Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone here have a DBA? If so, where did you attend?
I think Northcentral University is now non-profit after being bought out be the National University System. Argosy and Grand Canyon also turned non-profit. Liberty, Johnson & Wales, and Franklin University have an online DBA. If you perform a Google search, there are quite a few traditional schools that offer online DBAs, but Johnson & Wales is the standout, imo.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(09-23-2018, 04:07 AM)sanantone Wrote: I think Northcentral University is now non-profit after being bought out be the National University System. Argosy and Grand Canyon also turned non-profit. Liberty, Johnson & Wales, and Franklin University have an online DBA. If you perform a Google search, there are quite a few traditional schools that offer online DBAs, but Johnson & Wales is the standout, imo.

My husband just finished his MBA with Johnson and Wales- no complaints!
Wink 
(09-23-2018, 04:07 AM)sanantone Wrote: I think Northcentral University is now non-profit after being bought out be the National University System. Argosy and Grand Canyon also turned non-profit. Liberty, Johnson & Wales, and Franklin University have an online DBA. If you perform a Google search, there are quite a few traditional schools that offer online DBAs, but Johnson & Wales is the standout, imo.

Hadn't been here in awhile. Glad to see you're still active and keeping people inline.   Big Grin
Don't miss out on something great just because it might also be difficult.

Road traveled: AA (2013) > BS (2014) > MS (2016) > Doctorate (2024)

If God hadn't been there for me, I never would have made it. Psalm 94:16-19
(09-23-2018, 10:56 AM)soliloquy Wrote:

Hadn't been here in awhile. Glad to see you're still active and keeping people inline.   Big Grin

I stop visiting forums for months at a time because I'm busy with volunteering and school. I can't offer much help with the Big 3 anymore because I haven't kept up.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar

We have a campus in Charlotte, so I'm somewhat familiar with J&W. Around these parts, they are known for their culinary program. What made them stand out to you aside from the very reasonably priced tuition.

We have a campus in Charlotte, so I'm somewhat familiar with J&W. Around these parts, they are known for their culinary program. What made them stand out to you aside from the very reasonably priced tuition.

(09-23-2018, 11:13 AM)soliloquy Wrote:

It's not a completely unknown school, it's traditional, and it doesn't have the stigma that comes with Liberty.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
[-] The following 1 user Likes sanantone's post:
  • jsd
(09-23-2018, 11:56 AM)sanantone Wrote:
(09-23-2018, 11:13 AM)soliloquy Wrote:

It's not a completely unknown school, it's traditional, and it doesn't have the stigma that comes with Liberty.

I am in Charlotte and I knew you were as well. My concern is that in my field, with people knowing J&W as a culinary school (even though the business school is in RI), there will be a stigma. Not a valid concern?

I'll defer to Jennifer since she's in the same area, and her husband earned a business degree from there.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
(09-23-2018, 09:44 AM)cookderosa Wrote:

My husband just finished his MBA with Johnson and Wales- no complaints!

Thanks Jennifer!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amazon Workers Can Now Attend These 180 Colleges for Free LevelUP 3 912 03-03-2022, 11:22 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Why would anyone attend a for-profit college? OldManOfTheSea 22 3,332 05-28-2020, 10:58 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Attend a military college for free as a civilian sanantone 3 765 02-18-2014, 01:21 PM
Last Post: a4tunatemom
  Why do people attend "for profit" universities? soliloquy 22 2,101 02-12-2014, 10:41 AM
Last Post: TMW2010
  If you had to choose a college to attend, which would it be? wuxbustah8 8 874 03-11-2013, 01:11 PM
Last Post: Yanji
  Any reason why I shouldn't attend AJU's for their MBA degree? norema 11 1,865 05-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Last Post: Bob