Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any other Associate Degrees online besides Pierpont?
(12-05-2022, 12:26 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(12-04-2022, 11:17 PM)Dosada Wrote: Is the BOG AAS legit?  Has anyone had any issues when presenting it to an employer?  Can the BOG AAS be used to move on to a BA down the line?

I'm a few classes away from an A.S. in Business Admin with TESU.  I don't have any intent right now to keep going for a BA, but that may change in the future.  I'm mostly needing the associates for work.  I have almost 20 years experience in my field of work but no actual degree.  At this point in my life I'm not sure the ROI in time/money is worth it to keep going for the BA.

Yes, it's legit. It's from a community college in West Virginia. Several forum members have gone onto their bachelor's degree after completing the Pierpont AAS.

Thanks for the info.  Can anyone comment on their experience of getting the Pierpont BOG AAS and then going onto getting a BA?  Are there any schools that were easier to work with?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dosada's post:
  • Student0fLif3
There are many people on here who have done this. Use the search function and read the threads.
(12-05-2022, 12:49 PM)Dosada Wrote: Thanks for the info.  Can anyone comment on their experience of getting the Pierpont BOG AAS and then going onto getting a BA?  Are there any schools that were easier to work with?

If it would help with your search of these forums, start with reading some of these links to previous threads and one part of the wiki
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pi...egree_Plan
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...l-template
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...PI-BAS-MIS

Those are just a few of the experiences on this forum.  I don't know exactly what term to search on to pull up some threads for those who went on to get BA or BS from TESU so I didn't link to those.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 2 users Like P226mem's post:
  • origamishuttle, Student0fLif3
(12-05-2022, 12:49 PM)Dosada Wrote: Thanks for the info.  Can anyone comment on their experience of getting the Pierpont BOG AAS and then going onto getting a BA?  Are there any schools that were easier to work with?

The Pierpont BOG AAS does not really "help" to get a bachelor's degree in most instances - unless you find a school that accepts a block transfer, which isn't common.

This is really just a cheap/easy/fast way to get an associates degree.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
To clarify: it is rare that an Associate degree helps in obtaining any Bachelor's degree, no matter what school the Associate degree comes from. There are some block transfer articulation agreements between schools in the same state/network, sometimes, but it's also not uncommon for the "block transfer" to be something like 40 credits out of 60. I think something like that happens with some Rio Salado -> ASU students.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Rune2484
(12-05-2022, 12:49 PM)Dosada Wrote:
(12-04-2022, 11:17 PM)Dosada Wrote: Is the BOG AAS legit?  Has anyone had any issues when presenting it to an employer?  Can the BOG AAS be used to move on to a BA down the line?

I'm a few classes away from an A.S. in Business Admin with TESU.  I don't have any intent right now to keep going for a BA, but that may change in the future.  I'm mostly needing the associates for work.  I have almost 20 years experience in my field of work but no actual degree.  At this point in my life I'm not sure the ROI in time/money is worth it to keep going for the BA.

Yes, it's legit. It's from a community college in West Virginia. Several forum members have gone onto their bachelor's degree after completing the Pierpont AAS.

Thanks for the info.  Can anyone comment on their experience of getting the Pierpont BOG AAS and then going onto getting a BA?  Are there any schools that were easier to work with?
What a Pierpont AAS degree did for me - confidence!  I spent almost a year on this forum reading about others' experiences to get their Associate degrees and/or Bachelor's degrees.  Me with an Associate degree ... or a Bachelor's?  I thought, "It's never going to happen".  I couldn't imagine it!  I had a few CC credits under my belt but had been intimidated by college when I was younger, and as I got older I could never imagine dedicating the time to finishing my degree.  I had done very well in my career without a degree for most of my life, until I began hitting the glass ceiling - overlooked for promotions and new positions - because I didn't have a degree.
I finally decided it was now or never - I told myself if I could just walk away with an Associate degree from Pierpont, I would be happy.  As far as I know, there is no (accredited) easier option than Pierpont for an AAS.  Community college was my backup plan.
I began taking classes on Sophia, one more CC class, TEEX, Study.com and also studied for CLEP exams.  I followed the degree plans and advice from well-seasoned members of this forum for the UMPI Bachelor's in Business degree, and told myself I could always stop when I had enough credits to just get the Pierpont AAS degree.  I move much slower through courses than most, so it took me about 9 months.  Before I knew it, I had more than enough credits to transfer to Pierpont.  Sending the transcripts was not the difficult part.  It's the waiting - for the credits to be evaluated and to find out if I had been accepted for graduation.  It is not an overnight degree.
By then, I was addicted to learning, and the competency based format.  
The AAS degree from Pierpont gave me the confidence I needed to enroll at UMPI for a Bachelor's degree.  
This December, I hope to have my Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration with an emphasis in Project Mgmt and Info Systems plus a minor in Management from UMPI, .... and I am looking into Master's programs!  The Pierpont degree has secured a permanent spot on my resume.  It may one-day pale in comparison to the Bachelor's degree, but the Pierpont degree gave me the confidence I needed.  That is priceless! 
If you are like me and have always thought of an Associate or Bachelor's degree as something you'll never "get-to," my advice is to "just begin".  The sooner you get started, the sooner you can finish!
And if they ever have a reunion of the people from this forum, I plan to hug them all and cry tears of happiness and thankfulness on their shoulders - okay, maybe that was an overshare.  ha ha.  Tongue
I hope that helped.  Big Grin
[-] The following 9 users Like Claudia P's post:
  • allvia, CatsDomino, Jonathan Whatley, mr_peanutbutter, NapoleonInRags, origamishuttle, rachel83az, staceydiane, tsgreer
(08-17-2023, 06:23 PM)Claudia P Wrote: I finally decided it was now or never - I told myself if I could just walk away with an Associate degree from Pierpont, I would be happy. 
(08-17-2023, 06:23 PM)Claudia P Wrote: and told myself I could always stop when I had enough credits to just get the Pierpont AAS degree. 

(08-17-2023, 06:23 PM)Claudia P Wrote: This December, I hope to have my Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration with an emphasis in Project Mgmt and Info Systems plus a minor in Management from UMPI, .... and I am looking into Master's programs!

Spoken like a true addict! Big Grin

More seriously, congratulations and good luck with your Master's degree!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • origamishuttle, staceydiane
(08-17-2023, 06:23 PM)Claudia P Wrote:
(12-05-2022, 12:49 PM)Dosada Wrote:

What a Pierpont AAS degree did for me - confidence!  I spent almost a year on this forum reading about others' experiences to get their Associate degrees and/or Bachelor's degrees.  Me with an Associate degree ... or a Bachelor's?  I thought, "It's never going to happen".  I couldn't imagine it!  I had a few CC credits under my belt but had been intimidated by college when I was younger, and as I got older I could never imagine dedicating the time to finishing my degree.  I had done very well in my career without a degree for most of my life, until I began hitting the glass ceiling - overlooked for promotions and new positions - because I didn't have a degree.
I finally decided it was now or never - I told myself if I could just walk away with an Associate degree from Pierpont, I would be happy.  As far as I know, there is no (accredited) easier option than Pierpont for an AAS.  Community college was my backup plan.
I began taking classes on Sophia, one more CC class, TEEX, Study.com and also studied for CLEP exams.  I followed the degree plans and advice from well-seasoned members of this forum for the UMPI Bachelor's in Business degree, and told myself I could always stop when I had enough credits to just get the Pierpont AAS degree.  I move much slower through courses than most, so it took me about 9 months.  Before I knew it, I had more than enough credits to transfer to Pierpont.  Sending the transcripts was not the difficult part.  It's the waiting - for the credits to be evaluated and to find out if I had been accepted for graduation.  It is not an overnight degree.
By then, I was addicted to learning, and the competency based format.  
The AAS degree from Pierpont gave me the confidence I needed to enroll at UMPI for a Bachelor's degree.  
This December, I hope to have my Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration with an emphasis in Project Mgmt and Info Systems plus a minor in Management from UMPI, .... and I am looking into Master's programs!  The Pierpont degree has secured a permanent spot on my resume.  It may one-day pale in comparison to the Bachelor's degree, but the Pierpont degree gave me the confidence I needed.  That is priceless! 
If you are like me and have always thought of an Associate or Bachelor's degree as something you'll never "get-to," my advice is to "just begin".  The sooner you get started, the sooner you can finish!
And if they ever have a reunion of the people from this forum, I plan to hug them all and cry tears of happiness and thankfulness on their shoulders - okay, maybe that was an overshare.  ha ha.  Tongue

My exact feelings and process for how it's happening for me, word for word! Thanks for sharing that! Smile
Goal 1: University of Maine at Presque Isle | B.A., Business Admin - Marketing (in progress)
Goal 2: Brigham Young University - Pathway Worldwide | Web Development Cert (in progress)
Goal 3: Brigham Young University - Idaho | B.S., Software Development

Completed:
Pierpont Community and Technical College | A.A.S., BoG - Business Emphasis (2023)
Carrington College | Professional Diploma, Graphic Design
(08-23-2023, 08:07 AM)tsgreer Wrote:
(08-17-2023, 06:23 PM)Claudia P Wrote: What a Pierpont AAS degree did for me - confidence!  I spent almost a year on this forum reading about others' experiences to get their Associate degrees and/or Bachelor's degrees.  Me with an Associate degree ... or a Bachelor's?  I thought, "It's never going to happen".  I couldn't imagine it!  I had a few CC credits under my belt but had been intimidated by college when I was younger, and as I got older I could never imagine dedicating the time to finishing my degree.  I had done very well in my career without a degree for most of my life, until I began hitting the glass ceiling - overlooked for promotions and new positions - because I didn't have a degree.

I finally decided it was now or never - I told myself if I could just walk away with an Associate degree from Pierpont, I would be happy.  As far as I know, there is no (accredited) easier option than Pierpont for an AAS.  Community college was my backup plan. I began taking classes on Sophia, one more CC class, TEEX, Study.com and also studied for CLEP exams.  I followed the degree plans and advice from well-seasoned members of this forum for the UMPI Bachelor's in Business degree, and told myself I could always stop when I had enough credits to just get the Pierpont AAS degree.  I move much slower through courses than most, so it took me about 9 months.  Before I knew it, I had more than enough credits to transfer to Pierpont.  Sending the transcripts was not the difficult part.  It's the waiting - for the credits to be evaluated and to find out if I had been accepted for graduation.  It is not an overnight degree.

By then, I was addicted to learning, and the competency based format.  The AAS degree from Pierpont gave me the confidence I needed to enroll at UMPI for a Bachelor's degree.  This December, I hope to have my Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration with an emphasis in Project Mgmt and Info Systems plus a minor in Management from UMPI, .... and I am looking into Master's programs!  The Pierpont degree has secured a permanent spot on my resume.  It may one-day pale in comparison to the Bachelor's degree, but the Pierpont degree gave me the confidence I needed.  That is priceless! 

If you are like me and have always thought of an Associate or Bachelor's degree as something you'll never "get-to," my advice is to "just begin".  The sooner you get started, the sooner you can finish! And if they ever have a reunion of the people from this forum, I plan to hug them all and cry tears of happiness and thankfulness on their shoulders - okay, maybe that was an overshare.  ha ha.  Tongue

My exact feelings and process for how it's happening for me, word for word! Thanks for sharing that! Smile

People without credits - For a few dollars (ASU 1 credit course, a month of Sophia.org subscription, cost of transcripts), anyone can use the Pierpont BOG AAS as a springboard for the UMPI Bachelors.  You are going to take those exact credits towards the UMPI anyways, people use it as an ego boost, or use it to build confidence, for other's it is the stepping stone to get them energized for more.  You don't really need the degree to proceed onwards to a Bachelors, it's for those that want it.

For those who already have RA credits, it'll be similar nominal fees as above (sans ASU), again, the courses you take towards the Pierpont BOG AAS will land in the UMPI Bachelors.  Essentially, these credits can go toward the general education or electives and some may go into the major, concentration, or minor.  You're not taking any extra energy, money, time completing courses that don't go towards the Bachelors degree, if you want the BOG AAS degree you can go for it, if not skip it...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • DolceDolce
(03-11-2022, 01:57 PM)natshar Wrote: If you have an association with a union check out this: https://www.unionplus.org/benefits/educa...ee-college

That agreement is toast: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...s-are-Dead

https://www.sharehospitalunion.org/share...scontinued

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 407 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 3 175 03-26-2024, 05:38 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 10 372 03-25-2024, 08:37 PM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 554 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 2 552 03-14-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: JohnJ2024
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 827 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,478 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Working on Pierpont AAS Ariadne 19 1,218 02-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Questions - Pierpont Apply Now? Chimera 8 888 02-22-2024, 01:49 AM
  Sophia to Pierpont The need 2 learn 17 2,234 02-20-2024, 02:25 PM