Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone else notice a BIG change in the ACE National Guide?
Exclamation 
The user interface ha changed completely. Additionally, near the the bottom of the page, they mention integrating Credly's Acclaim Platform for sharing badges to verify your class/exam.

More info on the shift to Credly/Acclaim/digital badges:

"ACE can help you document your skills and experiences so that you can receive credit for what you already know. Beginning in October 2020, training providers will issue digital badges on Credly’s Acclaim platform, which you can share through social media and send to professional contacts. Through Acclaim you can also send a free digital transcript directly to a college or university to receive credit for prior learning. If your provider has not migrated to Acclaim yet, you can still order transcripts through the ACE Transcript Registry."
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 2 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • ms_butterfly, nomaduser
Wow! this is so cool! I thought it was about time to update their old fashioned website which looked like from early 2000's.
Now it looks very modernized.
I have mild concerns that some schools (like TESU) might not accept Acclaim for a while. I just hope that this is not the case.
(09-04-2020, 10:03 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I have mild concerns that some schools (like TESU) might not accept Acclaim for a while. I just hope that this is not the case.

From TESU as of 13 Nov:

Please be advised that we are in receipt of your Acclaim by Credly transcript, however we are unable to accept them.

Training programs reviewed and recommended for credit by the American Council on Education (ACE) College Credit Recommendation Service MUST be submitted on an official ACE Registry transcript . Contact ACE to request an official transcript sent to the Thomas Edison State University Registrar's Office at transcripts@tesu.edu.
(11-19-2020, 04:26 PM)rennick00 Wrote:
(09-04-2020, 10:03 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I have mild concerns that some schools (like TESU) might not accept Acclaim for a while. I just hope that this is not the case.

From TESU as of 13 Nov:

Please be advised that we are in receipt of your Acclaim by Credly transcript, however we are unable to accept them.

Training programs reviewed and recommended for credit by the American Council on Education (ACE) College Credit Recommendation Service MUST be submitted on an official ACE Registry transcript . Contact ACE to request an official transcript sent to the Thomas Edison State University Registrar's Office at transcripts@tesu.edu.

Well that is a problem. TESU is going to have to accept Acclaim transcripts or stop accepting ACE credits. ACE isn't going to be issuing paper transcripts for much longer. I wonder if TESU is aware of these changes. ACE has done a HORRIBLE job rolling this change out. There's been a massive lack of communication from them.

From TESU as of 13 Nov:

AND... that's the reason I paid for an ACE transcript last week to TESU. It's $15 well spent as they're working on things, it's not going to be ready until the end of the month at the earliest, I don't waste my time waiting and worrying over something that I can have more control over, for $15, it puts my mind at ease at least...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

From TESU as of 13 Nov:

Yep, that's exactly what I was afraid of. Hopefully, they update their policies soon.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(11-19-2020, 04:32 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:

From TESU as of 13 Nov:

AND... that's the reason I paid for an ACE transcript last week to TESU.  It's $15 well spent as they're working on things, it's not going to be ready until the end of the month at the earliest, I don't waste my time waiting and worrying over something that I can have more control over, for $15, it puts my mind at ease at least...

I probably need to grab two or three official ones just for safekeeping. I'm not exactly planning to go after another undergrad degree, but I may need to send ACE transcripts to schools in the future
Master of Business Administration, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Management & Team Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in International Trade, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Supply Chain Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2021
Master in Project Management, Universidad Isabel I, 2023

BS Information Technology, Western Governors University, 2017
AAS Cybersecurity, Community College, 2017
FEMA Emergency Management Certificate, 2017
Fundraising Specialization Certificate, Berkeley/Haas, 2020

Undergraduate Credits: 165 Semester Credits
Graduate Credits: 105 ECTS (52.5 Semester Credits)
To be awarded college credit for ACE credit recommendations and create an official transcript to be sent to TESU, students must first establish a record of their courses or exams with the American Council on Education by using Credly's Acclaim Platform. This applies to ACE recommended course work with the exception of study.com courses. To be awarded credit for ACE recommended courses completed with study.com you must submit an official study.com transcript.

What are Credly and Acclaim?
Credly is a digital credential company that's partnered with ACE to provide digital badges for learners who have completed ACE recommended courses. Acclaim is Credly's online platform for managing your earned badges and requesting transcripts.

To have ACE credit recommendations considered at Thomas Edison State University, students should have an official Credily Acclaim transcript sent to: transcripts@tesu.edu or
Office of the Registrar
Thomas Edison State University
111 W. State St.
Trenton, NJ 08608

From TESU as of 13 Nov:

https://www.tesu.edu/degree-completion/p...g-programs

Quote:What are Credly and Acclaim?
Credly is a digital credential company that's partnered with ACE to provide digital badges for learners who have completed ACE recommended courses. Acclaim is Credly's online platform for managing your earned badges and requesting transcripts.

To have ACE credit recommendations considered at Thomas Edison State University, students should have an official Credily Acclaim transcript sent to: transcripts@tesu.edu or
Office of the Registrar
Thomas Edison State University
111 W. State St.
Trenton, NJ 08608

... I have no words Dodgy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Guide to Jesuit Colleges LevelUP 0 228 01-25-2024, 04:42 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  After 14 student deaths, North Carolina State confronts a national crisis bjcheung77 1 383 05-13-2023, 11:40 AM
  No longer a distinction between national and regional accreditors inf 9 1,296 09-26-2022, 09:28 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  The Guardian University Guide Alpha 0 431 09-24-2022, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  National Trends in Grade Inflation for American Colleges LevelUP 1 512 09-21-2022, 07:06 PM
Last Post: Courcelles
  National-Northcentral Merger Alpha 2 679 07-29-2022, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  PhD grad wins national award for AI tool that predict/prevent strokes! bjcheung77 0 447 06-04-2022, 11:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Inside the Vast National Experiment in Test-Optional College Admissions LevelUP 2 869 04-11-2022, 05:49 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  In ‘Historic’ Vote, UVA Students Vote to Change 180-Year-Old Honor Policy LevelUP 0 840 03-10-2022, 08:40 AM
  Coursera: Google & IBM. I am looking for Beginners guide mdel210201 6 1,735 02-05-2022, 01:03 PM
Last Post: mdel210201