Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BABA PM(MIS minor) Degree Plan (Sincerely need ur suggestions)
FrostXie Wrote:Thank you very much for your detailed reply, but I still have some confusion about no.5. I thought it was possible to list MIS together on the transcript because of the "Special Note About The Project Management Degree" written on the forum wiki. However, when you mentioned "cannot complete the MIS MINOR" and "All completed minors are listed on transcripts"  in your reply just now, I am a little confused about whether it is possible to list both PM and MIS on the transcript Sad . I would follow your advice to go through the application process first. Really appreciate your attention and advice anyway.

Easy, you're trying to put MIS into a PM/IS degree. You can't duplicate the work as the entire MIS is already included in the PM/IS degree. The BABA PM is actually a Bachelors Arts Business Administration with a concentration in Project Management and Information Systems, thus all the MIS courses are already in the degree. It's just displayed "short form" for easier review on the website. Easy right!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • FrostXie
(07-04-2022, 12:04 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
FrostXie Wrote:Thank you very much for your detailed reply, but I still have some confusion about no.5. I thought it was possible to list MIS together on the transcript because of the "Special Note About The Project Management Degree" written on the forum wiki. However, when you mentioned "cannot complete the MIS MINOR" and "All completed minors are listed on transcripts"  in your reply just now, I am a little confused about whether it is possible to list both PM and MIS on the transcript Sad . I would follow your advice to go through the application process first. Really appreciate your attention and advice anyway.

Easy, you're trying to put MIS into a PM/IS degree.  You can't duplicate the work as the entire MIS is already included in the PM/IS degree.  The BABA PM is actually a Bachelors Arts Business Administration with a concentration in Project Management and Information Systems, thus all the MIS courses are already in the degree.  It's just displayed "short form" for easier review on the website.  Easy right!

Wow, so all I actually need to do is ask UMPI to not abbreviate the degree on the transcript when I graduate? In this way, I can see both PM and IS in the major of my transcript. Thank you very much for your reply cuz MIS is kinda necessary and important to me Heart
(07-05-2022, 10:26 AM)FrostXie Wrote: Wow, so all I actually need to do is ask UMPI to not abbreviate the degree on the transcript when I graduate? In this way, I can see both PM and IS in the major of my transcript. Thank you very much for your reply cuz MIS is kinda necessary and important to me Heart

No, you can't ask UMPI to alternate the name of the degree. Your transcript will show the full name of the degree. It will say:

Degree: Bachelor of Arts 
Plan: Business Administration Major
Sub-Plan: Project Management and Information Systems Concentration

That's what your transcripts will say. Your diploma will say:

Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
[-] The following 2 users Like ss20ts's post:
  • FrostXie, Pikachu
(07-05-2022, 10:57 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-05-2022, 10:26 AM)FrostXie Wrote: Wow, so all I actually need to do is ask UMPI to not abbreviate the degree on the transcript when I graduate? In this way, I can see both PM and IS in the major of my transcript. Thank you very much for your reply cuz MIS is kinda necessary and important to me Heart

No, you can't ask UMPI to alternate the name of the degree. Your transcript will show the full name of the degree. It will say:

Degree: Bachelor of Arts 
Plan: Business Administration Major
Sub-Plan: Project Management and Information Systems Concentration

That's what your transcripts will say. Your diploma will say:

Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
Thanks a lot, I got what you mean Idea ,  this is exactly the transcript I want, I just wanted to make sure MIS will be on the transcript.
I did update the UMPI Project Management degree plan to better clarify what's on the transcript. Thanks to ss20ts for the clarification.

Note there were some major changes recently with Instantcert so that changes things up a bit for recommended courses.

Updated UMPI BABA Project Management Degree Plan

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • FrostXie, Pikachu
(07-04-2022, 11:21 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: FrostXie, your plan is somewhat all over the place.  Have you decided on or even looked at a few Masters programs?  What Masters or end goal is it specifically, a Business or Computer Science, IT?  You should provide more details, as the info above gives us a brief view of your current plan.  How young are you?  How many years of experience do you have in your field?  Do you have more details for us besides what has been provided as you skipped a couple details on the template?

By answering and providing more details, we can tell you UMPI or Competency Based Degree options are for you or not... At this juncture in time, it may be better if your evaluation has been verified as a Bachelors in Comp Sci, equivalent to a US regionally accredited university, you go for a Masters program instead of another Bachelors.  At the end of the day, a Masters should trump a Bachelors in the same field any day of the week... Good luck on whichever way you decide.

I'm so sorry I missed this post yesterday Confused ,   here's some more info about me. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness.
What master or end goal is it specifically: Computer Science
How young are you: 26
How many years of experience do you have in your field: 3 yoe as SWE in a company that ranks within the top 3 worldwide in its industry
more details: GRE 326; An academic paper(SCI)
end goal: Using UMPI's undergraduate degree to help me apply to better master's programs and finally find a better SWE job 
I don't have time to prepare for TOEFL for now. I heard that in general, the US undergraduate program can be used to waive the TOEFL requirement, so I also hope that it can be used to waive the TOEFL requirement of the master's program. This is another purpose. That's why I don't choose a master's degree directly but go for a bachelor's degree.

(07-05-2022, 12:50 PM)LevelUP Wrote: I did update the UMPI Project Management degree plan to better clarify what's on the transcript. Thanks to ss20ts for the clarification.

Note there were some major changes recently with Instantcert so that changes things up a bit for recommended courses.

Updated UMPI BABA Project Management Degree Plan

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan

Thanks for the reminder, I'll keep an eye out for changes to Instantcert.
FrostXie Wrote:I'm so sorry I missed this post yesterday Confused ,   here's some more info about me. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness.
How many years of experience do you have in your field: 3 yoe as SWE in a company that ranks within the top 3 worldwide in its industry
end goal: Using UMPI's undergraduate degree to help me apply to better master's programs and finally find a better SWE job 
I don't have time to prepare for TOEFL for now. I heard that in general, the US undergraduate program can be used to waive the TOEFL requirement, so I also hope that it can be used to waive the TOEFL requirement of the master's program. This is another purpose. That's why I don't choose a master's degree directly but go for a bachelor's degree.

It's cool, no worries. When you got your academic evaluation, did it come out with a Bachelors in Computer Science equivalent to a Regionally Accredited US Bachelors degree? If so, I still don't really know why you would continue on your current path... I can see if you want a Business Administration degree with a concentration in PM/IS, but if you're going for a Masters in Computer Science, it really won't help with entry. I would only go this route if you're trying to bolster your GPA on the last X number of credits... otherwise, if you have an above average or suitable GPA already, it's a waste of energy, money, time. But you do your way, it should work just as you wanted it... I understand your needs and wants, continue on with your methods, good luck!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 3 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • carrythenothing, FrostXie, ss20ts
(07-05-2022, 02:30 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
FrostXie Wrote:I'm so sorry I missed this post yesterday Confused ,   here's some more info about me. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness.

It's cool, no worries.  When you got your academic evaluation, did it come out with a Bachelors in Computer Science equivalent to a Regionally Accredited US Bachelors degree?  If so, I still don't really know why you would continue on your current path... I can see if you want a Business Administration degree with a concentration in PM/IS, but if you're going for a Masters in Computer Science, it really won't help with entry.  I would only go this route if you're trying to bolster your GPA on the last X number of credits... otherwise, if you have an above average or suitable GPA already, it's a waste of energy, money, time.  But you do your way, it should work just as you wanted it... I understand your needs and wants, continue on with your methods, good luck!
"bolster your GPA on the last X number of credits"- I had a GPA greater than 3.5 in my last two years of college, but my overall GPA was terrible(<3). Thanks a million for your attention
and suggestions. Heart Heart
(07-06-2022, 12:10 AM)FrostXie Wrote:
(07-05-2022, 02:30 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Quote:FrostXieI'm so sorry I missed this post yesterday Confused ,   here's some more info about me. Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness.

It's cool, no worries.  When you got your academic evaluation, did it come out with a Bachelors in Computer Science equivalent to a Regionally Accredited US Bachelors degree?  If so, I still don't really know why you would continue on your current path... I can see if you want a Business Administration degree with a concentration in PM/IS, but if you're going for a Masters in Computer Science, it really won't help with entry.  I would only go this route if you're trying to bolster your GPA on the last X number of credits... otherwise, if you have an above average or suitable GPA already, it's a waste of energy, money, time.  But you do your way, it should work just as you wanted it... I understand your needs and wants, continue on with your methods, good luck!
"bolster your GPA on the last X number of credits"- I had a GPA greater than 3.5 in my last two years of college, but my overall GPA was terrible(<3). Thanks a million for your attention
and suggestions. Heart Heart
i from china too.can i join your friend in wechat?my wechat number is naifenall.thanks
i

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BLS Degree Options Question dm.hans32 3 170 Yesterday, 10:17 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is a Criminal Justice Minor Possible? Marlin9276 3 168 04-13-2024, 09:13 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BLS Management Minor Degree Plan mohelena02 4 388 04-12-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: mohelena02
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 280 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Yourpace psychology degree PSY 496: Practicum Schlafen 12 1,554 04-02-2024, 08:48 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  BLS with a minor in Information Systems or BBA PM & IS ZO10 23 990 03-28-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  Am I on the right path for any BLS degree rme1987 11 514 03-27-2024, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Educational Studies Minor Adrian245 11 1,715 03-26-2024, 11:58 PM
  Transfer and see what transfers, BEFORE starting the degree? ecdw94 8 503 03-24-2024, 01:27 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  UMPI BLS Minor Business theea 5 368 03-20-2024, 02:41 PM