Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACCEPTED INTO MBA PROGRAM!!
(12-17-2020, 12:49 PM)HogwartsSchool Wrote: I am referring to TESU, not Excelsior College.
I know what I was saying is study.com sends number grades I used Excelsior as the example since its the last college I sent a study.com transcript to.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

Depending on which form you use, you can request that SDC shows your grades on the transcript. I think it shows them by default unless the school requests pass/fail only for some reason?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-17-2020, 01:04 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Depending on which form you use, you can request that SDC shows your grades on the transcript. I think it shows them by default unless the school requests pass/fail only for some reason?

For this I am only talking about TESU. TESU does NOT show SDC or any ACE grades on official TESU transcripts.
(12-17-2020, 01:07 PM)HogwartsSchool Wrote:
(12-17-2020, 01:04 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Depending on which form you use, you can request that SDC shows your grades on the transcript. I think it shows them by default unless the school requests pass/fail only for some reason?

For this I am only talking about TESU. TESU does NOT show SDC or any ACE grades on official TESU transcripts.

Doesn't matter. If it's important, you'd need to send in ORIGINAL transcripts, whether from TESU or somewhere else. A TESU transcript showing SDC courses isn't an original transcript; the school would want to see the SDC transcript.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
@HogwartsSchool, you need to send one again, the first one I sent ages ago doesn't have it.  The last one I sent does... go figure that out, they've made a change in the last month or two.  My best guess is that, this new change will show the % of the course on the transcripts from Study.com to any one receiving them, so that will be any of the Big 3 or competency based degree or other institutions.

Update 1: Oops!  I rechecked my transcript from Study.com to TESU, it does NOT show the % just that I have credits for the course.  Strange, I looked again, I sent a transcript on the same day to COSC and it DID show with the %.  So, I guess it's TESU's side requesting a pass/fail when it comes over, so that's how it was sent!  I wonder why TESU's transcript template was made that way though...

Update 2: I might be reading the question wrong, I was thinking you meant transferring credits to TESU and what it would show on the Study.com transcript, if that is the case, for TESU, it is just pass/fail, only the ones passed will show up. However, after reading your question again, it sounds if you're asking about Mississippi State U requiring Study.com transcripts and how it shows to them for GPA purposes...

In that case, MSU most likely needed it from the source, as you are correct, TESU doesn't list where it came from, just you've got credit, and Study.com for most other institutions seems to have a % for the course completed VS pass/fail for TESU. I'm still surprised why they customized a template for transcripts to TESU, they could have created a generic one for each and every institution to use, and have the % show up for each instead of pass/fail for some.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-17-2020, 12:28 PM)HogwartsSchool Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 11:36 AM)FMitchell5036 Wrote: I was accepted yesterday to the online MBA program at Mississippi State University. They are waiving GMAT's due to COVID. I had to submit my official TESU transcript through National Student Clearinghouse, a resume, a statement of purpose, and 3 recommendations. After they received my TESU transcript, they reached out to me asking for grades for the classes taken at Study and Sophia because they need to calculate my last 60 cr GPA and it was only showing 2 classes with grades. I sent over my official transcript from STUDY.com and Sophia.org showing my letter or number grades.

Question. How did Mississippi State University know you received ACE credits from SDC and Sophia.org?

The reason I ask, a TESU transcript only says ACE credit and not the provider of the ACE credit. Just wondering...

Also, I am confused because the official study.com transcript does not provide grades, only showing pass* on the transcript. I am looking at one of mine now. How can Mississippi State University create a GPA from that?

Correct. TESU transcript says TESU- ACE so they called and asked where they were from and I told them Sophia and Study and then they said they wanted to see the actual grades, which I sent.

When you request for it to be sent directly to Thomas Edison no number grade is on there, so you are right. But if you choose another school and change the name of school to Missisisppi, when you get to the last page you have 3 different choices of how to send it to school, if you choose Direct from Study, then it will pop-up and 2 buttons for PERCENTAGE or PASS/FAIL. you can also send to yourself this way too. See attachment of screenshot

Attached Files
.png   STUDY EXAMPLE.PNG (Size: 86.01 KB / Downloads: 26)
(12-17-2020, 06:49 PM)FMitchell5036 Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 11:36 AM)FMitchell5036 Wrote: I was accepted yesterday to the online MBA program at Mississippi State University. They are waiving GMAT's due to COVID. I had to submit my official TESU transcript through National Student Clearinghouse, a resume, a statement of purpose, and 3 recommendations. After they received my TESU transcript, they reached out to me asking for grades for the classes taken at Study and Sophia because they need to calculate my last 60 cr GPA and it was only showing 2 classes with grades. I sent over my official transcript from STUDY.com and Sophia.org showing my letter or number grades.

Question. How did Mississippi State University know you received ACE credits from SDC and Sophia.org?

The reason I ask, a TESU transcript only says ACE credit and not the provider of the ACE credit. Just wondering...

Also, I am confused because the official study.com transcript does not provide grades, only showing pass* on the transcript. I am looking at one of mine now. How can Mississippi State University create a GPA from that?

Correct. TESU transcript says TESU- ACE so they called and asked where they were from and I told them Sophia and Study and then they said they wanted to see the actual grades, which I sent.

When you request for it to be sent directly to Thomas Edison no number grade is on there, so you are right. But if you choose another school and change the name of school to Missisisppi, when you get to the last page you have 3 different choices of how to send it to school, if you choose Direct from Study, then it will pop-up and 2 buttons for PERCENTAGE or PASS/FAIL. you can also send to yourself this way too. See attachment of screenshot

Thank you for clarifying. Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes HogwartsSchool's post:
  • FMitchell5036
(12-17-2020, 06:51 PM)HogwartsSchool Wrote:
(12-17-2020, 06:49 PM)FMitchell5036 Wrote:

Thank you for clarifying. Smile

no problem  Big Grin
(12-17-2020, 08:34 AM)Imbanewbie Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 02:09 PM)FMitchell5036 Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 10:35 PM)Imbanewbie Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 08:24 PM)FMitchell5036 Wrote: University of Texas at Permian Basin
and
Missouri State Univ.

After already getting rejected at Louisiana State at Shreveport (back in August) and
accepted at Mississippi State last week.

FYI - Mississippi State, Missouri State, and UTPB all asked for my Sophia and Study transcripts.
Which is your first choice?

I'm think I'm leaning between UTPB and Missouri State.

UTPB will cost $10,380, they have 6 terms per year, 30 credits 10 classes, and I definitely can graduate by December 2021 by taking 2 classes for 5 terms or spreading it out over 6 and take 1 class the first and last terms of the calendar year.

Missouri's regular tuition before leveling course needed is $11,682, they have regular, Spring, Summer, Fall semesters, with some classes offered during a, 8-week block for a part of a term, but not all, most classes are full-term classes, and their program is 33 credits, 11 classes, plus out of their 6 prerequisite/Foundation business courses, they only accepted 5 from my transcript, which means I have to take FIN 600 at cost of about $1062 bringing the total for Missouri to $12,744. It may be hard to graduate in December  2021 from here, as I would have to take 4 classes each for Spring Summer and Fall. With the amount of 8-week block classes they offer I would at least be taking 3 classes all at once. The plus side, they have built into the MBA program a Graduate Certificate without having to take any extra classes. And I like the idea of earning at Graduate Certificate in Management, Entrepreneurship, or Leadership. You actually can plan it to earn 2 Graduate Certificates in Management and Leadership, if you choose the right electives that overlap. See below for other grad certificates offered.

Graduate Certificates
Focus your MBA with specialization in the following areas:

I'm debating. I will have a better idea after I speak to my academic advisor at Missouri tomorrow. Already spoke to advisor at UTPB today.

Thanks and any feedback is appreciated!

Good, you got good information about MSU MBA program, but there is one issue. All the graduate certifications (Management, Entrepreneurship, or Leadership) can not take online yet. Some of the classes you need to go take on campus. You can confirm with the advisor, when those graduate certifications can be fully online. I am current taking MSU MBA in cybersecurity and Finance.
 Wow, thanks for the heads up. I thought I had my degree plan all planned out. I just got off of the phone with the academic advisor. And she explained what you just told me, not all classes in those particular Grad Certs are online. ANd I'm interested in any of the rest that are. That changes things because I was 99% sure I wanted to go to Missouri. The added bonus of getting a Grad certificate justified the higher cost of the program to me, and having to take FIN 600 foundation course. But now it is not possible, Univ of TX Permian Basin is looking better to me, only 10 classes and $2300 cheaper.

question, what class did you take and where, did they use to check off your FIN 600 Foundation Course. I'm trying to figure out is there anyway I can transfer it in cheaper from Study, Straighterline, or TESU. The advisor is checking to see if FIN 301 or 104 from Study.com would fulfill the prereq.

thanks
(12-17-2020, 09:18 AM)FMitchell5036 Wrote:
and
Missouri State Univ.

After already getting rejected at Louisiana State at Shreveport (back in August) and

FYI - Mississippi State, Missouri State, and UTPB all asked for my Sophia and Study transcripts.

UTPB will cost $10,380, they have 6 terms per year, 30 credits 10 classes, and I definitely can graduate by December 2021 by taking 2 classes for 5 terms or spreading it out over 6 and take 1 class the first and last terms of the calendar year.

Missouri's regular tuition before leveling course needed is $11,682, they have regular, Spring, Summer, Fall semesters, with some classes offered during a, 8-week block for a part of a term, but not all, most classes are full-term classes, and their program is 33 credits, 11 classes, plus out of their 6 prerequisite/Foundation business courses, they only accepted 5 from my transcript, which means I have to take FIN 600 at cost of about $1062 bringing the total for Missouri to $12,744. It may be hard to graduate in December  2021 from here, as I would have to take 4 classes each for Spring Summer and Fall. With the amount of 8-week block classes they offer I would at least be taking 3 classes all at once. The plus side, they have built into the MBA program a Graduate Certificate without having to take any extra classes. And I like the idea of earning at Graduate Certificate in Management, Entrepreneurship, or Leadership. You actually can plan it to earn 2 Graduate Certificates in Management and Leadership, if you choose the right electives that overlap. See below for other grad certificates offered.

Graduate Certificates
Focus your MBA with specialization in the following areas:

I'm debating. I will have a better idea after I speak to my academic advisor at Missouri tomorrow. Already spoke to advisor at UTPB today.

Thanks and any feedback is appreciated!

Good, you got good information about MSU MBA program, but there is one issue. All the graduate certifications (Management, Entrepreneurship, or Leadership) can not take online yet. Some of the classes you need to go take on campus. You can confirm with the advisor, when those graduate certifications can be fully online. I am current taking MSU MBA in cybersecurity and Finance.

omg, I didn't realize you are in MSU's MBA program as we speak. How do you like it? Have you finished any classes yet? How difficult are the classes? How many classes are you taking at once?
I have been busy with other thing, I am current taking one class one semester MSU is a traditional University and it is public school which I want to study. The most I love that their tuition is very affordable. I do not want to get into debt. It depends which professor is teaching the class. So far, all my professors are nice and care about student learning.

(12-17-2020, 07:04 PM)FMitchell5036 Wrote:
and
Missouri State Univ.

Missouri's regular tuition before leveling course needed is $11,682, they have regular, Spring, Summer, Fall semesters, with some classes offered during a, 8-week block for a part of a term, but not all, most classes are full-term classes, and their program is 33 credits, 11 classes, plus out of their 6 prerequisite/Foundation business courses, they only accepted 5 from my transcript, which means I have to take FIN 600 at cost of about $1062 bringing the total for Missouri to $12,744. 
 Wow, thanks for the heads up. I thought I had my degree plan all planned out. I just got off of the phone with the academic advisor. And she explained what you just told me, not all classes in those particular Grad Certs are online. ANd I'm interested in any of the rest that are. That changes things because I was 99% sure I wanted to go to Missouri. The added bonus of getting a Grad certificate justified the higher cost of the program to me, and having to take FIN 600 foundation course. But now it is not possible, Univ of TX Permian Basin is looking better to me, only 10 classes and $2300 cheaper.

question, what class did you take and where, did they use to check off your FIN 600 Foundation Course. I'm trying to figure out is there anyway I can transfer it in cheaper from Study, Straighterline, or TESU. The advisor is checking to see if FIN 301 or 104 from Study.com would fulfill the prereq.

thanks
I already have finance class, when I was studying my undergraduate degree. It is not so bad that you need to take one prerequisite course. I know someone needs to take two prerequisite courses.
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA

Completed: WGU MS-CIA & Masters University Isabel I, ENEB
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NYU SPS Guaranteed Admission Program smartdegree 6 505 04-07-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 605 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  I am looking for a budget online MBA program ranked among the top 50 in USA shrekr 51 15,887 01-15-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Graduate program for ITT tech graduate Phdhopeful 12 2,403 09-20-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accepted into Georgia Tech's Online MSCS program frankc 11 1,746 09-19-2023, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Sacramento State launches accelerated, fully online iMBA program LevelUP 7 1,244 09-04-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: datby98
Question Saylor starting an MBA program?! jch 40 4,493 09-04-2023, 12:03 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Chaminade University - Ed.S School Psychology program (Not online, but it's FREE !) nyvrem 9 1,298 09-02-2023, 04:19 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  DTSC-660 at Eastern University (MS in Data Science program) AwardTour 3 1,777 05-25-2023, 04:17 PM
Last Post: AnonStudent
  JWMI MBA Program - My experience so far Vle045 15 2,785 05-15-2023, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Vle045