Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
BSBA CIS upper level (TESU)
Are upper level classes required? For some reason my eval says 12SH are required but the website describing this degree doesn't mention it at all. I'm confused? I sent TESU an email about this but wonder if anyone here knows? I did apply to TESU a few years ago but never enrolled so maybe this is an old eval? It has the latest general education requirements and today's date on it so that's why I got confused.
its a bachelors degree
of course upper level credits are required

https://www.tesu.edu/documents/catalog-ug.pdf

page 121

Area of Study (18-24 credits)
The area of study is the component of the degree that focuses on the specific business area in an in-depth way. A maximum of 6 credits at the 100-200 level can be applied.
Unofficial evaluations can be off by a lot. What they post can sometimes be incomplete. For some of the degrees, I believe you can only see the real, complete requirements if you are actually enrolled in that degree.

Ok then where do I find upper level CIS classes that don't cost a fortune? Has anyone made a list? I'm so behind trying to research all this. I know you all have things to do too but any help you can give me would be appreciated. Sad

Also could anyone explain what the groups mean in the area of study electives?
(03-26-2018, 04:26 PM)fork Wrote: Ok then where do I find upper level CIS classes that don't cost a fortune? Has anyone made a list? I'm so behind trying to research all this. I know you all have things to do too but any help you can give me would be appreciated. Sad

Also could anyone explain what the groups mean in the area of study electives?

I know you're waiting for your TESC evaluation from 2014 to be updated to 2018 TESU requirements. While you're waiting you may want to make sure you gather up the free credits you may not have; some even come is as UL in your interested AOS. http://degreeforum.wikia.com/wiki/Free_S..._of_Credit
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(03-26-2018, 04:26 PM)fork Wrote: Ok then where do I find upper level CIS classes that don't cost a fortune?

I don't have a comprehensive list but here are the UL courses I used for my CIS degree:

CIS320 - Systems Analysis and Design (CSU-Global CBE) - $250 - (also is a requirement for CIS)
MAR441 - Digital Marketing (Study.com) - $100 - (study.com is $200 a month for two courses)
CIS301- Management Info. Systems (DSST) $85 + testing center fee
CMP354 - Network Technology (TECEP) $117
CAP385, CIS344 - Cybersecurity 201 & 301 (TEEX) - free - (have until the end of May to complete these courses)

I believe MIS and Network Technology can also be taken as $25 Saylor courses, so that may be a cheaper option.
BSBA:CIS & ASNSM:CS from TESU - June 2018 Graduation

CLEP: A&I Lit., Intro Sociology, Biology, Western Civ. I & II, US History I & II, American Government, Intro Psychology, Macroecon., Microecon., Princ. of Management, Princ. of Marketing, Intro Business Law, Financial Accounting
DSST: Ethics in America, Intro to World Religions, Computing and Information Systems, Princ. of Finance, Management Information Systems
CollegePlus: Comparative Worldviews, Social Justice
Lumerit: English Comp. I & II, Intro to Business
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Intro to Stats
Saylor: Corporate Communications
TECEP: Managerial Accounting. Business in Society, Network Technology
Study.com: Comm 101, Digital Marketing and Advertising
Straighterline: Intro to Programming C++
CSU-Global CBE: Information Systems Analysis and Design
TESU: BUS-421
[-] The following 1 user Likes TacticalTechie's post:
  • fork
I used DSST MIS and Cybersecurity and TECEP Networking.
TESU - BSBA: CIS - Dec '17

TECEP Eng Comp I, Marriage and Family, Strategic Management, Networking, Computer Concepts, Liberal Math, Tech Writing, Managerial Accounting DSST MIS, Cybersecurity Study.com Macroeconomics COSC Cornerstone, Software Engineering Straighterline Business Ethics

Next:
  Related classes at local CC and various Cybersecurity certifications.

Old username:  ajs1976
Here is the degree plan, it has a bunch of options.

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU BSBA CIS.xlsx (Size: 55.62 KB / Downloads: 102)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • fork
I got the new eval. It seems like TESU is being very generous with the upper level policy. They put 12 lower level credits in the area of study. In addition to that, they included another 3 credit LL if I demonstrate currency. But I don't really have current knowledge of that one so I'd probably take something else. It's a subject area that's not my favorite so I'd rather not bother with it. Still they put it in there so that was a total of 15 of the 18 at lower level. Is this common or could it be a mistake that would come back to haunt me when I apply to graduate?
(04-03-2018, 02:58 PM)fork Wrote: I got the new eval. It seems like TESU is being very generous with the upper level policy. They put 12 lower level credits in the area of study. In addition to that, they included another 3 credit LL if I demonstrate currency. But I don't really have current knowledge of that one so I'd probably take something else. It's a subject area that's not my favorite so I'd rather not bother with it. Still they put it in there so that was a total of 15 of the 18 at lower level. Is this common or could it be a mistake that would come back to haunt me when I apply to graduate?

It will definitely come back to haunt you.  You HAVE to take 12cr of UL in the AOS.  Not optional.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,926 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,617 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,022 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,582 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,292 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,322 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,817 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore