Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BS in Science
(06-02-2022, 09:00 AM)Jonathan Whatley Wrote:
(06-02-2022, 06:56 AM)debrag Wrote: Thanks for this. So it is almost possible to do this with alt-credit (almost). Just wondering if SDC course being 300 will make a difference. Can you do individual courses at Ashworth?

SDC course numbering tends to but doesn't always correspond with whether Excelsior or anyone takes a course as UL.

I spoke with an Ashworth College admissions rep and said I was interested in HE400 Cultural Diversity in Healthcare specifically. The following is my understanding from that conversation.

Ashworth doesn't offer individual course enrollment per se. Ashworth does offer that you can enroll per term. For college credit, $1199 if paid in full, or they have an installment plan. At this flat rate the term includes your choice of up to 5 courses x 3 sh ea = a 15-credit term. The fee includes "all ebook study guides."

You can take HE400 Cultural Diversity in Healthcare as part of either the General Track undergrad or the Health Care Management track.

If you choose the General Track undergrad, either 2 of those 5 courses in your first term at Ashworth must be English Composition or College Math, or you must have satisfied either or both requirement with prior transfer credit.

If you choose the Health Care Management track, either one of those 5 courses in your first term at Ashworth must be Medical Terminology, or you must have satisfied that requirement with prior transfer credit or with an internal challenge exam.

It seems likely that you can choose HE400 plus four other UL courses that would apply to an Excelsior BS in Health Sciences.

Oh that does sound interesting, shame about that one course that can't be found anywhere else.
International: UK
Future degree:
MSc Criminology & Criminal Psychology - Essex University
MBA - ENEB

Degrees in process:
BS Health Science 2024 - The University of the People
BSc Open (Health focus) 2023 - The Open University

Degrees completed:

BN Adult Nursing 2020 - Portsmouth University
Credits: Sophia (81)

debrag Wrote:Oh that does sound interesting, shame about that one course that can't be found anywhere else.

Which UofP program are you taking? It seems you're doing the Health Science there, are you thinking of switching to Health or Natural Science at Excelsior?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(06-05-2022, 11:47 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
debrag Wrote:Oh that does sound interesting, shame about that one course that can't be found anywhere else.

Which UofP program are you taking? It seems you're doing the Health Science there, are you thinking of switching to Health or Natural Science at Excelsior?

UofPeople have an internship requirement for their HS degree so if they don't start a research option (which is being looked at) before I'm due for the internship then I will be looking to transfer out. I'm thinking HS would be too expensive to do at Excelsior unfortunately with having to do maybe 3 courses on top of the 7 required credits. If someone can find me a reasonable priced upper level science with lab I'd seriously consider NS.

I probably will end up looking at History or Criminology if they can be done with alt-credit. If not then Psychology. I don't really want to be paying Excelsior prices and just getting a BLS degree. I have no intention of using it for masters.
International: UK
Future degree:
MSc Criminology & Criminal Psychology - Essex University
MBA - ENEB

Degrees in process:
BS Health Science 2024 - The University of the People
BSc Open (Health focus) 2023 - The Open University

Degrees completed:

BN Adult Nursing 2020 - Portsmouth University
Credits: Sophia (81)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bachelors of Science in Business BigJohn1975 10 591 04-01-2024, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Dnightowl
  What are Arts & Science Electives EHC2110 4 990 11-10-2023, 12:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Library Science - A&S or AP? topdog98 1 649 10-11-2022, 12:12 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  humanities vs social science debrag 16 1,862 05-23-2022, 03:22 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
Question Arts & Science vs Arts & Science & Applied Professional at Excelsior alsimko 11 3,175 08-04-2021, 05:48 PM
Last Post: nosey561