Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACCEPTED INTO MBA PROGRAM!!
I was accepted yesterday to the online MBA program at Mississippi State University. They are waiving GMAT's due to COVID. I had to submit my official TESU transcript through National Student Clearinghouse, a resume, a statement of purpose, and 3 recommendations. After they received my TESU transcript, they reached out to me asking for grades for the classes taken at Study and Sophia because they need to calculate my last 60 cr GPA and it was only showing 2 classes with grades. I sent over my official transcript from STUDY.com and Sophia.org showing my letter or number grades.

I completed (42) credits at B & M schools from 1996 to 2010, (9) cr from Payroll Certification (C.P.P.) from ACE in 2006, (6) CLEP credits in 2015, and the balance of 64 credits from May - October 2020 using Study.com (31), Sophia (24), TECEP (3), Thomas Edison OL (6). My degree will be conferred when I graduate in December 2020. 

I have applied to 8 grad schools MBA online programs and I am waiting for decisions from the other 7:

Mississippi State Univ - ACCEPTED $22k  15-18 months
Univ. of Texas at Permian Basin  $10,080   12 months
Delaware State   $15,450   12 months
Univ. of South Carolina at Aiken  $14k   12 months
William Paterson Univ   $14,250   12 months
Univ of Louisiana at Lafayette  after applying they want GMAT scores, debating whether to take or not $12,800   15 months
Texas A & M at Corpus Christi  $12,387   12 months
Fitchburg State Univ     $12,510   12 months

thanks to this group for all your guidance!
[-] The following 6 users Like FMitchell5036's post:
  • a4tunatemom, allvia, jch, MrBossmanJr, Pikachu, schlocker
That's great news and congratulations.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
[-] The following 1 user Likes videogamesrock's post:
  • FMitchell5036
Congratulations! Why apply to so many MBA programs? I used to live near USC - Aiken. Small school. Surprised they have an online MBA.
From an old-timer here:

Congrats!! Great to see people still making their dreams happy using this community.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
(12-10-2020, 02:38 PM)ss20ts Wrote: Congratulations! Why apply to so many MBA programs? I used to live near USC - Aiken. Small school. Surprised they have an online MBA.
I applied to so many because I was scared I wouldn't get into any after getting REJECTED from LSUS. I had a very low GPA from 20 years ago from brick and mortar schools. I flunked out of at least 8 or more classes over 20 years ago because of not going or not completing the finals and received "F" grades, decreasing my GPA dramatically. All classes I completed to the end and put actual effort into I received all A's. But being young and dumb I failed out of quite a few classes, I should have just withdrew once I decided I wasn't going to go anymore, but I didn't and the result was a very low  GPA and with only taking 2 more graded classes through TESU and getting A's, my final cumulative GPA was only 1.9, even though 4.0 at TESU.

After that, I was really scared I would be rejected everywhere so decided to cast a wide net and apply to more programs, hoping to get into at least one.

Mississippi asked for my Sophia and Study.com transcripts so I sent them, and also sent them to every other school I applied to, so they could see the grades in the recent work I completed. I wish I had sent them to LSUS. oh well. 

UPDATE:

I got into

University of Texas at Permian Basin
and
I decided to apply to Missouri State at the last minute (wasn't on original list), and was also ACCEPTED to Missouri State!

I also applied to UMass at Lowell but haven't heard back yet.

Woohoo!
[-] The following 4 users Like FMitchell5036's post:
  • fmax, GoodYellowDogs, Pikachu, ss20ts
University of Texas at Permian Basin
and
Missouri State Univ.

After already getting rejected at Louisiana State at Shreveport (back in August) and
accepted at Mississippi State last week.

FYI - Mississippi State, Missouri State, and UTPB all asked for my Sophia and Study transcripts.
Quote:After they received my TESU transcript, they reached out to me asking for grades for the classes taken at Study and Sophia because they need to calculate my last 60 cr GPA and it was only showing 2 classes with grades. I sent over my official transcript from STUDY.com and Sophia.org showing my letter or number grades.

One reason to not just pass our ACE-based courses. You never know if graduate school admissions is gonna ask.
[-] The following 4 users Like celerius's post:
  • MrPanda, nilahti2, Pikachu, ss20ts
Good they actually asked for Study and Sophi grades instead of just rejecting the application
[-] The following 2 users Like Cofffeee's post:
  • MrPanda, ss20ts
(12-15-2020, 08:48 PM)celerius Wrote:
Quote:After they received my TESU transcript, they reached out to me asking for grades for the classes taken at Study and Sophia because they need to calculate my last 60 cr GPA and it was only showing 2 classes with grades. I sent over my official transcript from STUDY.com and Sophia.org showing my letter or number grades.

One reason to not just pass our ACE-based courses. You never know if graduate school admissions is gonna ask.

Exactly. I had read on here before I even started my Sophia and Study classes that some that had applied to grad school had to supply their letter/number grades. They really looked hard at the foundation courses to determine if they met the standards to waive the foundation/leveling courses needed for an MBA program. Mississippi and UTPB, I gained regular admission with no add'l courses needed but at Missouri State they said I needed a finance class because the Study.com class I took in Principles of Finance did not qualify for a waiver. I think because it was a lower level 100 course. I got an 87 as my final grade so not sure, why.

(12-15-2020, 09:17 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: Good they actually asked for Study and Sophi grades instead of just rejecting the application

I know, I'm so thankful that they did and took that into consideration and not just classes from 20 years ago.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FMitchell5036's post:
  • MrPanda
(12-15-2020, 08:24 PM)FMitchell5036 Wrote: University of Texas at Permian Basin
and
Missouri State Univ.

After already getting rejected at Louisiana State at Shreveport (back in August) and
accepted at Mississippi State last week.

FYI - Mississippi State, Missouri State, and UTPB all asked for my Sophia and Study transcripts.
Which is your first choice?
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA
                   Master in Project Management, University Isabel I / ENEB
                   Master in Big Data and Business Intelligent, University Isabel I, ENEB

Completed: WGU MS-CIA 2022
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 307 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  I am looking for a budget online MBA program ranked among the top 50 in USA shrekr 51 15,459 01-15-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Graduate program for ITT tech graduate Phdhopeful 12 2,276 09-20-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accepted into Georgia Tech's Online MSCS program frankc 11 1,635 09-19-2023, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Sacramento State launches accelerated, fully online iMBA program LevelUP 7 1,206 09-04-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: datby98
Question Saylor starting an MBA program?! jch 40 4,363 09-04-2023, 12:03 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Chaminade University - Ed.S School Psychology program (Not online, but it's FREE !) nyvrem 9 1,204 09-02-2023, 04:19 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  DTSC-660 at Eastern University (MS in Data Science program) AwardTour 3 1,720 05-25-2023, 04:17 PM
Last Post: AnonStudent
  JWMI MBA Program - My experience so far Vle045 15 2,725 05-15-2023, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Looking for online Grad Cert. or Masters Program RoliJoli 4 1,107 03-27-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: sanantone