Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone Heard About Walden's Competency Program - Tempo Learning $199 per month
subhuman Wrote:I have not heard of this school before but from a quick search...

"Walden University is a for-profit Public Benefit Corporation, headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Walden University offers Bachelor of Science, Master of Science, Master of Business Administration.."

For profits should be avoided IMO.

Any reasoning?
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Let's get off this for profit debate, which we have had before. On the surface this program looks program looks pretty good, especially for someone who has dropped out of an MBA previously and would like to transfer some credit. The devil is going to be in the details, of course... How fast can you really finish and can you push the pause button on paying if life gets in the way?
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
davewill Wrote:Let's get off this for profit debate, which we have had before. On the surface this program looks program looks pretty good, especially for someone who has dropped out of an MBA previously and would like to transfer some credit. The devil is going to be in the details, of course... How fast can you really finish and can you push the pause button on paying if life gets in the way?

I would agree, if anything program accreditation may be a factor, but there are a whole lot of people out there who have moved their careers forward with a degree from Walden and the new price looks good. Now is their program as "doable" as Patten or WGU is the question - no funny business with artificial delays etc.
"This offer is valid for the life of the student’s program."

Does this mean the discount will apply to every term until you finish the program? Smile wishful thinking maybe.
If you require additional terms, the most that they will be is a little over 2K each term?
MBA- WGU, in progress 2018
BSBA- TESU, Sep. 2017

kalishakti Wrote:"This offer is valid for the life of the student’s program."

Does this mean the discount will apply to every term until you finish the program? Smile wishful thinking maybe.
If you require additional terms, the most that they will be is a little over 2K each term?

Pretty sure that's what it means. Though I'm sure it's void if you want to take a break and come back
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
First of all, apologies everyone for raising hopes. $199 monthly for a regionally accredited competency MBA (whether for profit or not) sounded too good to be true, so I called to ask if the offer was valid. The sales rep (from Poland) appears to not have knowledge about this. He thought this was an old offer, but would get back to me after consulting with his colleagues in the US. I asked my friend to write to ask if the offer is still valid. His and Wladen's responses below.

Quote:Dear*****,

You are likely to have received an offer from Walden University to pursue a Tempo Learning™ MBA for $199/month. We apologize that this offer was sent out inadvertently and that it was incorrect. Our sincere thanks and apologies to all those who responded with interest.

We currently offer a 10% tuition reduction to all new international students who wish to pursue their MBA via Tempo Learning. Please note that this offer is only valid for the February 6, 2017 and March 6, 2017 start dates. To learn more, contact an enrollment advisor at +44 3300 373 568 or walden.u@learn.waldenu.edu.

We wish you the best in your educational goals and hope to see you in a Walden classroom soon.

Yours sincerely,

[/QUOTE]

My friend's counter response:

Quote:Greetings

Thank you for your response and the indication that the US$199 per month was a mistake and a wrong promotion.

However, I've told couple of friends and I don't look good now in front of them.

In addition, i was myself interested but not that this promotion is not true, I believe that Walden has a well known reputation and this kind of error is not acceptable, especially that this response was triggered after a long time and after I had contacted you.
I didn't contact you immediately but rather after a long time, probably 24 hours.
So if it was an error in the first place from your end, Walden University should have sent another correction email almost immediately, in no more than one hour. Therefore it is two mistakes here rather than one.

Being a marketer, this error may have not been a complete error and it may have served an interest in refreshing your mailer database in knowing who is interested in an MBA versus who is not interested anymore. If that was the case, it is an unethical promotion.

So between the first scenario of sending a non-professional & wrong email or the second scenario of sending misleading information to capture interest, I find myself not pleased or interested at all in Walden because i may not be able to have enough trust in Walden as I move forward.

Therefore, please remove my name from your mailing lists. I am no more interested in getting future communication from Walden University

Thank you
- Akintayo

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AA General Studies, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

BSBA General Management, 2014 - Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Bachelor of Religious Studies, 2015 - NationsUniversity
Bachelor of Arts in Management - Leadership, 2016 - Patten University

Award:
Arnold Fletcher Award, 2014. Thomas Edison State College of New Jersey

Graduate School
Master of Science in Management, MSc - The University of Economics in Bratislava - full time studies

ENMU MBA: 2 classes completed - discontinued as am now to attend a local university in Slovakia

65 Semester Hours from Obafemi Awolowo University
45 Credits from Straighterline
24 Credits from TECEP
13 Credits from Penn Foster College
12 Credits fro ALEKS
4 Credits from TEEX
You know, even at $2K per term, it might be useful to someone who had a lot of grad credits and the determination to finish quickly.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
davewill Wrote:You know, even at $2K per term, it might be useful to someone who had a lot of grad credits and was determined to finish quickly.

The terms are only 3 months, so unless (like you said) you have a ton of grad credits, i'd look at WGU or Patten which have similar or much cheaper rates for 4-6 month terms. But WGU doesn't accept grad transfer cred, and I think Patten only takes up to 6cr, so Walden would probably be better in the specific example you gave.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

davewill Wrote:You know, even at $2K per term, it might be useful to someone who had a lot of grad credits and was determined to finish quickly.

Better options available for the money
Former University of Pennsylvania Economics Major Trying to Restart
Currently working on Study.com Guardian Scholarship: Personal Finance, American Government, Environmental Science, Intro to Management, Hist Vietnam War - 15cr
ALEKs: Beginning/Intermediate/College Algebra - 9cr
The Institutes: Professional Ethics - 2cr
TEEX: All 3 Cyber Security - 6cr
CLEP:A&I Lit - 6cr
Sophia: Building Teams - 1cr
Kaplan: PLA - 3cr
Saylor: Env Ethics - 3cr
45cr down
But not many that accept 18cr

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 321 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB, Walden, etc) ashkir 24 21,201 03-27-2024, 01:03 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  I am looking for a budget online MBA program ranked among the top 50 in USA shrekr 51 15,462 01-15-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Walden university richlyblessed 7 1,348 01-02-2024, 09:30 PM
  NAU Personalized Learning Master of Organizational Leadership Jonathan Whatley 11 1,582 12-14-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  NAU MOL degree personalized learning Ebroady23 8 813 11-07-2023, 04:40 PM
  Graduate program for ITT tech graduate Phdhopeful 12 2,277 09-20-2023, 07:37 AM
  Accepted into Georgia Tech's Online MSCS program frankc 11 1,636 09-19-2023, 05:40 PM
  Rasmussen College competency based MPH Popestt 45 7,919 09-16-2023, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Popestt
  Sacramento State launches accelerated, fully online iMBA program LevelUP 7 1,206 09-04-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: datby98