Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACCEPTED INTO MBA PROGRAM!!
Thanks, this helps a lot as I finish up my last two OL classes at TESU and then send in my final transcripts to the various grad schools.
How do I go about requesting the Sophia and SDC transcripts with the grades?
How do you like UTPB so far?
(12-10-2020, 11:36 AM)FMitchell5036 Wrote: I was accepted yesterday to the online MBA program at Mississippi State University. They are waiving GMAT's due to COVID. I had to submit my official TESU transcript through National Student Clearinghouse, a resume, a statement of purpose, and 3 recommendations. After they received my TESU transcript, they reached out to me asking for grades for the classes taken at Study and Sophia because they need to calculate my last 60 cr GPA and it was only showing 2 classes with grades. I sent over my official transcript from STUDY.com and Sophia.org showing my letter or number grades.

I completed (42) credits at B & M schools from 1996 to 2010, (9) cr from Payroll Certification (C.P.P.) from ACE in 2006, (6) CLEP credits in 2015, and the balance of 64 credits from May - October 2020 using Study.com (31), Sophia (24), TECEP (3), Thomas Edison OL (6). My degree will be conferred when I graduate in December 2020. 

I have applied to 8 grad schools MBA online programs and I am waiting for decisions from the other 7:

Mississippi State Univ - ACCEPTED $22k  15-18 months
Univ. of Texas at Permian Basin  $10,080   12 months
Delaware State   $15,450   12 months
Univ. of South Carolina at Aiken  $14k   12 months
William Paterson Univ   $14,250   12 months
Univ of Louisiana at Lafayette  after applying they want GMAT scores, debating whether to take or not $12,800   15 months
Texas A & M at Corpus Christi  $12,387   12 months
Fitchburg State Univ     $12,510   12 months

thanks to this group for all your guidance!
Congratulations!

If you decide to take the GMAT, how do you plan to study for it?
(12-10-2020, 11:36 AM)FMitchell5036 Wrote: I was accepted yesterday to the online MBA program at Mississippi State University. They are waiving GMAT's due to COVID. I had to submit my official TESU transcript through National Student Clearinghouse, a resume, a statement of purpose, and 3 recommendations. After they received my TESU transcript, they reached out to me asking for grades for the classes taken at Study and Sophia because they need to calculate my last 60 cr GPA and it was only showing 2 classes with grades. I sent over my official transcript from STUDY.com and Sophia.org showing my letter or number grades.

I completed (42) credits at B & M schools from 1996 to 2010, (9) cr from Payroll Certification (C.P.P.) from ACE in 2006, (6) CLEP credits in 2015, and the balance of 64 credits from May - October 2020 using Study.com (31), Sophia (24), TECEP (3), Thomas Edison OL (6). My degree will be conferred when I graduate in December 2020. 

I have applied to 8 grad schools MBA online programs and I am waiting for decisions from the other 7:

Mississippi State Univ - ACCEPTED $22k  15-18 months
Univ. of Texas at Permian Basin  $10,080   12 months
Delaware State   $15,450   12 months
Univ. of South Carolina at Aiken  $14k   12 months
William Paterson Univ   $14,250   12 months
Univ of Louisiana at Lafayette  after applying they want GMAT scores, debating whether to take or not $12,800   15 months
Texas A & M at Corpus Christi  $12,387   12 months
Fitchburg State Univ     $12,510   12 months

thanks to this group for all your guidance!

Hello, how did you figure the above schools were 12 months? Which did you go to?
Hi all, 

Haven't been on here in a while but wanted to check in. Also, wanted to go through the threads because doing some research on getting a Doctoral degree. Anyway, just wanted to update you that I have just completed 5 of 10 classes needed for my MBA at Univ. of Texas Permian Basin, w/ "A" grades in every single class. Trying to graduate with an 4.0. Fingers crossed. The UTPB program is great and most of the professors are great too. The classwork is what you would expect from an MBA program that is AACSB accredited. Some classes are harder than others, I don't like a lot of writing so I think the classes where you read and take an exam with less writing and one project due at the end are most enjoyable. Some classes have more writing than others but I still manage to pull an A as they don't grade really hard as long as you follow the Rubric.

Here are the classes I've taken so far and what I have left. I am still on track to graduate in December of this year.

Spring 1 - Business and Legal Environment & Production and Operations Management
Spring 2 - Information Systems Management & Financial Manangement
Summer 1 - International Business
Summer 2 (Currently Enrolled) - HR Managment & Marketing Management
Fall 1 (Future) - Marketing Analytics
Fall 2 (Future) - Corporate Finance & Strategic Management

This program is so cheap as it's only $1043/ per class with no other fees. I get tuition reimbursement from my job of $3500 per year. I already rec'd the max for this year. But employees have up until 90 days after a class ends to submit grades and request reimbursement so I will be able to get reimbursed for the 3 classes I take in the Fall when the new calendar year starts in January 2022. Plus I received an $1155 scholarship from the school. Bringing down by total out of pocket cost to a little over $2600 for a AACSB accredited MBA. Where there is a will there is a way!

So excited. Still trying to figure out what is next for me. Currently looking at TESU's DBA program, also peeked at Walden and Capella's doctoral programs, but all those aren't AACSB accreditation ( I want to keep the door open for maybe teaching in the future). About to start looking at foreign online AACSB programs (if they exist) and maybe some brick & mortar programs close to home in the NJ/PA area. Trying to keep cost as low as possible but I know that is going to be hard if I definitely want to go the AACSB route. We'll see, I keep going back and forth if ACBSP is ok.
MBA in progress at The University of Texas Permian Basin - (Expected December 2021)

Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) in General Management (December 2020)
Thomas Edison State University

Associate of Science in Business Administration (ASBA) (December 2020)
Thomas Edison State University

[-] The following 1 user Likes FMitchell5036's post:
  • Flelm
(06-28-2021, 10:07 PM)FMitchell5036 Wrote: Hi all, 

Haven't been on here in a while but wanted to check in. Also, wanted to go through the threads because doing some research on getting a Doctoral degree. Anyway, just wanted to update you that I have just completed 5 of 10 classes needed for my MBA at Univ. of Texas Permian Basin, w/ "A" grades in every single class. Trying to graduate with an 4.0. Fingers crossed. The UTPB program is great and most of the professors are great too. The classwork is what you would expect from an MBA program that is AACSB accredited. Some classes are harder than others, I don't like a lot of writing so I think the classes where you read and take an exam with less writing and one project due at the end are most enjoyable. Some classes have more writing than others but I still manage to pull an A as they don't grade really hard as long as you follow the Rubric.

Here are the classes I've taken so far and what I have left. I am still on track to graduate in December of this year.

Spring 1 - Business and Legal Environment & Production and Operations Management
Spring 2 - Information Systems Management & Financial Manangement
Summer 1 - International Business
Summer 2 (Currently Enrolled) - HR Managment & Marketing Management
Fall 1 (Future) - Marketing Analytics
Fall 2 (Future) - Corporate Finance & Strategic Management

This program is so cheap as it's only $1043/ per class with no other fees. I get tuition reimbursement from my job of $3500 per year. I already rec'd the max for this year. But employees have up until 90 days after a class ends to submit grades and request reimbursement so I will be able to get reimbursed for the 3 classes I take in the Fall when the new calendar year starts in January 2022. Plus I received an $1155 scholarship from the school. Bringing down by total out of pocket cost to a little over $2600 for a AACSB accredited MBA. Where there is a will there is a way!

So excited. Still trying to figure out what is next for me. Currently looking at TESU's DBA program, also peeked at Walden and Capella's doctoral programs, but all those aren't AACSB accreditation ( I want to keep the door open for maybe teaching in the future). About to start looking at foreign online AACSB programs (if they exist) and maybe some brick & mortar programs close to home in the NJ/PA area. Trying to keep cost as low as possible but I know that is going to be hard if I definitely want to go the AACSB route. We'll see, I keep going back and forth if ACBSP is ok.

You might consider this AACSB accredited doctoral program:
PhD in Business Administration | UNCG Online

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NYU SPS Guaranteed Admission Program smartdegree 6 499 04-07-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 601 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  I am looking for a budget online MBA program ranked among the top 50 in USA shrekr 51 15,876 01-15-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Graduate program for ITT tech graduate Phdhopeful 12 2,401 09-20-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accepted into Georgia Tech's Online MSCS program frankc 11 1,744 09-19-2023, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Sacramento State launches accelerated, fully online iMBA program LevelUP 7 1,243 09-04-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: datby98
Question Saylor starting an MBA program?! jch 40 4,493 09-04-2023, 12:03 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Chaminade University - Ed.S School Psychology program (Not online, but it's FREE !) nyvrem 9 1,296 09-02-2023, 04:19 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  DTSC-660 at Eastern University (MS in Data Science program) AwardTour 3 1,775 05-25-2023, 04:17 PM
Last Post: AnonStudent
  JWMI MBA Program - My experience so far Vle045 15 2,785 05-15-2023, 09:16 PM
Last Post: Vle045