Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BA in English
Just apply BA in English and gt start at TESU~

I already have 3 degrees but all international, a BA in biz, a BS in cs and MBA. I am waiting to see how many credits I can transfer from these~

Attached Files
.png   Screenshot 2023-01-19 222104.png (Size: 11.95 KB / Downloads: 26)
That's awesome! You can get up to 113 credits transferred into TESU's BA English degree. However, having said that, judging from the degrees you've entered, the AOS is your only missing component. You can follow the WIKI template here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan

I would suggest you get a spreadsheet completed once you get the evaluation back, you can post the link here to the file on your one drive or google drive as a reply, make sure to remove any personal details, you can also link us to the evaluation too, again without the personal details.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-19-2023, 09:14 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's awesome! You can get up to 113 credits transferred into TESU's BA English degree.  However, having said that, judging from the degrees you've entered, the AOS is your only missing component.  You can follow the WIKI template here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan

I would suggest you get a spreadsheet completed once you get the evaluation back, you can post the link here to the file on your one drive or google drive as a reply, make sure to remove any personal details, you can also link us to the evaluation too, again without the personal details.

Thank you for the suggestion! 
It seems that I can start with the courses on study.com and a spreadsheet is definitely a good tool to record the studying process.
If you already have degrees, and TESU counts them (I'm guessing they will), then your Cornerstone, Gen Ed, and Free Electives are all waived. So, that just leaves you with the major/AoS. You can transfer any credits that count towards the English degree, but my guess is you probably don't have much.

If you post anything that you do have, we may be able to help you figure out if they'll work in the AoS. Anything that's English (except English Composition I & II), Literature, Journalism, Writing, etc. will work. I'm guessing that even if it's literature in a foreign language, that it may count.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-23-2023, 07:28 PM)dfrecore Wrote: If you already have degrees, and TESU counts them (I'm guessing they will), then your Cornerstone, Gen Ed, and Free Electives are all waived.  So, that just leaves you with the major/AoS.  You can transfer any credits that count towards the English degree, but my guess is you probably don't have much.

If you post anything that you do have, we may be able to help you figure out if they'll work in the AoS.  Anything that's English (except English Composition I & II), Literature, Journalism, Writing, etc. will work. I'm guessing that even if it's literature in a foreign language, that it may count.

Thank you.
The university does not have a code for each course, like BUS101, so I simply list the course name of my bachelor's degree in business that may be related to the BA in English program as follows:

College English 
Cultivation of Ethics and Fundamentals of Law
Ancient Greek and Roman History
Introduction to Contemporary Art
English Speaking
College English Interpretation
Latin Literature History
Humanities and Social Sciences Information Search
Fundamentals of Latin
@dfrecore Just a quick question. If you already have a degree and as you say they waive everything but AOS does it not then matter what courses you have done for your previous degree?
International: UK
Future degree:
MSc Criminology & Criminal Psychology - Essex University
MBA - ENEB

Degrees in process:
BS Health Science 2024 - The University of the People
BSc Open (Health focus) 2023 - The Open University

Degrees completed:

BN Adult Nursing 2020 - Portsmouth University
Credits: Sophia (81)

(02-03-2023, 02:14 PM)debrag Wrote: @dfrecore Just a quick question. If you already have a degree and as you say they waive everything but AOS does it not then matter what courses you have done for your previous degree?

I'm now doing the WES for equivalence evaluation and credits transfer. I also have the same question as yours and will update the results when done.
(02-03-2023, 02:14 PM)debrag Wrote: @dfrecore Just a quick question. If you already have a degree and as you say they waive everything but AOS does it not then matter what courses you have done for your previous degree?

No, it doesn't.  You could have your degree in anything, as long as TESU counts it as equivalent to a bachelor's degree.  Which means, they will waive your Gen Ed, your cornerstone, and your Free Electives.  And then, they will look at each individual course you've taken and see if it comes into your major (AoS).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
HI everyone 

I'm back and finally my evaluation results have been released.
As mentioned, General Educations and Electives are waived so all I need is to finish English AOS of 42 credits.
And luckily TESU recognized some of my previously earned credits as additional AOS Electives of 12 credits so what left is 29-credit AOS and a 3-credit projection.

Attached you may see the evaluation sheets.

So it seems that according to the sample degree plan wiki, I am to start the study.com courses and then the BYU Independent Study program. Is that correct or any suggestions?

Attached Files
.xlsx   Degree Plan_BA in English.xlsx (Size: 129.3 KB / Downloads: 19)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible Degree Plan - BA English aperantosbias 10 693 09-16-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Tesu English 102 credit Sb2013 12 1,333 03-05-2023, 12:05 PM
  English Comp II requirement? Insert Name 5 730 07-15-2022, 04:47 PM
  English Composition ENC 102 - alternative onlinelearner99 35 4,207 06-23-2021, 01:40 PM
Last Post: gams007
  TESU English Comp I and II Msybrown 5 1,815 08-17-2020, 05:44 PM
Last Post: cgreen275
  BA in English TESU Credit by Exam Process cifwt3377 26 5,235 06-18-2020, 11:57 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  BA English at TESU hlg38 11 1,987 05-28-2020, 10:42 AM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  English Composition I & II TECEP or Sophia.org Msybrown 11 2,558 04-07-2020, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Not_a_robot_101
  UL courses for TESU BA in English? pws 4 1,505 12-04-2019, 03:08 AM
Last Post: Ideas
  Coopersmith's Foundations of Education (EDU-501) as UL for TESU BA of English? pws 11 2,461 08-29-2019, 01:34 PM
Last Post: dfrecore