Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone have a roadmap for COSC Public Safety Administration?
I've been lurking here for a few weeks and finally decided to register and become a part of the community! I'm almost finished with an Associate's in Business Management from Eastern Gateway Community College which is free through my union at work. If you or a family member are in a union, definitely check it out at UnionPlus.org. 

Anyway, I am interested in the BS in Public Safety Administration at COSC. Has anyone gone though this program before? I'm specifically interested in anyone who has taken numerous FEMA classes both online and in person. I have about 30 IS classes online and the Professional Development Series and Emergency Management Basic Academy as well as a few courses from the Advanced Professional Series. Also of interest is usage of the usual places for earning credit which apply to public administration. TIA!
LSU-Shreveport: MBA, Project Management 2023
UMGC: BS Public Safety Administration, minor Emergency Management 2021
Eastern Gateway Community College: AAB Business Management 2019
Credits from Sophia, SDC, FEMA EMI, TEEX, Schmoop, and B&M

Eastern Gateway Community College is free to union members!
Anyone can take advantage by joining Working America.
Sorry to derail the thread a bit, but did you try transferring in any ACE recommended credits to EGCC? I have a buddy attending the school and it wasn't too clear have accepting they are of alt credit
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(03-31-2019, 11:29 PM)jsd Wrote: Sorry to derail the thread a bit, but did you try transferring in any ACE recommended credits to EGCC? I have a buddy attending the school and it wasn't too clear have accepting they are of alt credit

I did not. I'm currently working with the NJ State Police to get them to update their ACE program so i can use those credits.

COSC told someone that they're only accepting up to three FEMA IS credits now, so you may want to ask if that's true.

Public Safety is not an easy degree to complete either through alternative sources of credit or transfer credits from other colleges. The courses are unique. Have you thought about criminal justice, emergency management, or homeland security?
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(04-01-2019, 10:24 AM)sanantone Wrote: COSC told someone that they're only accepting up to three FEMA IS credits now, so you may want to ask if that's true.

Public Safety is not an easy degree to complete either through alternative sources of credit or transfer credits from other colleges. The courses are unique. Have you thought about criminal justice, emergency management, or homeland security?

According to the website: https://www.charteroak.edu/prospective/a...cripts.php

They do accept more credits (9 credits) from FEMA IS if it is part your degree area of study and public safety counts. I agree though it isn't a major that can be done via all alternative means, you are going to have to take courses at COSC.
(04-01-2019, 10:58 AM)natshar Wrote:
(04-01-2019, 10:24 AM)sanantone Wrote: COSC told someone that they're only accepting up to three FEMA IS credits now, so you may want to ask if that's true.

According to the website: https://www.charteroak.edu/prospective/a...cripts.php

They do accept more credits (9 credits) from FEMA IS if it is part your degree area of study and public safety counts. I agree though it isn't a major that can be done via all alternative means, you are going to have to take courses at COSC.

And, the FEMA credits can only be used as free electives.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Thanks everybody! I think it may be more appropriate to go for this degree as a second BS. TESU and the BSBA will have to do for now.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC Credit Registry Won't Accept Credly siege101 16 3,026 02-24-2024, 11:26 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Should COSC Lose Stand Alone Category Here? SophiaPrincess 23 2,890 01-21-2024, 07:12 PM
  Business and Managment BA COSC alt credit option ice.paint 6 791 11-24-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: withrown
  COSC New GE Requirements Emmalina 20 2,429 08-30-2023, 02:17 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC DEI requirements SkMama 11 1,110 08-20-2023, 01:24 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC requiremnt for lab course and new Sophia Labs Kab 14 1,352 06-29-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Accepting few SDC credits scottlefoll 54 6,832 06-22-2023, 07:42 PM
  Do you have to write a lot of papers at COSC? MichaelD 10 2,273 08-06-2022, 11:17 AM
  COSC Drops Liberal Studies Concentration Tedium 6 1,926 03-15-2022, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  COSC President and Provost on Accountability in Higher Education SteveFoerster 9 1,675 02-28-2022, 08:33 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso