Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any updated BSBA Finance?
Hi, I'm looking to get BSBA Finance with TESU. I don't have any credits yet. Does anyone have a newest BSBA Finance plan? I looked it up but not sure if it's up-to-date. Thanks.
I have one. If you contact me via PM (and make sure yours is turned on), I will send it to you.

You can also look on the Wiki.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
A few people here been stepping on the study.com UL Risk Management landmine.  Watch out for that, it's only 2 credits.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(01-26-2021, 02:02 PM)LevelUP Wrote: A few people here been stepping on the study.com UL Risk Management landmine.  Watch out for that, it's only 2 credits.

I don't even see it on the transfer equivalencies pages.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-26-2021, 03:04 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(01-26-2021, 02:02 PM)LevelUP Wrote: A few people here been stepping on the study.com UL Risk Management landmine.  Watch out for that, it's only 2 credits.

I don't even see it on the transfer equivalencies pages.

TESU Academic Program Advisor said:
"Only the following Study.com courses are approved at the upper level for the area of study:
Finance 301, 302, 303, 304, 305 and 306"  (so risk management is approved but only 2 worth credits)

That was back in May of 2020.

You can get the lower level Principles of Finance Sophia use for your professional requirements and then get the UL Principles of Finance at Davor or Saylor to use the in AOS.  That gets to you the 18 total credits required.

Other than that TESU offers a regular class for Risk Management or you can try to find a cheaper RA finance credit elsewhere such as APUS
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
But you only need 12 out of 18 credits in the AOS to be UL. So you don't even need to touch Risk Management at all.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
(01-26-2021, 04:54 PM)rachel83az Wrote: But you only need 12 out of 18 credits in the AOS to be UL. So you don't even need to touch Risk Management at all.

True but there are no LL options.
But there is: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan

SDC's principles of finance is a 100-level class while Sophia's is 200. Between SDC and Davar, there are 7 finance courses for the AOS that don't overlap.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
(01-26-2021, 05:07 PM)rachel83az Wrote: But there is: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan

SDC's principles of finance is a 100-level class while Sophia's is 200. Between SDC and Davar, there are 7 finance courses for the AOS that don't overlap.

Both those courses (SDC 101 Prin FIN & Sophia's Prin Fin) come in TESU as FIN-200.

I saw it said on the study.com transfer guide that it comes in TESU as FIN-100 Intro to Finance, that's incorrect.

It comes in as FIN-200.  This is confirmed by multiple people here and I originally had it planned on my degree to take SDC 101 Principle of Finance and they posted on my academic evaluation it was going to come in at FIN-200.

I would PM dfrecore to get some final thoughts on this, then maybe think about updating the Wiki.

The Wiki should be:
LL Options Principles of Finance Sophia or Study.
UL FIN-301 Introduction to Finance Davar or Saylor

BTW good job on the Wiki pages, it's helping a lot of people.

I hope you getting close to your degree, March 1st is getting close. You better finish it up, don't worry about degreeforum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 35 606 16 minutes ago
Last Post: rachel83az
  BSBA CIS Area of Study @ TESU Vin 21 1,256 02-09-2024, 01:13 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Simplified and Updated Degree Plan for UMPI BABA in PM & IS FM1 2 383 12-10-2023, 12:04 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Searching for elective core finance online courses-BSBA in Finance @ TESU Ofeezee 39 3,322 11-21-2023, 06:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  CALLING ALL GENIUES.....Planning BSBA HCM glammie83 11 1,011 11-15-2023, 03:36 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU BSBA Accounting - Need to plan remaining classes Dosada 6 567 11-14-2023, 02:53 AM
  TESU BA CS & BSBA CIS Goal Pach 34 2,576 09-10-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Pach
  Advice on remaining courses (BACS AND BSBA CIS) whitenight 9 560 07-20-2023, 01:48 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  High Schooler Options - BSBA / BABA prettykiti09 18 1,500 05-16-2023, 07:30 AM
  How hard is finance? AW84 4 663 02-02-2023, 07:21 PM
Last Post: AW84