Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bathroom break during study.com final
dfrecore Wrote:
park0902 Wrote:Thank you all for the recommendations. If they disqualify the test because they consider it "cheating", does this mean I've lost one test attempt this month, or does it count as 1/3 failed attempt and I can retake it?

I'm guessing you just lost that single attempt, and they'll allow you to retake it.  You're allowed 3 attempts per course, so you get 2 more.

Wait for the results first, I would assume this is what would most likely happen as well, keep reviewing the material and retake it if that's the only option they provide you. The earliest I recall is 3 days after you get your results of the exam and whatever they decide. Exceptions happen, hope for the best and settle for whatever options they provide you.

In regards to the attempts, you have two exam attempts per month, it doesn't really matter which course, you can take them both for the same course or another one, it's the # of attempts included in that membership. If you have already completed two exams, then you pay for the third exam, which is $70/extra exam.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • park0902
(11-29-2021, 10:56 AM)ashkir Wrote: Talk to study.com about it because you have a medical issue and they have to accommodate it by law.

A website doesn't have to accommodate someone with a disability.  That only applies to state or local government websites, not public sector websites.

You broke the TOS by getting up and going to the bathroom.  You should have ended your test before you got up and left the room.  The algorithm/Ai should catch this easily and flag it for review. 

I would be careful trying to force the issue because you piss off the wrong person, and you could be banned from the website.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Not sure why someone taking a proctored exam got up and left the room during the exam. I know they had to use the restroom, but isn't it common knowledge that you can't leave in the middle of an exam? If you need a break, don't you need to make arrangements before taking the exam? When I was at LSU, we had proctored exams and were allowed a restroom break, but we had to notify the proctor and pause the exam. The exam was then locked and we could not go back to any questions we opened before the break.
(11-30-2021, 04:52 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(11-29-2021, 10:56 AM)ashkir Wrote: Talk to study.com about it because you have a medical issue and they have to accommodate it by law.

A website doesn't have to accommodate someone with a disability.  That only applies to state or local government websites, not public sector websites.

You broke the TOS by getting up and going to the bathroom.  You should have ended your test before you got up and left the room.  The algorithm/Ai should catch this easily and flag it for review. 

I would be careful trying to force the issue because you piss off the wrong person, and you could be banned from the website.

They're a California based company, so they do have to offer reasonable accommodations in order to operate in California. 

If your business is involved in education and you don't accommodate people then you have no reason to be in business. 

Nonetheless, Study.com DOES accommodate disabilities. https://study.com/academy/popular/access...dycom.html
[-] The following 2 users Like ashkir's post:
  • jch, park0902
I didn't want to, but I couldn't hold it longer without hurting myself even though I went once right before the test started. I've taken tests with ProctorU and they allow one break and pause the exam but since this was a computer watching me I had no other options. It's kinda messed up that they don't even allow just one bathroom break. I don't have the doctor's paper because I haven't been able to afford insurance to see a doctor, that's why my hands are tied and I just have to deal with my own problems. It's a learning experience and I just have to find a solution. It's not the end of the world if I don't pass it, just have to redo it again. Thank you all for sharing.
Sophia.org: 74 LL credits
TEEX: 13 credits (3 UL + 10LL) 
ACTFL: 24 credits (12 LL + 12 UL) 
Community College: 81 LL credits (2 AAs)
WGU: 9 UL credits
UMPI: 42 credits (30 UL + 12 LL)
Study.com 12 credits (6 UL + 6LL)
UMPI BLS, minor in Management. Magna Cum Claude. (May '22)
(11-30-2021, 06:36 PM)ashkir Wrote: If your business is involved in education and you don't accommodate people then you have no reason to be in business. 

So shut down any website business, starting with education businesses that "don't accommodate people"?

Well, then you agree OnlineDegree.com should be shut down since they don't show any text with their videos, and anyone hearing impaired won't be able to use them?

And what about people that started OnlineDegree, basically out of the kindness of their hearts?  Unless you think they make money on the $8 fee for the tests?  Well, they should just shut down as soon as one person doesn't like their service or threatens them with a bogus lawsuit?

It's one thing for a business that gets billions in venture capital funds to jump through millions of regulations. It's another for a small business with a few employees.

(11-30-2021, 07:04 PM)park0902 Wrote: I didn't want to, but I couldn't hold it longer without hurting myself even though I went once right before the test started. I've taken tests with ProctorU and they allow one break and pause the exam but since this was a computer watching me I had no other options. It's kinda messed up that they don't even allow just one bathroom break. I don't have the doctor's paper because I haven't been able to afford insurance to see a doctor, that's why my hands are tied and I just have to deal with my own problems. It's a learning experience and I just have to find a solution. It's not the end of the world if I don't pass it, just have to redo it again. Thank you all for sharing.

With ProctorU, there is a live proctor, so when you leave and come back, they can ask you to rescan the room to make sure everything is legit. Study.com's proctor service is more automated.

I didn't mean to sound harsh. I was just a bit wary of "legal advise" to start screaming ADA to the customer service reps after you broke the TOS. 

I would bet Study.com would try to work with you if they can.  If nothing else, you can always wear an adult diaper.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(11-30-2021, 07:04 PM)park0902 Wrote: It's kinda messed up that they don't even allow just one bathroom break. 

You didn't ask them ahead of time to make an accommodation. If they allowed everyone to just leave the exam in the middle without making accommodations ahead of time, then everyone could quickly google some things or reference their notes while they're taking a break. That would undermine the proctoring process. Like others mentioned, there's a good chance they can work to make reasonable accommodation for you moving forward, but anything they do after the fact would be at their sole discretion.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
[-] The following 4 users Like MNomadic's post:
  • jch, LevelUP, ss20ts, TINASAM
(11-30-2021, 07:18 PM)LevelUP Wrote: And what about people that started OnlineDegree, basically out of the kindness of their hearts?  Unless you think they make money on the $8 fee for the tests?  Well, they should just shut down as soon as one person doesn't like their service or threatens them with a bogus lawsuit?

OnlineDegree.com was most definitely not started out of the kindness of anyone's heart. They had a business plan and intended to make money.  Their business model was (and is) to earn fees based on leads sent to schools.  (If you notice, if you attempt to sign up for classes and tell them you have no interest in attending college, they will not allow you to sign up, because they have no chance of making $ on you.) 

That said, I have a strong suspicion that their model failed completely, which is, I suspect, why they haven't added any new classes, nor offered written transcripts for their course material or other upgrades.  My guess is that they are trying to recoup the large investment (probably $25,000) in getting approval for ACE (or NCCRS, whichever they have) and whatever other build-out costs they have.

As to whether websites domiciled in CA have to conform with CA laws around disability access (and, for that matter, CA's privacy policy, the strongest in the nation)... yes, if someone complains, they have to comply.
[-] The following 1 user Likes studyingfortests's post:
  • jsd

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,348 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,597 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,445 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 746 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 333 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,903 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 591 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 312 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue