Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACCEPTED INTO MBA PROGRAM!!
Congrats! Are you waiting on others?

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • FMitchell5036
Congrats well done
That's really really Awesome! Those programs are very affordable. You've got choices to decide on, haha... I would highly recommend a public/state school and AACSB with affordable fees, from the looks of things, these hit all the criteria! Good job, good luck, have fun, take anyone that hits your fancy!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • FMitchell5036
(12-15-2020, 10:35 PM)Imbanewbie Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 08:24 PM)FMitchell5036 Wrote: University of Texas at Permian Basin
and
Missouri State Univ.

After already getting rejected at Louisiana State at Shreveport (back in August) and
accepted at Mississippi State last week.

FYI - Mississippi State, Missouri State, and UTPB all asked for my Sophia and Study transcripts.
Which is your first choice?

I'm think I'm leaning between UTPB and Missouri State.

UTPB will cost $10,380, they have 6 terms per year, 30 credits 10 classes, and I definitely can graduate by December 2021 by taking 2 classes for 5 terms or spreading it out over 6 and take 1 class the first and last terms of the calendar year.

Missouri's regular tuition before leveling course needed is $11,682, they have regular, Spring, Summer, Fall semesters, with some classes offered during a, 8-week block for a part of a term, but not all, most classes are full-term classes, and their program is 33 credits, 11 classes, plus out of their 6 prerequisite/Foundation business courses, they only accepted 5 from my transcript, which means I have to take FIN 600 at cost of about $1062 bringing the total for Missouri to $12,744. It may be hard to graduate in December  2021 from here, as I would have to take 4 classes each for Spring Summer and Fall. With the amount of 8-week block classes they offer I would at least be taking 3 classes all at once. The plus side, they have built into the MBA program a Graduate Certificate without having to take any extra classes. And I like the idea of earning at Graduate Certificate in Management, Entrepreneurship, or Leadership. You actually can plan it to earn 2 Graduate Certificates in Management and Leadership, if you choose the right electives that overlap. See below for other grad certificates offered.

Graduate Certificates
Focus your MBA with specialization in the following areas:

I'm debating. I will have a better idea after I speak to my academic advisor at Missouri tomorrow. Already spoke to advisor at UTPB today.

Thanks and any feedback is appreciated!

(12-16-2020, 02:57 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's really really Awesome! Those programs are very affordable.  You've got choices to decide on, haha...  I would highly recommend a public/state school and AACSB with affordable fees, from the looks of things, these hit all the criteria!  Good job, good luck, have fun, take anyone that hits your fancy!

Thanks I'm so torn between Missouri and UTPB. See response above. I think Mississippi is out as they are about $22k+. I thought they were $15,420 when I applied, but I only looked at the tuition, they also have a $249 per credit fee added for online classes, which I think is ridiculous. so now instead of $514 x 3 = $1542 per class, its really $763 x 3 = $2289 per class. I  don't think I'm going to pay that when I've been accepted to other schools that are half the price that are public/state schools and AACSB accredited. Wish I would have dug deeper when researching the cost of tuition there but I'm still happy I was accepted.

(12-15-2020, 10:38 PM)Ideas Wrote: Congrats! Are you waiting on others?

Yes, I am waiting on Delaware State, UMass at Lowell, Fitchburg, State, and Univ of South Carolina at Aiken. 

I just heard back a few minutes ago from West Texas A & M and they want me to take 2 leveling classes as they only waived Accounting which I took at a B&M school. They want me to take a Finance and Statistics class even though I took and passed those with Study.com. I also submitted a GMAT waiver with my resume and they said my GPA didn't qualify and they would require a GMAT score of 500 or better to continue with my application. 

So I'm going to pass on West Texas A & M, since I already have been accepted to other schools without having to take the GMAT.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FMitchell5036's post:
  • Pikachu
This is really reinforcing my feeling that, for MBA programs, getting accepted isn't the issue. It's the price and the prerequisites.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(12-16-2020, 02:09 PM)FMitchell5036 Wrote:
and
Missouri State Univ.

After already getting rejected at Louisiana State at Shreveport (back in August) and

FYI - Mississippi State, Missouri State, and UTPB all asked for my Sophia and Study transcripts.

UTPB will cost $10,380, they have 6 terms per year, 30 credits 10 classes, and I definitely can graduate by December 2021 by taking 2 classes for 5 terms or spreading it out over 6 and take 1 class the first and last terms of the calendar year.

Missouri's regular tuition before leveling course needed is $11,682, they have regular, Spring, Summer, Fall semesters, with some classes offered during a, 8-week block for a part of a term, but not all, most classes are full-term classes, and their program is 33 credits, 11 classes, plus out of their 6 prerequisite/Foundation business courses, they only accepted 5 from my transcript, which means I have to take FIN 600 at cost of about $1062 bringing the total for Missouri to $12,744. It may be hard to graduate in December  2021 from here, as I would have to take 4 classes each for Spring Summer and Fall. With the amount of 8-week block classes they offer I would at least be taking 3 classes all at once. The plus side, they have built into the MBA program a Graduate Certificate without having to take any extra classes. And I like the idea of earning at Graduate Certificate in Management, Entrepreneurship, or Leadership. You actually can plan it to earn 2 Graduate Certificates in Management and Leadership, if you choose the right electives that overlap. See below for other grad certificates offered.

Graduate Certificates

I'm debating. I will have a better idea after I speak to my academic advisor at Missouri tomorrow. Already spoke to advisor at UTPB today.

Good, you got good information about MSU MBA program, but there is one issue. All the graduate certifications (Management, Entrepreneurship, or Leadership) can not take online yet. Some of the classes you need to go take on campus. You can confirm with the advisor, when those graduate certifications can be fully online. I am current taking MSU MBA in cybersecurity and Finance.
NEXT: Considering DBA, DIT or PhD
In Progress: MSU MBA

Completed: WGU MS-CIA & Ms University Isabel I, ENEB
TEEX: Cybersecurity 101 (4), Cybersecurity 201 (3), Cybersecurity 301 (3)
Sophia: Accounting (3), Project Management (3) Principles of Finance (3) 
Coursera: Google IT Certification, and Google Project Management.

(12-17-2020, 08:34 AM)Imbanewbie Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 02:09 PM)FMitchell5036 Wrote:
and
Missouri State Univ.

Graduate Certificates

Good, you got good information about MSU MBA program, but there is one issue. All the graduate certifications (Management, Entrepreneurship, or Leadership) can not take online yet. Some of the classes you need to go take on campus. You can confirm with the advisor, when those graduate certifications can be fully online. I am current taking MSU MBA in cybersecurity and Finance.

omg, I didn't realize you are in MSU's MBA program as we speak. How do you like it? Have you finished any classes yet? How difficult are the classes? How many classes are you taking at once?
(12-10-2020, 11:36 AM)FMitchell5036 Wrote: I was accepted yesterday to the online MBA program at Mississippi State University. They are waiving GMAT's due to COVID. I had to submit my official TESU transcript through National Student Clearinghouse, a resume, a statement of purpose, and 3 recommendations. After they received my TESU transcript, they reached out to me asking for grades for the classes taken at Study and Sophia because they need to calculate my last 60 cr GPA and it was only showing 2 classes with grades. I sent over my official transcript from STUDY.com and Sophia.org showing my letter or number grades.

Question. How did Mississippi State University know you received ACE credits from SDC and Sophia.org?

The reason I ask, a TESU transcript only says ACE credit and not the provider of the ACE credit. Just wondering...

Also, I am confused because the official study.com transcript does not provide grades, only showing pass* on the transcript. I am looking at one of mine now. How can Mississippi State University create a GPA from that?
[-] The following 2 users Like HogwartsSchool's post:
  • Johndmabryjr, Pikachu
(12-17-2020, 12:28 PM)HogwartsSchool Wrote:
(12-10-2020, 11:36 AM)FMitchell5036 Wrote: I was accepted yesterday to the online MBA program at Mississippi State University. They are waiving GMAT's due to COVID. I had to submit my official TESU transcript through National Student Clearinghouse, a resume, a statement of purpose, and 3 recommendations. After they received my TESU transcript, they reached out to me asking for grades for the classes taken at Study and Sophia because they need to calculate my last 60 cr GPA and it was only showing 2 classes with grades. I sent over my official transcript from STUDY.com and Sophia.org showing my letter or number grades.

Question. How did Mississippi State University know you received ACE credits from SDC and Sophia.org?

The reason I ask, a TESU transcript only says ACE credit and not the provider of the ACE credit. Just wondering...

Also, I am confused because the official study.com transcript does not provide grades, only showing pass* on the transcript. I am looking at one of mine now. How can Mississippi State University create a GPA from that?
I dont know if it's new or not but when they send the transcript to Excelsior College they cc you the student on the transcript and it shows the number grade.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

I am referring to TESU, not Excelsior College.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there any way to enrol into the WGU MBA program as an international student? FM1 6 200 Yesterday, 09:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  NYU SPS Guaranteed Admission Program smartdegree 6 531 04-07-2024, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
Thumbs Up Master in Sustainable Transition - Germany (No Tuition Fee, English, Online Program) kumamon 2 633 03-27-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: armado
  I am looking for a budget online MBA program ranked among the top 50 in USA shrekr 51 15,999 01-15-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Graduate program for ITT tech graduate Phdhopeful 12 2,413 09-20-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accepted into Georgia Tech's Online MSCS program frankc 11 1,755 09-19-2023, 05:40 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Sacramento State launches accelerated, fully online iMBA program LevelUP 7 1,250 09-04-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: datby98
Question Saylor starting an MBA program?! jch 40 4,515 09-04-2023, 12:03 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Chaminade University - Ed.S School Psychology program (Not online, but it's FREE !) nyvrem 9 1,305 09-02-2023, 04:19 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  DTSC-660 at Eastern University (MS in Data Science program) AwardTour 3 1,786 05-25-2023, 04:17 PM
Last Post: AnonStudent