Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Associates Degree Conferral Question
I'm currently thinking about applying for TESU's march graduation date with an AA degree and certificates in Operations Management and General management. I'm enrolled in the November semester taking 16 hours to complete the residency requirement. If I confer the Associate's degree will I lose my current catalogs for my other programs? My other programs are (BA -History, Computer Science)(BS-Org Leadership).
I think you'll have to update to the new catalog, yes. But if you're not on the no-capstone catalog, the most recent catalog update should actually be better.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Interesting, you might want to list your credits for your degrees so we can see if you have the required 30 RA and 16 residency credits at TESU. I also would get you to "rethink" the BS Organizational Leadership as the BSOL is not as alternative credit friendly as the BSBA Organizational Management/HRM option, furthermore, BSBA has ACBSP programmatic/secondary accreditation, the BSOL doesn't. I would rather save the energy, money, time on a MSML at WGU instead of a BSOL...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I don't think you can get a BSOL via alt-credit - you can only get 2 courses in the III. Advanced Leadership area:

III. Advanced Leadership: Areas of Specialization (24 Credits)
A. Required Courses (Select four from the following - 12 Credits)
MAN-415 Change Management 3
MAN-435 Project Management 3
MAN-425 Advanced Organizational Management 3
MAN-210 Principles of Management 3
LDR-422 Leadership in a Global Environment 3
LDR-419 Nonprofit Leadership 3
LDR-324 Leaders in History 3

Unless you plan on taking 2 of those courses in your 16cr term in the fall, you will spend way too much on this degree.

You CAN get an Undergrad Certificate in Organizational Leadership.  And of course, the BSBA/HR-OM degree is alt-credit friendly as well.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks for the responses. This forum has been my number one source for planning my degree through this process and I would like to thank Rachel83az, bjcheung77, and dfrecore for being such valuable resources. I'm planning on completing my 30 residential hours at TESU and this is my planned schedule. I will use these 30 hours as my base and fill the remaining hours via Ace. I'm often wary of posting details in fear of TESU reclassifying all my transfer electives before I can get them evaluated. I appreciate TESU's evaluation system and the ability to be able to truly plan my own program at my own pace. I originally signed up with Excelsior but after talking to an advisor I realized how restrictive they were and that I couldn't test out on my own schedule starting as a freshman and I withdrew the same day. So if you are a TESU registrar scrolling the thread please don't reclassify my courses for at least a year or two!! I also wanted to also get community opinions on undergraduate certificates. I chose TESU over others because of the value of being able to add certs and get the most bang for my buck. Are certificates worth the value? I'm asking because I was I could add a certificate in Human Resources Management with the addition of 1 TESU course (Advanced Organizational Management). I'm using financial aid and I'm trying to keep debt as low as possible. They don't offer the course during my final semester in March and I'm not sure if I want to pay an extra 1500 for the course.

30 Residential Hours

English Comp II- Tecep (October) 3
Jane Austin (Online)-(October) 1
Cornerstone- (Online)-(November) 3
Change Management-(Online)-(November) 3
Leaders in History- (Online)-(November) 3
Principles of Management- (Epack)-(November) 3
Organizational Behavior-(Epack)-(November) 3
Associate Capstone-(Online)-(March) 3
Leadership Practicum-(Online)-(March) 3
Capstone- (Online)-(March) 3
Network Technology- (Tecep)-(March) 3

Completed Courses SDC

Bus 302 Foundations of Leadership
Hst 311 The Holocaust & WWII
Hst 306 The American Civil War Era
Hst 301 Historiography & Historical Methods
Hst 308: Causes and Effects of the Civil War
Bus 311: Project Management
Hst 102: Western Civilization II
Hst 106: The Civil War and Reconstruction
Hst 101: Western Civilation I
PS 103: Comparative Politics
Hst 108: History of the Vietnam War
PS 102: American Government (Came in as Elective)
Sc 101: Intro to Sociology
Eng 104: College Comp I (Came in as Elective)
Com 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace
Enc 101: English Literature

Completed Sophia Courses

Art History II
Approaches to Studying Religions
Intro to Ethics
Developing Effective Teams
The Essentials of Managing Conflict
Intro to Psychology
US History I
College Algebra
Foundations of College Algebra
Art History I
Visual Communications
Ancient Greek Philosophers
US History II
Human Biology
Environmental Science
Intro to Business
English Comp I
Communication at Work
Intro to Statistics
Macroeconomics
Intro to IT

Pending DSST Exam

History of Russia

Pending SDC Courses

Leading Organizational Change
Leadership Communication
Organizational Theory
Managerial Communications
Operations Management
Supply Chain Management
MIS
Negotiations and Conflict Management
Industrial Psy
Intro to Programming
Data Structures
Operating Systems
Computer Architecture
Sy Anal and Design
Database Management
C Programming
Sofware Engineering
Intro to Criminal Justice
Criminal Law
Criminology
Victimology
Forensic Science
Juvenile Justice

Pending Straighterline Courses

Calculus I
Discreet Mathematics
I would keep things simple and confer all the degrees at once.

TESU certifications aren't worth much once you have a Bachelor's Degree.

Check out my guide for the SOS-110 course (cornerstone)
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Experience

With the TESU courses, I would make a spreadsheet or notes on notepad with all your deadlines for forum posts/papers/exams, etc.  TESU allows you to see the entire course upfront, so you can work ahead though I wouldn't suggest turning in papers too far in advance as some professors may not like that.

You got a lot on your plate, that's for sure!
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Just an FYI, Change Management is a required course for the HRM Cert, and that's not available through Study.com - it must be brought in from somewhere, or else taken at TESU.

Not sure why you're going to take a full 30cr at TESU, that's going to be expensive and take quite a while. I would probably do the 16cr term that we discuss here, and then do a bunch of other credit via ACE/NCCRS. If you still need 14cr of RA after that term, I'd do it via ONU, UExcel exams, and/or TECEP exams.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Hmm... The AA doesn't have a capstone. Did they update the requirements now? I think you're referring to an AAS as most of those have a capstone, from looking at your credits, it seems you're good for an ASNSM Math if you add the CSM Learn course and if you're missing anything else, take it at Study.com as StraighterLine doesn't have Discrete Math, you'll take that at Study.com instead anyways...

My suggestion is to take the AAS/ASNSM or whatever associates you want and the certificates you want, then graduate so you have something under your belt. If you really wanted to save the "graduation fee" for later, you can, as that is $298 and can be used for say the ENEB double masters! haha... you can add the associates into your degree plans and "forget it" until you are done with your two Bachelors.

You should create a spreadsheet with both degree plans showing (similar to my BALS & BSBA combo from Jan 2021). Again, I would take the BSBA over the BSOL for multiple reasons. Since you're taking 16 credits for Residency and another 15 credits for RA at TESU, it's pretty much set for a double Associates, Bachelors, and certs, you just need to pick the right courses that goes into those degrees.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
First, I'm confused about what AA you're getting - you have an AA capstone listed, but I don't think you need that.

Second, I can't figure out why you're taking all the CJ courses? Unless that's the AAS you're getting?

Third, I can't figure out why you're getting all of these degrees? Like, why get a BSOL and a Cert in General Management? That doesn't make a ton of sense.

I guess I can't see why anyone would want all of these degrees? Is it just degree collecting? Or are you actually planning on doing something with these disparate degrees at some point?
(11-02-2021, 11:53 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Just an FYI, Change Management is a required course for the HRM Cert, and that's not available through Study.com - it must be brought in from somewhere, or else taken at TESU.

Not sure why you're going to take a full 30cr at TESU, that's going to be expensive and take quite a while.  I would probably do the 16cr term that we discuss here, and then do a bunch of other credit via ACE/NCCRS.  If you still need 14cr of RA after that term, I'd do it via ONU, UExcel exams, and/or TECEP exams.

Thanks for the response. I'm currently taking Change Management this Semester and taking a full 16 hours to take care of the residency requirement. I've got to take 3 capstone courses as my final three courses. I ideally would not want to take them in the same semester but they will be the last 3 that I will be able to use financial aid on.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 461 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 433 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 449 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 27 2,194 04-03-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 357 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Quick question about MAN-3760 & MAN-3730 jg_nuy 7 528 03-20-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 352 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 324 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 288 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 649 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger