Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are WGU courses easier/faster than SL/SDC?
I found SL to be extremely tedious, and could not get through a course. It was torture. Even the "Open book" exam was difficult because the wording was so specific and you couldn't really look things up well even using a search. Impossible to get through (for me).

Sophia and Study.com are MUCH more user-friendly. I find them to be a better way to get through almost anything. That being said, I would make a degree plan and figure out where the alt-credit options were. Then, I'd see what's left to do at WGU - if it was less than 30cr, I'd add in the courses that I knew I could pass most quickly/easily. No sense taking a course somewhere if you can pass the exam at WGU the first shot and be done in a day or 2.

A degree plan is all about trade-offs, but I'd try to get as much done before enrolling, because I'd want to ensure completion in a single term if possible.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
@OP, do you have experience with a few of the alternative credit providers? Sophia, SL, Study.com, etc? Find a platform you're interested in using and suits you.  If you're not sure which to go for, find the partners.wgu.edu webpage with the transfer course guides, create a degree plan for yourself in a spreadsheet format and enter in what courses can be transferred.  

You can transfer up to 75%. Obviously the ones that can't be transferred need to be done at WGU, but some courses are only available at an alternative provider, you can decide on which provider has an affordable, easier, faster, or content/platform suits your learning.  You may want to review this link: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Se...eap_Credit
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU Sophia College of IT no courses anymore? jobojoe285 7 279 04-01-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Question regarding transfer credit courses jobojoe285 6 348 03-28-2024, 12:35 AM
Last Post: jobojoe285
  Where can you take courses from study.com that are not longer accepted for CS major? whiverem 11 1,394 06-13-2023, 09:40 PM
Last Post: whiverem
  WGU Remaining Courses Indy73 6 1,357 11-13-2022, 11:14 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  WGU - faster to just do it all there - or - Sophia/Study.com???? esh 19 14,379 08-02-2022, 07:22 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Getting courses not listed on partners.wgu approved/appealed--any success stories? raekwon 5 1,842 06-07-2022, 05:37 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information List of Courses That Transfer from Sophia.org to WGU BitWiseGuy 20 20,404 11-26-2021, 10:55 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Taking courses at WGU not part of my degree program? And credit by examination sciencemathematics1 19 7,586 08-26-2020, 06:59 AM
Last Post: sciencemathematics1
  WGU Business courses changed - not for the better dfrecore 13 3,760 06-28-2020, 05:43 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Is ten courses at WGU in one term going to make me crazy? udi 18 7,044 06-01-2019, 09:03 PM
Last Post: akr680