Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arguing Eval
(02-14-2022, 07:50 PM)jsd Wrote:
(02-13-2022, 03:21 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: Haven't been on here for a while - I argued my eval for a couple of courses.  Had to send in the course outline from my college.

I believe one did get accepted, but by the time it did, I had already finished the equivalent course online.

On this note, does anyone know the general timeframe to hear back on an appeal? I submitted a couple for my latest eval.
I've just recently been appealing a number of courses.  The turn-around was reasonable, the longest wait was one week, the shortest was 5 days.  Thankfully, each of my appeals came through on my side, although I had to really disagree on one and send it back for another judgment.  Finally got the answer I was hoping for!  I took some advice I had read here to be persistent.  Good luck on yours.
[-] The following 1 user Likes k-k-k-katy's post:
  • jsd
Appreciate the insight, good luck at TESU!
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • k-k-k-katy
Upon the advice of my advisor, I appealed several courses. The advisor believe that the appeals would be successful and that all three courses would be added as psychology courses meeting the liberal studies requirements. (All three were primarily listed by the community college as Human Services courses, cross-listed as psychology courses.)

The advisor was correct; all three were accepted for psychology credit, and I believe one of them went through as upper level. (Though this turned out to be an error, I nonetheless graduated with it.)

All the appeals took less than a week.
(02-13-2022, 05:19 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yup, if it's an UL course and hard to find alternative credit options for that course, then yeah, I would try to appeal...  However, if it's cheaper, easier, faster just to do another ACE/NCCRS course for credit, then I would spend the time getting it completed instead of "waiting" for the appeal.

Many of the courses we are having problems with are upper level environmental/geosci courses. TESU has managed to make almost none of them fit the AOS for environmental studies by assigning ridiculous equivalencies that have very little relation to the original course.

For example, one class he took was about the sociology of the environment (required in the AOS). They said that it was human geography, thus duplicated his existing human geography credit (the prerequisite for the sociology of the environment course...). In another case they took a 400 level politics of water resources and the aquatic environment (a politics-environment course is needed in the AOS), downgraded the level, and said it was "limnology" (water science) and so doesn't fit in the AOS at all.

My own evaluation at TESU I would add could not have been smoother. They have done this with so many of his courses and I am sat here like Huh
(02-15-2022, 04:53 AM)sarahmac Wrote:
(02-13-2022, 05:19 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yup, if it's an UL course and hard to find alternative credit options for that course, then yeah, I would try to appeal...  However, if it's cheaper, easier, faster just to do another ACE/NCCRS course for credit, then I would spend the time getting it completed instead of "waiting" for the appeal.

Many of the courses we are having problems with are upper level environmental/geosci courses. TESU has managed to make almost none of them fit the AOS for environmental studies by assigning ridiculous equivalencies that have very little relation to the original course.

For example, one class he took was about the sociology of the environment (required in the AOS). They said that it was human geography, thus duplicated his existing human geography credit (the prerequisite for the sociology of the environment course...). In another case they took a 400 level politics of water resources and the aquatic environment (a politics-environment course is needed in the AOS), downgraded the level, and said it was "limnology" (water science) and so doesn't fit in the AOS at all.

My own evaluation at TESU I would add could not have been smoother. They have done this with so many of his courses and I am sat here like Huh

I definitely think they'll have more trouble with odd courses that they don't usually deal with.  That being said, I would push back, sending the syllabus for each course, and ask for an appeal of the appeal. LOL.  I'd ask if the dean of the department can take a look.  Oh, and I'd send the catalog from the previous school to show how the courses fit into the degree he was going for.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • k-k-k-katy

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plan eval and new user help faptaincrunch 15 1,310 12-11-2022, 11:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Strategy Eval: Load up flat fee, then withdraw for no additional cost. StudentOLife 20 2,289 12-04-2022, 10:49 PM
Last Post: StudentOLife
  HELP with TESU BSBA- Finance degree eval chessca 7 989 01-05-2022, 01:36 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Best way to get new academic eval Mian 5 908 08-24-2021, 03:50 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  help with eval darkmatter 5 777 08-19-2021, 11:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Academic Eval (Random) wxcooper 3 880 01-08-2021, 01:36 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Finally Done & Show Complete on Eval sofinel 4 934 05-06-2020, 10:05 AM
Last Post: darthweezy
  Audit Confirmation After Final Eval darthweezy 0 674 04-08-2020, 03:57 PM
Last Post: darthweezy
  Just got my eval back from TESU. What now? zebra cow 27 4,004 12-27-2019, 09:39 PM
Last Post: zebra cow
  TESU Transfer Eval provided, COURSE TRANSLATOR NEEDED! nickyberit 5 1,466 08-17-2019, 07:06 AM
Last Post: allvia