Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSBA CIS DUAL DEGREE
(04-06-2023, 06:51 AM)techmama Wrote: Sooo I didn’t discover the possibility of getting a dual degree until after I had taken a bunch of classes. Is it too late for me (or worth it at this point?) to try and complete the requirements for BSBA CIS?

There is also the Associate's degree in Math that is worth looking at as it only requires 2 math courses or 1 CLEP to complete. Looks like maybe you have 1 extra math course already.

https://www.tesu.edu/heavin/asnsm/mathematics

In kind of like leaving money on the table when you don't get all you can out of TESU. Though you have to decide if it's worth it or not.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(04-07-2023, 03:27 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(04-06-2023, 06:51 AM)techmama Wrote: Sooo I didn’t discover the possibility of getting a dual degree until after I had taken a bunch of classes. Is it too late for me (or worth it at this point?) to try and complete the requirements for BSBA CIS?

There is also the Associate's degree in Math that is worth looking at as it only requires 2 math courses or 1 CLEP to complete. Looks like maybe you have 1 extra math course already.

In kind of like leaving money on the table when you don't get all you can out of TESU. Though you have to decide if it's worth it or not.
Does the CSM course count for the Quantitative Literacy requirement ?
(04-07-2023, 05:46 PM)Pats20 Wrote:

Yes, the CMS course fulfills the quantitative literacy requirement.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(04-07-2023, 06:10 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(04-07-2023, 05:46 PM)Pats20 Wrote:

Yes, the CMS course fulfills the quantitative literacy requirement.
Good. Looks like I may add that to my bucket list. I only need one course. Sophia algebra should take care of that. 
Funny the eval shows 2 credits needed. (58 complete) 

With quantitative literacy in progress and one math elective in progress.
(04-07-2023, 11:43 AM)techmama Wrote: What about a masters in IT at tesu. Is there any way to combine that with a comp sci bachelors? Or is it just straight forward, you get your bachelors then apply for masters… no tips or tricks to do it faster?

TESU has a Bachelor’s to Master’s Program, which you may be interested in. It allows you to take certain graduate-level courses as an undergraduate, use your undergrad pricing & financial aid, and count the credits toward both a Bachelor's and Master's degree. You must have a good academic record, at least 90 credits applied to an eligible degree, and have room in your degree plan for the allowed courses.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 607 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 504 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 527 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 400 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 380 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 340 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 301 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 659 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,409 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 625 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch