Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA Accounting - TESU - Wiki
Synicaal's BSBA - Accounting - 2017 Catalog | Degree Forum Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia

Created that today. Feel free to use it for anyone asking about this degree. I will try and update it regularly.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Cool! Always nice to have updates in the wiki Smile

I think I will do my own page for marketing when I get the time. cheersmate
Started Sept. 2016 -Thomas Edison State Univeristy - BSBA - Marketing 120/120 DONE
ACE/ALT 41 CR
TECEP: 15 CR
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra l College Algebra l Statistics l
The Institutes: Ethics
Saylor: Principles of Marketing
Straighterline: American Government l Intro to Religion l Principles of Management l English Comp II l
Study.com : Business 308 l History 108 l Principles of Finance l Digital Marketing
CSU CBE: Market Research l
TECEP: Strategic Management l  Public relations l Advertising l Sales Mgmt l Marketing Comm
Community College B&M Courses (2013-2015) 64 CR General Ed. and Business
Short-term Objective: TESU BSBA in Marketing by Sept. 2017 (DONE!) Graduating in June
Long-term Objective: Career in marketing then eventually MBA or MSC in Marketing later on  
Study.com also has a Stats course now, but I don't know if anyone has taken it or reviewed it.
can anything replace federal income taxation?

What is the difficulty of this TECEP?
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

Zachcleigh Wrote:can anything replace federal income taxation?

What is the difficulty of this TECEP?

Yes, I only went with federal income taxation because its what I will be doing. I know there is a bunch of CSU-Global stuff that you can take over the Tax TECEP. However, the TECEP is probably the easiest route. You can use the book on the actual test. When I prepare for this test I am going to get sticky notes for all the areas I know I will need and label them. Then go take the test. However, I do have a leg up with working for my state tax department and taking an Federal Income Tax course at a CC. Others have said it really isn't that bad if you use the book, just really helps to know where things are in the book.

https://csuglobal.edu/admissions/transfe...t-exam-cbe

this is the link to the CSUGLOBAL CBE's. I would say the Accounting Comp Systems is the easiest if its anything like the CC version I am taking and you know excel a decent amount. Of course you will want to get anything approved from TESU prior to taking it outside of the known things they take. I have heard mixed reviews on the CSU stuff recently. I will be adding this link to the wiki also.

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
Synicaal Wrote:this is the link to the CSUGLOBAL CBE's. I would say the Accounting Comp Systems is the easiest if its anything like the CC version I am taking and you know excel a decent amount. Of course you will want to get anything approved from TESU prior to taking it outside of the known things they take. I have heard mixed reviews on the CSU stuff recently. I will be adding this link to the wiki also.

Mixed reviews in regards to whether TESU accepts them, how difficult they are to pass, or their educational quality?
bghill Wrote:Mixed reviews in regards to whether TESU accepts them, how difficult they are to pass, or their educational quality?

I have no idea as I'm not taking this route. I am doing SL's Managerial Accounting ( ACC-303 Cost Accounting) , I Did Study.com's Advanced Accounting and Applied Managerial Accounting. That is making up 3 of my 4 UL courses. Then I am planning on the TECEP for Taxation. I am taking my Intermediate Accounting I through SL's Financial Accounting and my Intermediate Accounting II through Oakton CC (wasn't spending the money on Penn Foster for just ACE credit)

If the Accounting Comp Systems CBE is anything like the class I am taking right now I don't see it being that difficult. I do believe when you sign up for one they open the course material up to you so you can self prepare and then when you are ready you pay for the exam and take it. I can't really find information specifics on any of the exams so I didn't plan on attempting any of them.

bghill Wrote:Mixed reviews in regards to whether TESU accepts them, how difficult they are to pass, or their educational quality?

TESU definitely takes them, and from what I've seen people seem to really enjoy the setup. But they're a little pricier.

It's not known for sure how a lot of them transfer in though, so it's good to get them cleared with TESU upfront.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,974 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,659 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,102 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,636 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,729 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,341 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,586 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,373 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,857 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore