Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BS Technical Studies 2nd Degree
(04-15-2020, 04:11 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: No, the Project Management course listed in the screenshot just shows an upper-level number for that course/area, it's not required to be upper level.  Within the degree evaluations, it'll tell you which courses requires that upper-level credit, namely in the AOS and Tech Studies requirement.

Forgive me, but I am so confused! LOL

I see for Tech Core (6 UL required) 3 of them are coming from Proj Management (see attached), that would tell me that UL is required. What am I missing?

Thank you for clarifying!

Attached Files
.jpg   UL.JPG (Size: 96.65 KB / Downloads: 13)
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
Oops, my #7 post is wrong - The only 18 UL you need are all in the AOS, 12 (9 in Technical Studies/3 Capstone) and 6 in Technical Core is incorrect.  I placed the Capstone along with the Technical Studies, it should be in the Technical Core.  So, the scenarios can be played this way...

You can take an Upper-Level Project Management course or settle with a Lower Level Project Management course.
Option 1) 15 UL Technical Studies + 6 Technical Core (3 UL Capstone + 3 LL Project Management), this nets you 18 UL
Option 2) 12 UL Technical Studies + 6 Techincal Core (3 UL Capstone + 3 UL Project Management), this nets you 18 UL

I would also verify with TESU just to be safe, it should just be 18 UL anywhere in the AOS (Technical Studies/Core) so that Project Management course can be UL if you're short on Technical Studies courses that are UL, but if you have sufficient UL Technical Studies courses, a lower level Project Management course should be usable in that place.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I don't know though I thought that for that particular degree UL project management is required. I recall a certificate did the same thing. I tried to use sophia project management they told me the courses for the certificates if they had course numbers they had to match exactly. I assumed the same was for a degree.

Usually, if TESU lists a course number you need that exact course number but if they don't have a course number it can anything. Take a look at the degree requirements for a psych degree it just says "Research in Experimental Psychology" with no course number. Yet for BS Homeland Security, it says "Research Methods in the Social Sciences (SOS-492)." So for the psych degree study.coms LL research course would work but for homeland security, it wouldn't. At least that was my take.

Maybe I'm wrong though.
This is the reply directly from academic advising when we emailed them March 23d, planning all the courses out:

Project Management (SCBUS311, Study.com) will transfer in as MAN-435, ACE transcript until 08/31/20 and may be used to satisfy the MAN-435 requirement of the Technical Core

HTH!
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
All,

Just for clarification and to add to discussion.
I am enrolled in the BS Technical Studies and will complete this December(2020).
I just now confirmed with Donna Keehbler in advising that SCBUS311- Study.com WILL transfer into this degree as UL MAN-435 with TESU. She also confirmed there is no intention to make this a LL transfer or remove this course as approved.

Also, the Project Management course for this particular degree MUST be UL; you cannot transfer in a Project Management course that is LL. Even if the transferred course is approved by TESU as Project Management for other degree requirements.

Hope this helps and reach out to me for any question about the Technical Study degree.

Thanks,
Thank you for the info on SCBUS311 since I have been viewing this.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 279 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 236 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 236 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 606 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,755 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  What constitutes "new" credits for 2nd degree? homeschoolmom1 8 495 01-15-2024, 10:50 PM
Information Advice on BS CIS Degree plan SaberTronnN 17 1,262 01-12-2024, 11:12 PM
  Degree plans - Second bachelor's degree, ASNSM, and certificates carrythenothing 6 1,533 01-06-2024, 04:49 PM
  Almost finished with dual CIS/CS degree - HELP! ACI 22 2,014 01-04-2024, 03:58 AM
Last Post: rachel83az