Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Art of the Western World - IC Cards?
I'm beginning my study of Art of the Western World and I need advice. There is not a lot of feedback for this exam and there are no IC cards. I've been through the feedback and made my customary study sheet but I was wondering if the Humanities Art sections would be worth additional study time.

Anyone out there with insight?

Passed:

American Gov, US History 1, US History 2, Computing, Info Systems, Humanities, Sociology, Art, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, Social Sciences and History, Civil War, Business, Vietnam, A&I Lit, Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice, American Lit, English Lit, Astronomy, Supervision, 1 FEMA, Total -79
I am also going to take this class. I have not found any info as to how to study for it. Is this class the same as humanities? Anyone who has taken this class, please help us...
Are you familiar with the Annenberg Foundations' video series? They have one for Art of the Western World, as well as others which correspond with many of the CLEP and Dantes exams. They're free to watch online. The Art of the Western World video sequence consists of nine videos each lasting one hour long. It looks like it should cover a great deal of what you'll find on the test.

Resource: Art of the Western World

The downside, of course, is that the Annenberg videos are primarily from the1980's and early 1990's, so the video quality isn't up to contemporary standards. Also, they're educational videos, so they can be rather dull at times.

Anyway, I just thought I'd throw that suggestion out, in case it helps. Personally, I rather like the Annenberg videos. Although I'm not planning to take Art of the Western World, I've watched some of the other videos and been glad I did.

[Oh, I almost forgot--if you have any trouble accessing the above link, go to Learner.org and create a free account.]
Thanks for the suggestion. I am planning on using the Annenberg videos and some of the other suggestions from the feedback. No one who took the exam mentioned using IC Art cards. I'm still wondering...

And to the other poster, no, CLEP Humanities is much more broad, including music, lit, dance, philosophy and more. Art of the Western World covers just Art and Architecture.

Passed:

American Gov, US History 1, US History 2, Computing, Info Systems, Humanities, Sociology, Art, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, Social Sciences and History, Civil War, Business, Vietnam, A&I Lit, Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice, American Lit, English Lit, Astronomy, Supervision, 1 FEMA, Total -79
We were given the Teaching Company's lectures as a gift so we began today working thru 48 (eek!) 30 minute lectures. I'll review them later but so far so good.

I'm still wondering if we should spend time on IC. :confused:

Passed:

I have seen the web site and could never get more than a preview of a video
How does one watch a full video
oldguy5 Wrote:I have seen the web site and could never get more than a preview of a video
How does one watch a full video

Welcome to the forum!

I have not watched this series, but I have watched 3 others.

I just checked it and it seems to be working.

Scroll down to the "Indiviual Program Descriptions". Then click the "VoD" button on the right side of the program you want to see.

You will need to sign in using a free account.

(When I get a few minutes into the program, I hit pause and let it load for a few minutes, so it is not always buffering.)

Hope this helps and best wishes on your exam!
AS in 2010 and BS in 2013 at Excelsior College - Transcripts and Costs
MS Biostatistics in 2019 at Texas A&M University - Graduate School

Sharing Credit-by-Exam*
Resources Used - 20+ Exams Passed & General GRE
Practice Tests - Available for CLEP and DSST

* Link posted with permission from forum admin; thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cured! World First! bjcheung77 0 228 02-14-2024, 01:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Western Oregon University Adopts New Grading System LevelUP 13 934 02-01-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  The most widely spoken languages in the world bjcheung77 10 709 12-08-2023, 06:17 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Study.com for World History TECEP bannerfield 4 1,115 09-27-2023, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Slowest student in the world... bjcheung77 1 452 05-22-2023, 06:24 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 6,476 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  Why Divergent Thinkers Beat Geniuses in the Real World LevelUP 1 419 01-20-2023, 11:50 AM
Last Post: TwinMom
  Khan World School - College Prep partnership with ASU bjcheung77 0 561 10-15-2022, 07:17 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The Biggest University In The World Alpha 11 1,207 07-25-2022, 09:33 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  World's Best University Alpha 0 541 11-26-2021, 03:01 PM
Last Post: Alpha