Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are study.com assignments necessary?
(02-22-2023, 10:30 PM)origamishuttle Wrote:
(02-22-2023, 09:23 PM)CHken92 Wrote: Just confirming nothing has changed with SDC and the ability to submit a paper stating "I am not submitting an essay." 

This worked for me with Computer Architecture as recently as October. I also included a bit more explanation that I understood I would receive a 0 for the assignment. However, in my case there was no response for almost two weeks, so I contacted customer service to ensure that someone was looking at it. I also explained the situation to them, and the final score came through the same day.

Thanks! I think this is the way I'll go. I appreciate the feedback.
I always just banged out a 30-45 minute paper and normally scored at least 35/50 or so in the classes that had 2 papers due. Literally just write your paper, get on Amazon and find a few books that more or less match your subject and use those as resources and then just cite some random sentences in your paper. Nobody is actually fact checking behind you.
I just completed English Comp 2 (Eng 105) with study.com and didn't hand in a formal second research paper either. My scores from the quizzes (97/100) + proposal (19/20) + paper 1 (35/40) + exam (88/100) were enough to put me past the 210 point minimum to obtain class credits so I didn't think it was worth the effort since I already was in the B grade range.

You *DO* need to submit something into the system saying that you are not submitting a paper so a high level explanation will do. I just notified them stating my cumulative grade thus far passed 210 and I was choosing not to submit a paper. It took about 5 days for them to send back my final score and close out the class in the system.

I'm glad I had checked here because when I initially emailed them to ask if I needed to submit all 3 papers they "advised you do so" and that you not take the final till after all the papers are submitted which to me makes no difference.
[-] The following 4 users Like oh.golly.molly's post:
  • jch, origamishuttle, Pach, warriortaupou
When I choose not to do an assignment on SDC, I upload a PDF with the text "I am not submitting an assignment. I understand that I will receive a score of zero for this item." They always process it in 1-7 days without issue.
My quiz and exam scores on SDC are usually good enough that I only have to do one assignment per course. I pick the most straightforward one and skip the rest.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 2 users Like jch's post:
  • ktll, warriortaupou
(08-25-2022, 09:31 AM)rachel83az Wrote: As long as you get enough points, you don't have to complete every assignment. Some schools (COSC, UMass Global, etc.) do care about the actual grade. If you're attending one of these schools or you want to go to a graduate school with this policy, you may want to do all assignments.

Do we know what SDC grade/percentage is acceptable at graduate schools?
(09-03-2023, 12:10 PM)evenFair23 Wrote: Do we know what SDC grade/percentage is acceptable at graduate schools?

It's different for each school. UMass Global wants 81.5% for undergrad. I think Charter Oak is similar, but not 81.5%. You have to contact the school(s) you're interested in to find out. A lot of graduate programs don't care at all and count them simply as pass/fail in the same way that TESU, SNHU, UMPI, and Excelsior do.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(09-03-2023, 12:16 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(09-03-2023, 12:10 PM)evenFair23 Wrote: Do we know what SDC grade/percentage is acceptable at graduate schools?

It's different for each school. UMass Global wants 81.5% for undergrad. I think Charter Oak is similar, but not 81.5%. You have to contact the school(s) you're interested in to find out. A lot of graduate programs don't care at all and count them simply as pass/fail in the same way that TESU, SNHU, UMPI, and Excelsior do.
Thank you for a detailed answer. I was concerned because I wanted to do GT OMSCS. And I want to get there as quickly I can. So, I think aiming 70-80 for SDC UL courses while attending TESU is not a bad idea.
I read in this thread that it is possible to submit blank papers for assignments.
Charter Oak requires an 80+ for ACE credit transfers, otherwise they won't transfer them in... For the majority of graduate programs that are not competitive to the semi competitive ones, you don't really need to have anything higher than the minimum (obviously you want to shoot for higher, but a pass is a pass). These institutions just want to make sure you have taken the courses or equivalent transfers and that's it, make sure to have all the prerequisites completed for the 'more' competitive programs...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 462,845 5 hours ago
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 523 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 307 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 942 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,767 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 66 38,888 02-01-2024, 03:56 PM
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 533 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 263 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 666 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM
  Study scholarships Carnation 2 340 12-31-2023, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Carnation