Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BS Technical Studies 2nd Degree
Since I have become bored with humanities and already have a BALS - Social Sciences; I thought I would see if I could test out of this degree (most of it anyway). Some of my credits from my previous degree and classes I have taken recently have fulfilled a few requirements and I am looking for ideas to fulfill some of the gaps.

2: BS Technical Studies Gen Ed 2nd Degree (20 SH)[b] (In progress)[/b]
SH Earned: 9
Complete all 5 sub-requirements:

A: College Algebra[b] (Complete)[/b]
Complete 3 semester hours in College Algebra or above.

MAT-121 College Algebra 07/26/12 CR 3.00 MAT-121

B: Gen Chem OR Physics[b] (Not started)[/b]
Complete 8 semester hours (SH) of General Chemistry with Lab OR General Physics with Lab.

3 credits needed
3 credits needed
2 credits needed

C: Higher Level Math[b] (Complete)[/b]
Complete 3 semester hours in Higher Level Mathematics.

MAT-129 Precalculus 08/23/12 CR 3.00 MAT-129

D: Statistics[b] (Complete)[/b]
Complete 3 semester hours in Statistics.

STA-201 Principles of Statistics CR 3.00STA-201

E: Computer Concepts[b] (Not started)[/b]
Complete 3 semester hours in Computer Concepts.

3 credits needed

3: Technical Studies (21SH)[b] (In progress)[/b]
SH Earned: 4
GPA Achieved/Needed: none / 2.000
Complete 1 of 11 sub-requirements:

B: Electrical 21 SH[b] (In progress)[/b]
For TESU and other course options, please contact an Advisor
A total of 18 Area of Study credits must be from 300/400 level courses (6 of these credits are satisfied with the Technical Core requirement).
SH Earned: 4
Required: 21
Remaining: 17
1 ELE-211 DC Circuits 3.00 ELE-211 *NE
1 ELT-102 Basic Electronics Lab CR 1.00 ELT-102 *NE
3 credits
3 credits
3 credits
3 credits
2 credits

4: Technical Studies (18SH)[b] (In progress)[/b]
GPA Achieved/Needed: none / 2.000

Topics include any discipline in Applied Science and Technology
For TESU and other course options, please contact an Advisor
A total of 18 Area of Study credits must be from 300/400 level courses (6 of these credits are satisfied with the Technical Core requirement).

SH Earned: 8
Required: 18
Remaining: 10

COS-101 Introduction to Computers 03/28/11 CR 3.00 COS-101 *NE 1
MAI-199 Spec. Stud. in Selected Topics CR 3.00 MAI-199 *NE 3 UNIV2212 Phlebotomy CR 2.00 CLB-102 *TE

3 credits needed

3 credits needed

3 credits needed
1 credit needed

5: Technical Core (6SH upper level)[b] (Not started)[/b]
SH Earned: 0
Complete both sub-requirements:

A: Current Trends 3 SH[b] (Not started)[/b]
*must earn a grade of C/CR or better
This Capstone course must be taken with Thomas Edison State University or via an approved Thomas Edison State University Academic Program Review. Baccalaureate students will not be permitted to register for a capstone course unless they have 100 credits applied toward the requirements for the declared degree and a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
For TESU course options, go to APS-401 Current Trends and Applications

3 credits needed

B: Project Mngt 3 SH[b] (Not started)[/b]
*must earn a grade of C/CR or better
For TESU course options, go to MAN-435 Project Management
Source

3 credits needed

6: Electives (15SH)[b] (Waived)[/b]
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
Has anyone worked on this kind of a degree plan?
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
(04-15-2020, 01:25 PM)vetvso Wrote: Has anyone worked on this kind of a degree plan?

Yes, we have one planned and approved, but probably will do BACS instead.

For the Chem/Physics section, Study.com worked:

SDC - General Chemistry with Lab I
SDC - General Chemistry with Lab II
SDC - Physics I

For Project Management, SDC worked again:

Study.com - Business 311: Project Management

HTH!!!
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
Thank you for the info. Hopefully one of Sophia's courses will fill in something.
(04-15-2020, 01:49 PM)vetvso Wrote: Thank you for the info. Hopefully one of Sophia's courses will fill in something.

sophias project managment comes in as ll so it won't work the tech studies
Would Introduction to Information Technology fulfill computer concepts or move COS-101 Introduction to Computers into that position and use the LL Sophia course in the other position.
vetvso Wrote:Thank you for the info. Hopefully one of Sophia's courses will fill in something.

vetvso Wrote:Would Introduction to Information Technology fulfill computer concepts or move COS-101 Introduction to Computers into that position and use the LL Sophia course in the other position.

Basically, yes, I recommend to take as many Sophia.org courses as you can that will fit into the degree, all the courses can be used, including the Project Management course.  And because you're getting a second degree, you need 24 credits NEW after conferral of the first degree. The only 18 UL you need are all in the AOS, 12 (9 in Technical Studies/3 Capstone) and 6 in Technical Core.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-15-2020, 01:35 PM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote:
(04-15-2020, 01:25 PM)vetvso Wrote: Has anyone worked on this kind of a degree plan?

Yes, we have one planned and approved, but probably will do BACS instead.

For the Chem/Physics section, Study.com worked:

SDC - General Chemistry with Lab I
SDC - General Chemistry with Lab II
SDC - Physics I

For Project Management, SDC worked again:

Study.com - Business 311: Project Management

HTH!!!

(04-15-2020, 02:10 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
vetvso Wrote:Thank you for the info. Hopefully one of Sophia's courses will fill in something.

vetvso Wrote:Would Introduction to Information Technology fulfill computer concepts or move COS-101 Introduction to Computers into that position and use the LL Sophia course in the other position.

Basically, yes, I recommend to take as many Sophia.org courses as you can that will fit into the degree, all the courses can be used, including the Project Management course.  And because you're getting a second degree, you need 24 credits NEW after conferral of the first degree. The only 18 UL you need are all in the AOS, 12 (9 in Technical Studies/3 Capstone) and 6 in Technical Core.

These are the only classes I see that might work for this degree plan assuming they transfer in. Now they may not fit due to being LL but I'm going to work on these and see. The other may help a future History degree that I might finish for fun at another University one day.

Project Management
Environmental Science
Human Biology
Introduction to Information Technology
The requirement for Project Management has to be UL and be transferred in as MAN-435. I don't believe Sophia.org's option is UL. We have SDC Bus 311 planned and approved.

That said, Sophia.org Introduction to Information Technology transfers in as CIS-107 and can fulfill the Computer Concepts requirement.

HTH!
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
No, the Project Management course listed in the screenshot just shows an upper-level number for that course/area, it's not required to be upper level. Within the degree evaluations, it'll tell you which courses requires that upper-level credit, namely in the AOS and Tech Studies requirement.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 279 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 236 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 236 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 606 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  BSBA BS... Dual degree nonsense. CanICode 44 4,755 02-06-2024, 11:05 AM
Last Post: homeschoolmom1
  What constitutes "new" credits for 2nd degree? homeschoolmom1 8 495 01-15-2024, 10:50 PM
Information Advice on BS CIS Degree plan SaberTronnN 17 1,262 01-12-2024, 11:12 PM
  Degree plans - Second bachelor's degree, ASNSM, and certificates carrythenothing 6 1,533 01-06-2024, 04:49 PM
  Almost finished with dual CIS/CS degree - HELP! ACI 22 2,014 01-04-2024, 03:58 AM
Last Post: rachel83az