following 4: MIS, International Finance, Corporate Finance, Principles of Sales

So, to elaborate, you should do it in the order presented above and try to finish each of these #'s in 1 month.  For the strangest reason, if you want to finish this faster, the only thing you can do is complete the final required course SOS-110 at the same time as that will take 3 months to complete.  You can take each set of these along with that final course, the SOS-110 is VERY doable & easy.

[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Help4Help, inkleind

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 72 Yesterday, 12:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,075 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 204 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  UMPI BABA Project Management with Zero Starting Credits ChickenEnjoyer 39 2,383 04-07-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: layermonkey
  Fish and Wildlife Management options Daniel14 13 471 04-04-2024, 07:50 AM
Last Post: RJ77
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 547 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
  best way to get a CS degree for people with experience? bwokbwok 8 436 03-20-2024, 06:27 AM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 923 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM
  Feedback Request on Degree Plan: UMPI BA in Project Management FM1 23 1,723 03-14-2024, 10:48 AM
Last Post: skite
  BSBA CIS Area of Study @ TESU Vin 21 1,407 02-09-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP