Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question regarding transfer credit courses
Hello, I am currently in the process of setting up some excel sheets with all courses that are eligible for credit transfers as well as all courses from Sophia, etc.

My question is most likely quite obvious, but I want to be 100% sure so I don't potentially waste time and money on the wrong course.

Looking at https://partners.wgu.edu/home, some partners seem to offer multiple courses options for 1 WGU course (example being the first course, the english class)6.

For "composition: successful self-expression", Sophia gives you 3 choices. From what I understand, I can do 1 of those 3 and I can transfer for 3 credits.

The https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/WG...egree_Plan wiki shows English Composition I/II or Workplace Writing II. From what I understand, to get the 3 credits I need to finish Sohpia English Composition 1 and English Composition 2 classes or Workplace Writing 2. In the partner page above, I think ENG1002 is English Composition 2 in the sophia website. Would I have to do composition 1 + 2 because there is a requirement (as in Sophia tells you that you cannot take Eng composition 2 before you finish Eng Composition 1)?

I guess I am mostly looking to understand (before I get the free trials / subscriptions) these 3rd party course sites requirements and if they make it obvious for what classes I need to get (or when I can enroll in them).

Does this make sense, or am I rambling ( a known problem for me )?
No, you only need to complete ONE of the English Comp courses.

You can check which course(s) WGU is referring to by checking the ACE National Guide. WGU uses the ACE course numbers from there.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-27-2024, 12:35 PM)rachel83az Wrote: No, you only need to complete ONE of the English Comp courses.

You can check which course(s) WGU is referring to by checking the ACE National Guide. WGU uses the ACE course numbers from there.

I am assuming that is true for everything unless it is explicitly said? I noticed plenty courses have a giant list of potential credit courses (from sophia, study.com, etc.).
Yup, exactly. A few of the gen eds have five or six Sophia courses that will work. No need to take all of those classes!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
That's correct, generally, one class from any provider will hit only one of the requirements, you usually don't re-use the class for anything else. That sometimes causes confusion as there are other classes showing as optional choices in addition of or instead of just one option. I generally get people to create spreadsheet, copy what's in the WIKI and link us so we can comment on any potential changes.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-27-2024, 01:30 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's correct, generally, one class from any provider will hit only one of the requirements, you usually don't re-use the class for anything else.  That sometimes causes confusion as there are other classes showing as optional choices in addition of or instead of just one option.  I generally get people to create spreadsheet, copy what's in the WIKI and link us so we can comment on any potential changes.

I am currently working on an excel document. I will upload it when it is done. Just a quick question, looking at English classes it seems like starting April 1, these 2 courses become much harder and longer (at least based on the topics) than compared to the same courses that run up to March 31?

I am looking at these: 

https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...65f38bf0e1

English Composition 2 seems to be the the same length until 2025: https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...65f38bf0e1

Am I understanding this ? They will change and at the very least make these classes longer and potentially harder? I could just get the free Sophia trial and work as much as I can to finish Workplace Writing 2 or Eng Composition 1 before April 1?

(03-27-2024, 06:48 PM)jobojoe285 Wrote:
(03-27-2024, 01:30 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's correct, generally, one class from any provider will hit only one of the requirements, you usually don't re-use the class for anything else.  That sometimes causes confusion as there are other classes showing as optional choices in addition of or instead of just one option.  I generally get people to create spreadsheet, copy what's in the WIKI and link us so we can comment on any potential changes.

I am currently working on an excel document. I will upload it when it is done. Just a quick question, looking at English classes it seems like starting April 1, these 2 courses become much harder and longer (at least based on the topics) than compared to the same courses that run up to March 31?

I am looking at these: 

English Composition 2 seems to be the the same length until 2025: https://www.acenet.edu/National-Guide/Pa...65f38bf0e1

Am I understanding this ? They will change and at the very least make these classes longer and potentially harder? I could just get the free Sophia trial and work as much as I can to finish Workplace Writing 2 or Eng Composition 1 before April 1?
I have some more time now and have been reading the descriptions. It seems pretty similar, maybe they are just changing the descriptions of the course?
Hello, here is my excel file. I noticed that there's a lot of java classes. I know this program has 2 tracks, java and C#. I would like to go C# route but I'm not sure if there are any courses and credit transfers for those. There were also mentions of something called "CIW" but I have no idea what that is.

Attached Files
.xlsx   WGU - software engineering bachelor plan.xlsx (Size: 10.48 KB / Downloads: 4)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU BS IT credit evaluation BSdegreequestion(: 2 178 04-15-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  WGU Sophia College of IT no courses anymore? jobojoe285 7 297 04-01-2024, 12:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  New transfer credit for Master degree - WGU Imbanewbie 16 2,336 01-20-2024, 04:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Expired CompTIA Certs for Transfer siersema 4 680 01-15-2024, 04:50 PM
Last Post: raekwon
  Computer Science 305: Operating Systems Transfer to WGU alesalsa10 4 772 10-19-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: alesalsa10
  How do I know what classes I have completed and can transfer? tazz 17 3,052 10-06-2023, 05:02 PM
Last Post: tazz
  Question about class line up for Software Engineering degree Omece 2 1,007 10-03-2023, 06:26 AM
Last Post: Omece
  How do transfer (sophia.org/ACE) credits look on a WGU transcript for grad school? dan087 4 1,073 09-25-2023, 05:01 AM
Last Post: dan087
  Career Question, Business Management or Cyber Security? Oneautumn7 22 1,744 08-06-2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Oneautumn7
  Where can you take courses from study.com that are not longer accepted for CS major? whiverem 11 1,412 06-13-2023, 09:40 PM
Last Post: whiverem