Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACCEPTED INTO MBA PROGRAM!!
(12-17-2020, 06:42 AM)davewill Wrote: This is really reinforcing my feeling that, for MBA programs, getting accepted isn't the issue. It's the price and the prerequisites.

I believe that it depends on the MBA program that one applies to. Ross, Tepper, Kenan-Flagler, Stern, Fuqua, etc. all have an online MBA program or an online MSQM program which is essentially a much more technical MBA program. Getting accepted into one of these programs IS the hurdle to jump through. However, for the scope of this forum, the price and prerequisites are indeed a much larger issue than getting accepted somewhere.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
UPDATE:

Today I received acceptance to Univ. of South Carolina - Aiken. I applied on Monday which was the deadline for the Spring 2021 term. So that was a pretty quick turn around, only 4 days. The quickest turn around was Missouri State which I applied on Sunday 12/13 at 4 pm through the GRADCAS system, uploaded all of my unofficial transcripts , and I had an acceptance the next day on Monday 12/14 at 8 pm. WOW!

I applied to Delaware State on 11/20 and I am still waiting on a decision. I have called and emailed a few times and they just tell me they are working on it and should here from them in a few days.

Anyway, it doesn't matter because I have made a decision. I'm going to Univ of Texas Permian Basin!
(12-18-2020, 06:47 PM)FMitchell5036 Wrote: UPDATE:

Today I received acceptance to Univ. of South Carolina - Aiken. I applied on Monday which was the deadline for the Spring 2021 term. So that was a pretty quick turn around, only 4 days. The quickest turn around was Missouri State which I applied on Sunday 12/13 at 4 pm through the GRADCAS system, uploaded all of my unofficial transcripts , and I had an acceptance the next day on Monday 12/14 at 8 pm. WOW!

I applied to Delaware State on 11/20 and I am still waiting on a decision. I have called and emailed a few times and they just tell me they are working on it and should here from them in a few days.

Anyway, it doesn't matter because I have made a decision. I'm going to Univ of Texas Permian Basin!
Hi I check univ of Texas Permian basin, they have more classes to take than MSU program. Which graduate certification you want to study ?
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA
                   Master in Project Management, University Isabel I / ENEB
                   Master in Big Data and Business Intelligent, University Isabel I, ENEB

Completed: WGU MS-CIA 2022
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

(12-18-2020, 07:28 PM)Imbanewbie Wrote:

Hi I check univ of Texas Permian basin, they have more classes to take than MSU program. Which graduate certification you want to study ?

Not if your undergrad was in business which mine was, I only have to take 10 classes/30 cr to graduate. They waive up to 2 classes plus Statistics if you qualify. They waived Accounting 6301 and Management 6360, and the Statistics requirement for me. Please see attachment.

Statistics  Requirement
Upon admission students will be evaluated for computer literacy and statistical literacy. Students who need additional skills in these areas are referred to MATH 6301 (statistical literacy). MATH 6301 must be taken before the student enrolls in MNGT 6303, FINA 6320, MNGT 6361, MNGT 6366 or electives in marketing, finance or economics. I had Stats waived.

Business Core Classes
You can waive up to 2 courses if you meet these requirements making the degree only 10 classes which is less than MSU's 11 classes or for me 12 because of the extra finance leveling class. So actually I will be taking 2 classes less than MSU. I met the requirements to have Accounting 6301 and Management 6360 waived. Please see attachment.

Course Policy Waiver

The courses below may be waived based on the following previously completed coursework. A student may waive 2 courses:
  • ACCT 6301: 6 semester credit hours of accounting, including financial and managerial with a "B" average

• FINA 6320: 9 semester credit hours of upper division finance with a "B" average

• MNGT 6360: 6 semester credit hours of upper division management with a "B" average

• MRKT 6310: 9 semester credit hours of upper division marketing with a "B" average

I don't think they have any graduate certificates included like at MSU

Attached Files
.pdf   degree plan utpb.pdf (Size: 586.88 KB / Downloads: 22)
.pdf   degree plan utpb.pdf (Size: 586.88 KB / Downloads: 14)
Fmitchell,
I am so glad you posted this thread. I have been looking very strongly at the very same MBA programs and I am in a similar situation as you were. 

I am on my last four classes at TESU and I was worried about how the GPA was going to be calculated for my BSBA Accounting. I have taken 17 courses through both Sophia and Study since September. I am currently taking my only three courses from TESU (Critical Thinking, Am Gov't, and Capstone) and I will be taking a TECEP for Fed Taxation in January. As of now, I believe I will end these courses with 2 A's, a B and a CR for the TECEP. 

Because I wasn't clear on how the CR's would calculate into the GPA, I was losing excitement that I was going to make it into a one of the MBA programs I wanted due to low RA grades from about 15 years ago when I wasn't taking school as seriously. 

I have already applied to UTPB, TAMUCC, and Western Illinois. Each are holding pending my final transcripts. I also want to apply to Missouri State. 

So let me see if I understand, once these schools see my final transcripts from TESU they will most likely ask me about the ACE credits. If I send them my Sophia and Study transcripts, with the percentage score, they will consider these and use to calculate my overall GPA?
(12-17-2020, 06:49 PM)FMitchell5036 Wrote:
(12-17-2020, 12:28 PM)HogwartsSchool Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 11:36 AM)FMitchell5036 Wrote: I was accepted yesterday to the online MBA program at Mississippi State University. They are waiving GMAT's due to COVID. I had to submit my official TESU transcript through National Student Clearinghouse, a resume, a statement of purpose, and 3 recommendations. After they received my TESU transcript, they reached out to me asking for grades for the classes taken at Study and Sophia because they need to calculate my last 60 cr GPA and it was only showing 2 classes with grades. I sent over my official transcript from STUDY.com and Sophia.org showing my letter or number grades.

Question. How did Mississippi State University know you received ACE credits from SDC and Sophia.org?

The reason I ask, a TESU transcript only says ACE credit and not the provider of the ACE credit. Just wondering...

Also, I am confused because the official study.com transcript does not provide grades, only showing pass* on the transcript. I am looking at one of mine now. How can Mississippi State University create a GPA from that?

Correct. TESU transcript says TESU- ACE so they called and asked where they were from and I told them Sophia and Study and then they said they wanted to see the actual grades, which I sent.

When you request for it to be sent directly to Thomas Edison no number grade is on there, so you are right. But if you choose another school and change the name of school to Missisisppi, when you get to the last page you have 3 different choices of how to send it to school, if you choose Direct from Study, then it will pop-up and 2 buttons for PERCENTAGE or PASS/FAIL. you can also send to yourself this way too. See attachment of screenshot

You can request a transcript for Sophia through the Parchment electronic transcription service and it includes the numeric scores for each Sophia course.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu
How is the GPA then calculated? I'd like to know what GPA I will be graduating with. I think I understand TESU only gives you a GPA only for the courses you take through them. But do they also combine it with any of your previous RA letter grades and use that as your graduating GPA and ignore the Study and Sophia CR's?

I should start a separate thread for this, sorry.
(12-26-2020, 08:41 PM)AZDan Wrote: How is the GPA then calculated? I'd like to know what GPA I will be graduating with. I think I understand TESU only gives you a GPA only for the courses you take through them. But do they also combine it with any of your previous RA letter grades and use that as your graduating GPA and ignore the Study and Sophia CR's?

I see you just created a new thread, I'll answer briefly here and give you a more detailed explanation in your thread here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ulates-GPA?

Internal GPA is only calculated with courses you have taken with the school, they do not take account external GPA.  Courses you transfer from ACE will not affect the GPA either.  So, essentially, TESU will only give you a GPA on X number of courses you complete with them.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Congrats on getting into some good schools! Have you considered UIUC's program? AACSB, $22K, fully online, no GMAT/GRE. The fastest growing MBA on the planet according to Poets&Quants. I graduated from the sister program, the online MSA, two years ago.
BSBA/Accounting TESU (2016). MSA UIUC (2018).

Need help with portfolios? I earned 18 credits at TESU through portfolio evaluations. Nine of those were for upper level accounting courses. My advice for PLA/portfolios: TESU portfolio tips The first post has the Portfolio Checklist I created. Page ten has the actual narrative I wrote to receive credit for ACC-440.

Using Straighterline's Financial Accounting as a substitute for TESU's Intermediate Accounting I? Don't do it if you are an accounting major and/or want your CPA license. They are not the same course and I think TESU has erred in accepting the SL course as Intermediate I. I made this discovery here: Intermediate Accounting II.
[-] The following 2 users Like tesu-acct-student's post:
  • bigrivergroup, Pikachu
(12-26-2020, 08:41 PM)AZDan Wrote: How is the GPA then calculated? I'd like to know what GPA I will be graduating with. I think I understand TESU only gives you a GPA only for the courses you take through them. But do they also combine it with any of your previous RA letter grades and use that as your graduating GPA and ignore the Study and Sophia CR's?

Almost all of the schools I applied to calculated their own GPA. They usually do the last 60 hours. Since my RA credits were old and not really part of my last 60, they took the classes from TESU which were only 2 where I had A's in both so a 4.0 but then added in the actual grades from Sophia and Study after I send the transcript with the letter/number grades since TESU transcript only shows CR. I had 18 classes from Sophia and Study and 2 classes from TESU so that is 20 classes or 60 credits they calculated the GPA on.
MBA in progress at The University of Texas Permian Basin - (Expected December 2021)

Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) in General Management (December 2020)
Thomas Edison State University

Associate of Science in Business Administration (ASBA) (December 2020)
Thomas Edison State University

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 306 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  I am looking for a budget online MBA program ranked among the top 50 in USA shrekr 51 15,459 01-15-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Graduate program for ITT tech graduate Phdhopeful 12 2,276 09-20-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accepted into Georgia Tech's Online MSCS program frankc 11 1,635 09-19-2023, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Sacramento State launches accelerated, fully online iMBA program LevelUP 7 1,206 09-04-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: datby98
Question Saylor starting an MBA program?! jch 40 4,362 09-04-2023, 12:03 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Chaminade University - Ed.S School Psychology program (Not online, but it's FREE !) nyvrem 9 1,204 09-02-2023, 04:19 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  DTSC-660 at Eastern University (MS in Data Science program) AwardTour 3 1,720 05-25-2023, 04:17 PM
Last Post: AnonStudent
  JWMI MBA Program - My experience so far Vle045 15 2,725 05-15-2023, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Looking for online Grad Cert. or Masters Program RoliJoli 4 1,107 03-27-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: sanantone