Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Online College Algebra class?
I've found that the online classes aren't as hard if it uses something like MyMathlab and coursecompass.com. Took it through this method for intermediate algebra but I don't know if it's harder to use the program when taking college algebra.
ASH2041850 Wrote:I've found that the online classes aren't as hard if it uses something like MyMathlab and coursecompass.com. Took it through this method for intermediate algebra but I don't know if it's harder to use the program when taking college algebra.

Which online class did you use?
ASH2041850 Wrote:I've found that the online classes aren't as hard if it uses something like MyMathlab and coursecompass.com. Took it through this method for intermediate algebra but I don't know if it's harder to use the program when taking college algebra.

For me, intermediate algebra was doable with MyMathLab via Barstow Community College.

College algebra was a whole different animal. It's not that MyMathLab/CourseCompass are tougher, it's that the material itself is tougher.
Thanks for the info ya'll! Just registered for this option today and will try to remember to come back and let you know how it goes after all is said and done.

69+Brick & Mortar Credits
Financial Accounting Clep- Score 59
Prin. Of Marketing Clep- Score 62
Business Law- Score 57
Prin. Of Management- Score 72
Prin. Of Supervision DSST- Score 63
Human Resource Management DSST- Score 62
Organizational Behavior DSST- Score 62
Intro to Business- DSST Score 67
College Algebra Straighterline-FHSU-"A"
Pre-Calculus ALEKS-ACE-Pass
Microeconomics Clep- Score 64
TESC Business Letter and Report Writing PLA-Pass
Management Info Systems Clep-Score 433
Money and Banking DSST-Score 64
Sales Management TECEP-Pass
Principles of Finance DSST-Score 57
Just for clarification: do you mean that you took the class from StraighterLine, then transferred the credit FHSU and then transferred the FHSU credits to another institution?

Sowak777 Wrote:Straighterline.com

$99 for the one month option. You will have 30 days to complete the course. Fort Hays State University will take the credit from straighterline.com and you can then transfer the credit anywhere. FHSU is RA. For College Algebra, there are 5 exams that are not timed and not proctored. I am taking it right now. I have completed 3/5 exams, and I have a 95%. 20 questions per exam. You will have to pay $30 to apply to FHSU. So, for $129 total, you can get the course out of the way. Also, rather than pay WAY too much for the required textbook, I just used a 10 year old College Algebra textbook that I picked up for $1.00. The material is all the same.

Online College Courses Distance Learning Courses
lomanro Wrote:Just for clarification: do you mean that you took the class from StraighterLine, then transferred the credit FHSU and then transferred the FHSU credits to another institution?

Whoa, this is an 8 year old thread. The guy you're asking for clarification (View Profile: Sowak777 - CLEP Forum - CLEP Study - CLEP Testing - Study Guide and Strategies) was last active in 2009, so don't expect any response from him. Big Grin
lomanro Wrote:Just for clarification: do you mean that you took the class from StraighterLine, then transferred the credit FHSU and then transferred the FHSU credits to another institution?

This is a 7-year old zombie thread. Whatever may have happened in 2009, the process will not be the same now.

Now, if you take a course through SL, they are all ACE-approved, and you can transfer them directly to any partner schools, or transfer them to your ACE account for transfer to a school who accepts ACE-approved courses.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,021 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,365 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Study.com College Credits UnbreakablyDetermined 2 1,814 08-27-2018, 05:44 PM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU BALS 2018 - All Online seaweedhead 5 2,889 08-23-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TESU gen. ed. algebra requirement alternatives? kietro 5 1,689 07-27-2018, 09:58 AM
Last Post: rckola911
  Excelsior: ALEKS Beginning Algebra duplicates ... bluebooger 13 3,135 07-26-2018, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Exfactor
  Excelsior College 47th Annual Commencement - 12 Year Old Graduate Life Long Learning 16 4,854 07-26-2018, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Penn Foster/TESU UL last class FinishTHEM 3 1,374 07-02-2018, 10:30 PM
Last Post: FinishTHEM
  Excelsior College awarded 245K for Advanced Nuclear Project Life Long Learning 1 1,201 06-25-2018, 09:28 AM
Last Post: Life Long Learning