Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best order for Clep business/finance tests?
If my third attempt doesn't work out on Friday, I will be driving to the $30 testing center the same day. The more expensive one is closer too and a lot better organized. The only thing I don't like about them is they had no idea how to handle DSST testing despite being a fully funded location. It's one of those colleges that has multiple locations and the one nearest me had no clue how to administer. At least their hours are always posted correctly and they do know how to handle CLEP. At least they'd be fairly painless for the CLEP tests.
Enrolled in WGU MAcc - Start Date 12/01/2019
B&M State College (90 credits 3.57 GPA)
Modern States CLEP  (27 credits) Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (64)  Introduction to Sociology (65) Information Systems (71) Principles of Management (68) Principles of Marketing (73) Principles of Macroeconomics (70) Principles of Microeconomics (53), Introduction to Business Law (60)
Sophia(2 credits)
Straighterline (9)American Government, Western Civilizations I, Introduction to Religion
WGU (71): Organizational Behavior, Spreadsheets, Global Business, Principles of Accounting, Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Principles of Finance, Business Strategy.. graduated Oct/2019
WGU MAcc (30) Graduated Apr 2020
121 credits earned Dec 23, 2018-Feb 24, 2020 Smile 
(01-13-2019, 11:05 PM)Jenniferinfl Wrote: If my third attempt doesn't work out on Friday, I will be driving to the $30 testing center the same day. The more expensive one is closer too and a lot better organized. The only thing I don't like about them is they had no idea how to handle DSST testing despite being a fully funded location. It's one of those colleges that has multiple locations and the one nearest me had no clue how to administer. At least their hours are always posted correctly and they do know how to handle CLEP. At least they'd be fairly painless for the CLEP tests.

It's fairly common that a testing administrator wouldn't have experience with DSST. Not many colleges take DSST, so they'll rarely have to administer the test. The DSST user interface is also needlessly complicated, especially the first time you use it and have to set up an account.
I would go with the better organized testing center, the cheaper one sounds like you get what you pay for. No thanks.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • davewill
This might help with the order

http://www.free-clep-prep.com/CLEP-and-D...-List.html
TESU BA Liberal Studies /Communications 

[-] The following 1 user Likes BSLIONS's post:
  • Jenniferinfl
(01-12-2019, 03:22 PM)edbrain Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 08:30 PM)Jenniferinfl Wrote: Thanks for the feedback. I hope I'm ready! I finished Modern States' Information Systems prep today.
I'm hoping to go in and take 3 CLEPS on Saturday.
I'll be taking:
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (Peterson Practice test 1, 76%)
Introductory Sociology (Peterson Practice test 1, 78%)
Information Systems  (Peterson Practice test 1, 77%)

I took a Peterson practice test for each of them. I only took one practice test each out of the three available because I wanted to still have one to use if I need to study more and practice test again. I know that retakes don't count, so, only used one practice test.

Are my scores good enough to take the CLEP tests?

How did you do?? Smile

Would love to hear your thoughts on Information Systems and if it would be super hard for someone with no previous background knowledge.

The version of information systems that I got anyone could have passed after reading through the InstantCert cards a few times. If you got lucky and got the same version, I think you could pass it easily knowing about 85% of the instantcert cards.
I did not realize how long it would take to actually take the exams. Unfortunately, it was a decent walk to the cashier in between for each test and paperwork that had to be done in between each test. It took 5 hours to take the tests even though I only spent around 2.5 hours actually testing. The other thing I was a bit concerned about was that I didn't get a printed grade for Information Systems. They called college board who apparently said that I didn't have an official final grade yet despite it showing a 71 on the screen at the end. Hopefully I didn't trip some internal review by taking three tests in one day. I think going forward I will limit to just two exams in a day.
Enrolled in WGU MAcc - Start Date 12/01/2019
B&M State College (90 credits 3.57 GPA)
Modern States CLEP  (27 credits) Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (64)  Introduction to Sociology (65) Information Systems (71) Principles of Management (68) Principles of Marketing (73) Principles of Macroeconomics (70) Principles of Microeconomics (53), Introduction to Business Law (60)
Sophia(2 credits)
Straighterline (9)American Government, Western Civilizations I, Introduction to Religion
WGU (71): Organizational Behavior, Spreadsheets, Global Business, Principles of Accounting, Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Principles of Finance, Business Strategy.. graduated Oct/2019
WGU MAcc (30) Graduated Apr 2020
121 credits earned Dec 23, 2018-Feb 24, 2020 Smile 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 242 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Business Insider/MSN - College, Grad, Money Articles bjcheung77 4 439 08-17-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 475 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  University of Northern Alabama Competency Business Degree natshar 6 672 07-19-2023, 04:35 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Calling all Excelsior business students! shoron 1 516 01-23-2023, 07:39 PM
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,804 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 831 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 0 951 06-23-2022, 05:58 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,263 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Anyone Do IQ Tests or a Part of an IQ Society? dewisant 9 914 05-13-2022, 06:34 PM
Last Post: creationstory