Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best college to get an online MBA from?
Anyone know of some good, regionally accredited colleges that offer online MBAs that takes a good number of clep + transfer credits and has courses that can be paid in full by AF tuition assistance ($250 a credit)? Before I get in the routine of taking a ton of tesc classes I'm trying to look for a college that has a good MBA degree so I don't have to retake classes since alot of in house college requirements (36 for Penn State BS)
College Mathematics: 59 | Humanities: 58 | College Comp Modular: 58 | Intro. to Psychology: 65 | Public Speaking: 61/X | College Algebra: 63 | Technical Writing: 56 | Astronomy: 62 | Intro. to Computing: 462 | Macroeconomics: 59 | Microeconomics: 64 | Money & Banking: 52 | Marketing: 59 | Calculus: 47 | A&I Lit: 64
I'm not sure what your asking about.

There are many schools that offer an online mba and are regionally accredited. CLEP and DSST are Bachelor level classes not Masters.....MBA is a masters. Some affordable online choices for a Masters are Eastern New Mexico University, Chadron State College, and AMU/APU.....and there are hundreds of other great choices out there.

RA is important, in my opinion your right to stick with RA. But MBA programs can carry other advanced accreditation. Accreditaition such as AACSB and ACBSP are options. Master of Business Administration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Different schools have different requirements.....what different employers want is another consideration.

At the Bachelors level $250/cr is very doable.....at the Masters level its tougher. The three schools mentioned above either meet that figure or are very close to it.

If your concern is finishing an undergrad to prepare you for an MBA I don't think you should be overly concerned with getting a BA/BS from the same school you hope for an MBA. In fact it's likely more normal to hold a Bachelors and a Masters from different schools. WHat you do want to make sure of is getting all the required coursework at the Bachelors level to prepare you to step right into the MBA coursework without a need to remediate. I would search a good cross sectin of likely MBA programs, identify their requirements and just make sure I completed those requirements. You might need courses such as statistics, accounting, macro and micro, etc... So long as you get those courses done you should be in decent shape for application to a grad program.

Very few of the folks here take many (if any) courses from TESC. The beauty of TESC, or any of the "big 3", is that they will allow you great freedom in satisfying courses from testing out and transfer credit such as ALEKS and ACE.

I have no idea what your last line is asking...what about Penn State?

If you could be a bit clearer on where you are and what you hope to accomplish we can probably help you out a little better.

Best,
Mike
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
rebel100 Wrote:I'm not sure what your asking about.

There are many schools that offer an online mba and are regionally accredited. CLEP and DSST are Bachelor level classes not Masters.....MBA is a masters. Some affordable online choices for a Masters are Eastern New Mexico University, Chadron State College, and AMU/APU.....and there are hundreds of other great choices out there.

RA is important, in my opinion your right to stick with RA. But MBA programs can carry other advanced accreditation. Accreditaition such as AACSB and ACBSP are options. Master of Business Administration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Different schools have different requirements.....what different employers want is another consideration.

At the Bachelors level $250/cr is very doable.....at the Masters level its tougher. The three schools mentioned above either meet that figure or are very close to it.

If your concern is finishing an undergrad to prepare you for an MBA I don't think you should be overly concerned with getting a BA/BS from the same school you hope for an MBA. In fact it's likely more normal to hold a Bachelors and a Masters from different schools. WHat you do want to make sure of is getting all the required coursework at the Bachelors level to prepare you to step right into the MBA coursework without a need to remediate. I would search a good cross sectin of likely MBA programs, identify their requirements and just make sure I completed those requirements. You might need courses such as statistics, accounting, macro and micro, etc... So long as you get those courses done you should be in decent shape for application to a grad program.

Very few of the folks here take many (if any) courses from TESC. The beauty of TESC, or any of the "big 3", is that they will allow you great freedom in satisfying courses from testing out and transfer credit such as ALEKS and ACE.

I have no idea what your last line is asking...what about Penn State?

If you could be a bit clearer on where you are and what you hope to accomplish we can probably help you out a little better.

Best,
Mike

To get the amazing deals at TESC as part of the MDCP you have to take 9 credits with TESC through either TECEPs or actual classes.
That's cool.....but 3 classes isn't exactly a "ton". Smile
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Anyone know of some good, regionally accredited colleges that offer online MBAs
Start with your state schools, many are offering distance alternatives with little to no campus time. You should be able to find an online option for every 1 out of 3 that you look at. The LAST place to look is online schools. Also, are the business folks here can direct you to the business school accreditation that people like to see, can't think of it off the top of my head.

that takes a good number of clep
zero. CLEP is 100/200 level credit. An MBA is 500/600 level credit. What you MAY find, is an MBA allowing you to back fill a prereq with a CLEP. For instance, if your undergrad degree is not in business and they want you to have taken precal, maybe you can use the precal CLEP to hit the requirement. Varies highly, check with specific schools.

+ transfer credits
a few accept 6-9 but that's unusual. Generally, you start and finish at the same school.

and has courses that can be paid in full by AF tuition assistance ($250 a credit)?
For sure APUS is in that price range. Try New Mexico universities, at least 2-3 and they are generally low tuition. Best suggestion, your own in-state tuition is likely to be right at or under this cost. Arkansas also cheap state tuition.

Before I get in the routine of taking a ton of tesc classes I'm trying to looki for a college that has a good MBA degree so I don't have to retake classes since alot of in house college requirements
Do you mean prereqs? Best way to avoid retakes is to take an undergrad business degree (not liberal arts). Be sure to check your top 10 fav list and see if you're missing anything. If one school wants precal and another wants calc, then do both. If one school wants speech but no one else does, take speech anyway. Use your elective slots to fill in any possible wildcard prereqs that come up and you'll be set.

(36 for Penn State BS)
I'm not sure I understand this.
Sorry I didn't specify but I really meant was what school takes alot of clep credits for the BA and also offers a MBA program.
But I think i'll look into University of North Dakota as they also offer good engineering degrees along with MBA
College Mathematics: 59 | Humanities: 58 | College Comp Modular: 58 | Intro. to Psychology: 65 | Public Speaking: 61/X | College Algebra: 63 | Technical Writing: 56 | Astronomy: 62 | Intro. to Computing: 462 | Macroeconomics: 59 | Microeconomics: 64 | Money & Banking: 52 | Marketing: 59 | Calculus: 47 | A&I Lit: 64
Just an FYI, I'm in UND's MBA program and tuition including fees currently runs ~$355. They do have pre-reqs they look for but those likely can be fulfilled with clep / dantes exams. They also require the GMAT but it's some totally doable score, I believe ~500. The courses are asynchronous; you log in at a certain time each week and "attend" the online lecture the professor is giving for the same on-campus course. Weekly assignments, group work, and proctored exams are a part of it, thank the lord discussion boards aren't.
I m edumakated thanx to distunce lerning.

MEd, Texas A&M University, 2018
MBA, University of North Dakota, 2014
MS, University of Illinois Springfield, 2010
BSBA, Thomas Edison State University, 2008
AS / AAS, Tidewater Community College, 2004
Liberty University lowers tuition to $250 per credit hour for veterans and active duty military; however, I'd go with either UND, USD or UWyoming since they are AACSB.
Oklahoma State University caps their tuition for active miltary at I believe $270. Spears school of business is a great program and is AACSB accredited. USU will accept any regionally accredited AA/AS in full regardless of number of cleps. If you don't have an AA/AS or have an AAS, they evaluate CLEPs according to their standards and accept up to 30. They have an online economics program through the huntmans scool of business and allows for a lot of free credit (i believe they give 10 for military service).
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Check out Indiana Tech's online programs. Go to the search bar and type in "military" after a couple clicks it'll take you to their military website with some general info. As far as I can read from the reg site and mil site, they accept unlimited credits (undergrad) not sure about grad. Their prices are listed higher but here is what the military program offers with TA:

Indiana Tech : Military Program : Military Designation

Indiana Tech Military Scholarship

The Indiana Tech Military scholarship is a general scholarship. The intention of said scholarship is to help lessen the financial burden of degree completion. This scholarship is not limited to payment of tuition and fees. The amount of the Military scholarship varies from year to year.

The Military scholarship is available for undergraduate and graduate current students who are using military tuition.

As far as it being a "Good" college, not sure but check it out!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information US Naval Community College Pilot MNomadic 2 1,651 04-26-2022, 03:48 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
Star DAU Courses Available Online and For College Credit kvolivera 89 26,440 04-14-2021, 06:12 PM
  Free Online CLEP Training Alpha 2 1,876 01-12-2021, 06:47 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  The most Military/Veteran friendly College Commencements! Life Long Learning 42 8,890 06-07-2018, 07:18 PM
Last Post: ShotoJuku
  T-Mobile and Fourblock launch online mooc program for veterans MNomadic 0 1,971 04-18-2018, 02:45 PM
  Anyone do the Naval War College MA in Security Studies? johnw 0 2,309 01-24-2018, 11:03 PM
Last Post: johnw
  65,000 military students have graduated with Excelsior College Life Long Learning 0 2,662 09-27-2017, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Picking college for IT after finishing CCAF riderofdirt 5 4,780 06-26-2017, 08:26 PM
Last Post: retire2018
  Champlain College now offering 70% tuition discount to Mil and their families deuce2w 2 2,269 12-19-2016, 06:01 PM
Last Post: deuce2w
  Advanced Enlistment with College Credits jmeitrem 15 7,200 05-02-2016, 05:16 PM
Last Post: C5259