Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont Associates (AAS) and UMPI Bachelor's degree Excel template
I am looking for an MS Excel degree plan template for the Pierpont Associates plan and a degree plan for UMPI Bachelor of Business Management with a concentration in Management/Leadership or Marketing? I don't know all of the acronyms so I am just using regular longer verbiage. I was trying to find both of these Excel templates for UMPI and Pierpont, but, I cannot find them. Please help.

Thanks,

Education Seeker
I don't think that anyone has a spreadsheet for Pierpont. The requirements are very straightforward, especially now. You need 15 credits in specific classes and then 45 credits of anything you want. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pi...ivalencies

Just about any UMPI plan will also cover Pierpont, but you can use this to help: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pi...egree_Plan

Some courses have changed since ashkir started this thread, but his spreadsheet should help you make your own. https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-for-3-222
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(07-12-2022, 09:58 PM)EducationSeeker Wrote: I am looking for an MS Excel degree plan template for the Pierpont Associates plan and a degree plan for UMPI Bachelor of Business Management with a concentration in Management/Leadership or Marketing? I don't know all of the acronyms so I am just using regular longer verbiage. I was trying to find both of these Excel templates for UMPI and Pierpoint, but, I cannot find them. Please help.

Thanks,

Education Seeker

The degree at UMPI is the BABA = Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration. The Management & Leadership Concentration is SIGNIFICANTLY faster, easier, and shorter than the Marketing Concentration. The Marketing Concentration has 3 papers that are 10+ pages long, including 1 that is a minimum of 15 pages. I don't recommend this concentration unless one is either working currently in marketing or looking to work in marketing. There's only 1 class in the concentration that you can transfer in from Study as well.
(07-13-2022, 01:13 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I don't think that anyone has a spreadsheet for Pierpont. The requirements are very straightforward, especially now. You need 15 credits in specific classes and then 45 credits of anything you want. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pi...ivalencies

Just about any UMPI plan will also cover Pierpont, but you can use this to help: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pi...egree_Plan

Some courses have changed since ashkir started this thread, but his spreadsheet should help you make your own. https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-for-3-222

I am a visual person so I need to create an Excel template for a Pierpont BOG Associates degree plan even if nobody else has done this although I find this hard to believe considering how detailed instructions are on Degree Forum. Hopefully, this will be a good exercise for a template for something else when/if my son gets the Pierpont AAS degree.

Other than creating more working figuring out transferring to UMPI or another university, if my son's end goal is a Bachelor's degree, what is the utility of getting an Associates along the way unless it makes it easier to transfer into UMPI? I keep coming back to this question. I have attached the first attempt at a degree plan and attached it. If he does Business area of specialty for the Pierpont AAS BOG program, it looks like he would need 24 credit hours?

Please let me know what additional credits he could use for electives or what he would already have credit for?

Thanks,

Education Seeker

Attached Files
.xlsx   Pierpoint Associates BOG Degree Plan.xlsx (Size: 11.78 KB / Downloads: 16)
(07-14-2022, 12:12 AM)EducationSeeker Wrote: I am a visual person so I need to create an Excel template for a Pierpont BOG Associates degree plan even if nobody else has done this although I find this hard to believe considering how detailed instructions are on Degree Forum. Hopefully, this will be a good exercise for a template for something else when/if my son gets the Pierpont AAS degree.

Even if there had been an Excel template, it's time to update it since there were some changes with new catalog a few days ago.

For the current catalog (2022-23), the requirements have changed slightly. https://catalog.pierpont.edu/preview_pro...turnto=401

That means your spreadsheet needs update in the Communications (only need 1 now), and Social Sciences (only need 1).  The extra courses you have in there will shift to "free electives".
There may be other stuff. But that jumped out at me. I don't keep up with UMPI stuff to know that part of it

(ps: edit to add, also with your personal spreadsheet for your son, remember that the courses he has at Youngstown will fill many of the BOG requirements. not the case with a template for others of course. )

And the question about do you need an associates first if getting a Bachelors is the goal?  No. 
I think if you know that you know you're preparing for Bachelors, this Pierpont associates just adds steps not needed. Reasons for associates: job promotion to have "any degree", or the specific associates is needed for getting hired in a specific field where bachelors and higher are not needed, and/or no expectation that you want to get a bachelors. 
Personally, I got associates at local community college because I fell in that "no expectation to get bachelors" until I learned about degree forum and how to finish up at TESU quickly with bals.  With youngest sibling, her Pierpont is final degree (for the foreseeable future of course) and was a stretch for her abilities and well earned degree to be conferred next month (several learning challenges involved).
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(07-14-2022, 12:12 AM)EducationSeeker Wrote: I am a visual person so I need to create an Excel template for a Pierpont BOG Associates degree plan even if nobody else has done this although I find this hard to believe considering how detailed instructions are on Degree Forum. Hopefully, this will be a good exercise for a template for something else when/if my son gets the Pierpont AAS degree.

Other than creating more working figuring out transferring to UMPI or another university, if my son's end goal is a Bachelor's degree, what is the utility of getting an Associates along the way unless it makes it easier to transfer into UMPI? I keep coming back to this question. I have attached the first attempt at a degree plan and attached it. If he does Business area of specialty for the Pierpont AAS BOG program, it looks like he would need 24 credit hours?

Please let me know what additional credits he could use for electives or what he would already have credit for?

Thanks,

Education Seeker

Most people create their own template because they already have a bunch of courses from somewhere. They also set up the template so that they understand it. Lots of people don't keep them once they graduate. When I attended UMPI I didn't have a template that would have made any sense to anyone else. What works for Pierpont doesn't necessarily mean it works for UMPI so if UMPI is the actual goal, I'd focus on UMPI. An associate degree has no bearing on transfer to UMPI. It doesn't waive anyone from the GEC or any course at all.
(07-14-2022, 09:31 AM)ss20ts Wrote:

Thanks,

Education Seeker

Most people create their own template because they already have a bunch of courses from somewhere. They also set up the template so that they understand it. Lots of people don't keep them once they graduate. When I attended UMPI I didn't have a template that would have made any sense to anyone else. What works for Pierpont doesn't necessarily mean it works for UMPI so if UMPI is the actual goal, I'd focus on UMPI. An associate degree has no bearing on transfer to UMPI. It doesn't waive anyone from the GEC or any course at all.

@ss20ts

Thank you for the insight and advice. I think that while the Pierpont BOG AAS degree is a nice credential, for my son's purpose, the end goal is a Bachelor's degree ideally in something Business related. With that said, I think adding the Pierpont BOG just makes it more confusing. 

I have already downloaded Ashkir's UMPI degree plan and also developed an Excel plan from scratch utilizing some of the other members advice. We have scheduled a session for my son tomorrow at 3 PM to at least speak with a UMPI representative as he has more questions regarding the program and wondering what classes will be transferred. I don't think he will apply until he is near or as close to the 90 credit hour mark as possible. He is looking at the UMPI Your Pace BBI with a concentration/area of specialty in Management and Leadership as it appears somewhat easier to get based on feedback on the forum.

From what we can see, it looks like UMPI would be the cheapest option to obtain a Bachelor's degree. Not counting the "D" grade in History, he will have about 25 transferrable RA credits. he will need an additional 65 credits or so (roughly about 11 or 12 three credit hour courses) to maximize the amount of classes that UMPI would accept.

Thanks,

Education Seeker
(07-14-2022, 12:31 PM)EducationSeeker Wrote: @ss20ts

Thank you for the insight and advice. I think that while the Pierpont BOG AAS degree is a nice credential, for my son's purpose, the end goal is a Bachelor's degree ideally in something Business related. With that said, I think adding the Pierpont BOG just makes it more confusing. 

I have already downloaded Ashkir's UMPI degree plan and also developed an Excel plan from scratch utilizing some of the other members advice. We have scheduled a session for my son tomorrow at 3 PM to at least speak with a UMPI representative as he has more questions regarding the program and wondering what classes will be transferred. I don't think he will apply until he is near or as close to the 90 credit hour mark as possible. He is looking at the UMPI Your Pace BBI with a concentration/area of specialty in Management and Leadership as it appears somewhat easier to get based on feedback on the forum.

From what we can see, it looks like UMPI would be the cheapest option to obtain a Bachelor's degree. Not counting the "D" grade in History, he will have about 25 transferrable RA credits. he will need an additional 65 credits or so (roughly about 11 or 12 three credit hour courses) to maximize the amount of classes that UMPI would accept.

Thanks,

Education Seeker

There have been some changes to courses transferring from Sophia since ashkir completed his degree. 

Who are you scheduled to speak with at UMPI? If it's an enrollment counselor, you're wasting your time. They're sales people hired by a third party company. They know very little about UMPI. They can't help with transfer credits at all. 

He won't get an official response to transferring courses until he applies and they process his transcripts. We have everything that is needed to complete an UMPI degree listed in the Wiki. I wouldn't apply until he's completed the 90 transfer credits. It's best to focus on one provider at a time. He'll want to put his study time into UMPI's courses so that he'll move through them quickly. They're much more elaborate than Sophia's courses. 

What is BBI? Sounds like he's looking at UMPI's BABA Management & Leadership Concentration. 

I still believe he should join the forum and ask questions. You've asked the same questions repeatedly which may be due to the confusion of trying to complete 2 degrees at the same time. It's best to plan out one at a time. Some of the Pierpont degree may not transfer to UMPI. Your son also needs to understand how this works so it's really in his best interest to join the forum and ask questions. He'll be meeting with his academic advisor by himself once he's a student. He'll need to know what he took and where he thought the course should apply. He will need to advocate for himself. UMPI does follow FERPA so you won't be able to be a part of those conversations.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • RachelB
(07-14-2022, 12:44 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-14-2022, 12:31 PM)EducationSeeker Wrote: @ss20ts

Thanks,

Education Seeker

There have been some changes to courses transferring from Sophia since ashkir completed his degree. 

Who are you scheduled to speak with at UMPI? If it's an enrollment counselor, you're wasting your time. They're sales people hired by a third party company. They know very little about UMPI. They can't help with transfer credits at all. 

He won't get an official response to transferring courses until he applies and they process his transcripts. We have everything that is needed to complete an UMPI degree listed in the Wiki. I wouldn't apply until he's completed the 90 transfer credits. It's best to focus on one provider at a time. He'll want to put his study time into UMPI's courses so that he'll move through them quickly. They're much more elaborate than Sophia's courses. 

What is BBI? Sounds like he's looking at UMPI's BABA Management & Leadership Concentration. 

I still believe he should join the forum and ask questions. You've asked the same questions repeatedly which may be due to the confusion of trying to complete 2 degrees at the same time. It's best to plan out one at a time. Some of the Pierpont degree may not transfer to UMPI. Your son also needs to understand how this works so it's really in his best interest to join the forum and ask questions. He'll be meeting with his academic advisor by himself once he's a student. He'll need to know what he took and where he thought the course should apply. He will need to advocate for himself. UMPI does follow FERPA so you won't be able to be a part of those conversations.

SS20TS-

Good points. At the end of the day, he has to earn the degree. A lot of the acronyms with all of these degree programs is a lot to keep up with unless you are familiar with them which I am learning. Frankly, he needs the structure of getting a plan on executing it. He has ADHD and frankly has a hard time getting started and organized. If he has a clear plan with a very structured approach, he will do it. I am just trying to help him provide this structure and then he has to do it (or not). If I can help him cut through the fog and help him get a clear plan of action, I am going to do it. The rest is up to him.

If I am hearing you correctly, you think that having an initial discussion with UMPI would be a waste of time as they will not provide accurate information on transferring or what is left? At this point, we are only planning a Bachelor of Business Administration CBE Your Pace with a concentration in Mgmt and Leadership...that's it.

Thanks,

Education Seeker
And on the template on your other threads and the ashkir influenced template, American Gov't from InstantCert is no longer an option if I've followed some threads. I've lost track if you know that change or not. Be sure to ask that on the other threads Smile
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pierpont price hike NOX 12 389 03-26-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  credit transfer process at Pierpont for AAS, BOG tdat314 3 168 03-26-2024, 05:38 AM
  International Students for Pierpont BOG AAS Program weelun 10 366 03-25-2024, 08:37 PM
  Credit sufficiency for Pierpoint BOG Degree w/ AoE in IS DEPY 6 401 03-17-2024, 11:55 AM
  Update: Pierpont does not require HS Transcripts if you previously attended college Ares 5 550 03-14-2024, 07:09 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Pierpont BOG possible? JohnJ2024 2 549 03-14-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: JohnJ2024
  Anyone Have Issues Transferring Earned College Credits to Pierpont? Gumbeaux 17 823 03-07-2024, 11:38 AM
Information Sophia Courses to Avoid with the Pierpont BOG Degree Ares 24 1,473 02-27-2024, 05:40 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Working on Pierpont AAS Ariadne 19 1,213 02-25-2024, 11:06 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Questions - Pierpont Apply Now? Chimera 8 884 02-22-2024, 01:49 AM