Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BLS Management to Masters in HR Management
Question. Has anyone ever did a BLS Minor Management at UMPI and then did a masters of HR Management at EC? Just curious if that's a thing.
Pierpont Community and Technical College - BOG A.A.S. Spring 2022 
University of Maine at Presque Isle - BLS with a Concentration in Management (In Progress)
Course Breakdown: Local Technical College: 21 Credits, Sophia Learning: 73 CreditsStudy.com: In Progress, UMPI: In Progress
I want to say thank you to EVERYONE for their assistance. You all are awesome!
Even if it hasn’t been done before, there’s no reason you can’t. Why wouldn’t it be “a thing”?
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
(05-20-2022, 09:48 AM)Vle045 Wrote: Even if it hasn’t been done before, there’s no reason you can’t.  Why wouldn’t it be “a thing”?
Ayyyy! Right on!
University of Maine at Presque Isle - BLS with a Concentration in Management (In Progress)
Course Breakdown: Local Technical College: 21 Credits, Sophia Learning: 73 CreditsStudy.com: In Progress, UMPI: In Progress
You have a bachelor's degree thus you'd be accepted into the program at Excelsior if you met the GPA requirements. Many schools don't require specific undergrad degrees to get into business master's programs.
learningthehardway Wrote:Question. Has anyone ever did a BLS Minor Management at UMPI and then did a masters of HR Management at EC? Just curious if that's a thing.

What's your end goal?  Why Excelsior?  Is the Excelsior program interesting to you because there is an emphasis in Diversity and Technology?  It's got a long name to their degree!  Master of Science in Human Resource Management with an Emphasis in Diversity and Technology, the tuition isn't all that cheap either, I would go for something different, not because of the cost alone, but the time it will take to complete, in addition to that - no programmatic/secondary accreditation.  Link: https://www.excelsior.edu/program/master...echnology/
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-20-2022, 07:40 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
learningthehardway Wrote:Question. Has anyone ever did a BLS Minor Management at UMPI and then did a masters of HR Management at EC? Just curious if that's a thing.

What's your end goal?  Why Excelsior?  Is the Excelsior program interesting to you because there is an emphasis in Diversity and Technology?  It's got a long name to their degree!  Master of Science in Human Resource Management with an Emphasis in Diversity and Technology, the tuition isn't all that cheap either, I would go for something different, not because of the cost alone, but the time it will take to complete, in addition to that - no programmatic/secondary accreditation.  Link: https://www.excelsior.edu/program/master...echnology/
To be honest I'm not sure. Just the cheapest and fast HRM masters.
Basically, Excelsior MBA and Masters programs (along with their Bachelors) have IACBE accreditation, which is programmatic/secondary accreditation, but in a sense, it's not looked at any greater than "none" or just RA.  Obviously, having this is a tad better as it shows the program has gone through some quality checks. Link: https://iacbe.org/memberpdf/ExcelsiorCollege.pdf

If you're going for programmatic/secondary accreditation, depending on the Business major, you should look at ACBSP at minimum or AACSB for those more well known public/state research universities.  For cost, ease, speed to finish, you can get the Walden MBA or MS HR using the tempo system in 2 terms (6 months) for about $6K total, and it has ACBSP.  That's probably less than HALF price to the Excelsior program!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-20-2022, 09:40 PM)learningthehardway Wrote:
(05-20-2022, 07:40 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
To be honest I'm not sure. Just the cheapest and fast HRM masters.

It's not going to be cheap OR fast.  They do 8-week courses, which is fairly common these days.  And it's $695/cr x 30cr = $21k.  Not exactly cheap.  You're much better off with the HAU MBA ($3000) or WGU or another school.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Excelsior will take 15 sh transfer into the MS HRM, so if you like the design but are looking to save money and have or can find comparable credits that will transfer, there's that.
Thanks, everyone! I will circle back to the idea when the time comes. For now, I think I will just keep my laser focus....or try to.... ADHD is real lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Purdue Global Masters in IT -- certification credit walruspanda 3 992 04-18-2023, 12:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New ASU UL Project Management Poker doom 22 2,261 12-20-2022, 09:22 AM
Last Post: doom
  Masters With What School? learningthehardway 43 3,893 08-27-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: learningthehardway
  Big 3 place in top 60 of 166 accredited Emergency Management colleges in the US Life Long Learning 10 2,186 04-15-2020, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  WGU vs TESU for BSBA General Management indigoshuffle 2 1,347 04-27-2019, 10:57 PM
Last Post: dfrecore