Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best School To Transfer Over 200 credits
(12-21-2021, 09:56 AM)allvia Wrote:
(12-21-2021, 09:50 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(12-21-2021, 08:36 AM)allvia Wrote: Pierpont BOG AAS (Free), then I agree with bjcheung77 on UMPI BAS, However, since you're in a electrical apprenticeship program, I'd recommend Project Management minor (extremely practical in the trades). You would need the foreign language credit but that can be done easily through InstantCert's Spanish I.  UMPI is a state school as well, so that should make you as comfortable as TESU or COSC does; also can be done quickly and quite affordable compared to the other two. I'm sure the UMPI 'pros' here will chime in if you're missing something that I'm not aware of.

I agree. An associate degree isn't necessary to get into UMPI though so if they don't want to do the paperwork for Pierpont then they could skip it. The BLS at UMPI is what I was going to suggest. Take Spanish 1 on InstantCert and then apply to UMPI for the January term.

I was under the impression that the UMPI BAS allowed for more use of 'miscellaneous' credits (non Gen Eds, that the OP already has) vs the UMPI BLS. Is this not the case? I would assume that the OP wants to obtain as few new credits as possible, therefore maxing out what they already have.

Nope. Both BAS and BLS have to complete the 40 credit GEC and at least an 18 credit minor. The rest of the credits are general electives.
If you do go to UMPI, you might also be able to add Physical Science as a minor on top of the other minors suggested. I understand that it’s not offered through YourPace but It looks like you have most of the courses required except for one. All you’d need is Fundamentals of Geology or Organic Chemistry. I’d look at SDC and ask if anything there would transfer over.
The Techincal Studies degree at TESU seems like the quickest/easiest of all the degrees for your situation:
https://www.tesu.edu/ast/programs/bs/technical-studies

The other option is the BA in Mathematics
https://iq3prod1.smartcatalogiq.com/Cata...athematics

If they bring in your Calculus 3, 4, and Linear Algebra as UL, then you would only need 2 more UL courses to finish that degree.  If you went to a technical/associates school, they will never bring in anything as UL which sucks. 

You could also pick up the associates in Mathematics or AS natural sciences and math for free while you are at it:

Use this guide to plan your General Education courses at TESU
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap

If you start TESU courses by Feb 1st, you can graduate in June.  That gives you around one month to get things sorted out. 
https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/gr...nformation
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Just a note...you have quarter credits so it's not 200 semester credits which what most colleges use. It's approximately 133.33 semester credits. The W's don't count. The S grades may not transfer either especially the orientation class. PE doesn't transfer to a lot of schools as they don't require PE.
Wow thanks everybody. This is a little overwhelming, but I really really appreciate it.  For clarification I do have an AAS (maybe AS?) in electrical engineering from that community college.
Definitely find out if it's an AS or an AAS. If it's an AS, you can't get a BAS from UMPI. Only a BLS. The BAS could look slightly better on a resume.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
How about a Pierpont CTC AAS degree (can transfer in the whole degree)? Then, a BA in Liberal Arts from Excelsior? I have endless credits too and could finish Excelsior BA with 7 more credits at Excelsior (capstone, cornerstone, and some info research class).
Pierpont is out of contention if you already have an associates degree.

I would say that EC's BSL, UMPI's BSL, or TESU's BSTS are the easiest to complete. Not sure which will look better on a resume since they're all kind of generic. TESU is always a good option if you can add associate's degrees for free; UMPI has a concentration that you might like; and EC will be cheaper than TESU, but the most generic of all since they got rid of the optional concentrations.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Name Brand, RA, State School Degree - Penn State World PreLawCoastie 7 1,214 03-02-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie
  PUG IT transfer credits BritStudent 2 238 02-22-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Schools that accept ACE credits and allow 90cr in transfer bjcheung77 87 40,734 01-30-2024, 08:10 PM
Last Post: inor
  TAMUC Org Leadership-six UL credits needed StoicJ 20 2,561 12-13-2023, 09:11 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  List of RA brick and mortar schools that accept 75% of credits from SDC, Sophia, SL ausernameisneeded 19 1,915 09-30-2023, 02:30 PM
Last Post: ausernameisneeded
  Does CUNY SPS allow transfer credits after enrollment? MyRightHandIsBi 11 946 09-13-2023, 08:54 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  SNHU Transfer New Credits after Enrollment - Can or Can't? berlinerd 3 1,066 08-17-2023, 11:54 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does Ana G. Mendez University accept ACE credits ande 7 705 07-11-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  (Possibly) cheapest credits for TESU Comp Sci degree rachel83az 11 3,131 01-29-2023, 10:53 PM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  UoPeople Certificate program transfer courses? MNomadic 5 1,632 12-13-2022, 10:44 PM
Last Post: MNomadic