Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best sites to take these tests?
Hi everyone, I posted over in another category but I can't seem to figure out how to delete it so I posted here too. Maybe one of you guy can help me with that. Anyway

I applied to TESU late last week and want to start testing out of classes so I can graduate as soon as possible. I plan on getting a BSBA. Can you tell me where the best (most efficient and cost effective) online sites there are to take tests to satisfy these requirements:

Oral Comm
College Algebra
American Government
Science/CompSci (4cr min)
Intro to Computers
Prin of Marketing
International Business
Business Comm

I was thinking SL for Business Comm, American Government and algebra

I was thinking DAVAR for Intro to computers

I was thinking Study.com for International business

That leaves me with Oral Communication, Principles of Marketing (would this be intro to marketing? If so I'd probably do that at DAVAR) and Science but I cannot figure out where to take these. Any ideas? Also do you think my plan above is best for my needs? Also I'm too science savvy so I'd like the simplest route out of there possible.

Also, I'll attach my transcript in case you guys/gals want to gloss it over and see if I'm missing anything.

Thanks,

Zebra Cow

Attached Files
.pdf   Transcript.pdf (Size: 644.55 KB / Downloads: 19)
You should ask TESU if they will take Interpersonal Communication for the Oral Communication requirement. 

This transfer guide from study.com to TESU might help. 

https://study.com/college/school/thomas-...rsity.html

For the courses you need, study.com has them:

Presentational Speaking is fast and easy with no assignments.  

Natural Sciences is one of the easier science courses.  I don't know which Computer Science courses qualify.

Principles of Marketing is on study.com, but I don't know whether this is the best place to get it.
I think TESU will now only take Public Speaking to fulfill that requirement. They've never taken Interpersonal Comm for it, but they recently stopped taking Presentation Skills (I think someone said that, and I have it from another source as well).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I would take Intro to Computers at Saylor.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
(12-16-2019, 12:03 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I think TESU will now only take Public Speaking to fulfill that requirement.  They've never taken Interpersonal Comm for it, but they recently stopped taking Presentation Skills (I think someone said that, and I have it from another source as well).
Huh Can someone confirm this as I hadn't heard they had stopped accepting it?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

(12-16-2019, 12:46 PM)TwinMom Wrote:
(12-16-2019, 12:03 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I think TESU will now only take Public Speaking to fulfill that requirement.  They've never taken Interpersonal Comm for it, but they recently stopped taking Presentation Skills (I think someone said that, and I have it from another source as well).
Huh Can someone confirm this as I hadn't heard they had stopped accepting it?
This was sent to a friend a few days ago after she inquired about the class:

"Thanks for reaching out! The Study.com course Communications 120: Presentation Skills in the Workplace is currently accredited by NCCRS and will transfer to TESU to satisfy the Oral Communications general education requirement.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Lyrisa Copson, Admissions Counselor"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

How does this work out when you've already sent in your transcript but haven't filed for graduation yet?  I used Presentation Skills to fill that slot Sad
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
(12-16-2019, 03:49 PM)darthweezy Wrote:

How does this work out when you've already sent in your transcript but haven't filed for graduation yet?  I used Presentation Skills to fill that slot Sad

It depends.  If you already have an eval where they used the course to fill the slot, then you're good.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Csmlearn.com
For a business degree, you need Quantitative Literacy. You also need Statistics which you already took.

The Csmlearn course is free for the first 2 hours which should allow you to get at least 25% done, then it's $39. It should take 10-15hr at most and is super easy.

Csmlearn can be used for either quantitative Literacy or statistics so you can use it for quantitative literacy then you don't need college algebra.

Straighterline
American Government, Business Comm, envi sci and nutrition. (mktg comm might transfer to bus comm then you don't need course)

Modernstates.org (CLEP)
Modern states is free and is basically like a study guide that prepares you for the CLEP exam. If you get 75% on a modernstates course then you can apply to get a free voucher to take the CLEP exam. You may need additional study guide sources, practice test to pass the CLEP.

Study.com
Oral Comm: Comm 120 Presentation Skills is the quickest/easiest.
(If your Interpersonal Communication course doesn't fit requirement)

International Business: Business 120 International Business
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
@Merlin, are you able to merge two threads? There's a duplicate with this one here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid300730
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 738 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Study.com practice tests vs final cannoda 6 2,082 08-31-2020, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  modern states courses and Saylor tests or study.com? gingermama 6 1,947 07-17-2019, 05:13 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  How true are study.com tests to the curriculum? kevro64 9 1,440 03-25-2019, 11:26 AM
Last Post: posabsolute
  Study.Com tests....can you tell me. ChilliDawg 15 2,315 02-11-2019, 05:36 PM
Last Post: ChilliDawg
Question Are there 500-700 level credit online sites? den_tom 3 1,007 11-06-2018, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Johmford
  Study.com Practice Tests chasey11442 2 1,020 08-30-2018, 11:06 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Weight of SL tests? Cheeseburrito 4 1,377 02-02-2018, 09:28 PM
Last Post: RANSOMSOUL
  How Does Study.Com Proctored Tests Work and Study.Com Question? irishrose 7 7,800 12-20-2017, 03:28 PM
Last Post: High_Order1
  Straighterline tests - are they mostly multiple choice? sharkysmom 4 3,646 04-24-2017, 04:41 PM
Last Post: rowan555