Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big announcement - ALEKS got extended
(05-01-2018, 07:20 AM)AwardTour Wrote:
(05-01-2018, 07:08 AM)allvia Wrote:
(05-01-2018, 07:05 AM)AwardTour Wrote: If I were to complete ALEKS College Algebra before the end of July could I then transfer that to ACE to let it sit there until I sign up at TESU? I probably won't sign up at TESU for another 6 or 8 months.

My question and my concern is this:
Will any credit earned now with Aleks be safe if I get it transferred to ACE now? Let's say things fall out with Aleks again, will my credits be "grandfathered in" to TESU or will they not be accepted? If that is not the case then this news will only help people who are already signed up with their college as a student.

Yes, once it is on ACE it is set.  It is all by the date you completed it.
Thanks for telling me.

(04-30-2018, 11:00 PM)frank.f.franky Wrote: Yea, me just got my Trig approved (competed the class 10/4/17), it was sitting up in pending for 6 months, got cleared a few weeks back, so inputted the request again so I would not forget, approved at 3:19 CST today 4/30/18.

I took the class after the deadline, in fear, they would need to change the program (add proctored test) to get re-approved for ACE (and I'd be grandfathered).  

Anyone know if the program changed?

I have that same question myself. Is it still the same format or is it now Proctored at the end? If it is Proctored then it will lose its appeal to me. If it is the same as before then I am interested.

p.s. Would it be too much trouble for ALEKS to update their website with this news? This seems too good to be true.

I suspect it is still the same format, or very close. Usually if there is a change there is a gap (or block) in the date ranges. In example there would be a 01/01/2001 - 12/31/2003, then a 01/01/2004 - 12/31/2007 indicating a change in course structure for the approval period. It is not always the case, but often.  Until someone signs up and works towards reaching the passing assessment of 70%, we won't know for sure. That could be as early as today - I'm sure people signed up yesterday as soon as they saw the post! Smile

ALEKS will update their site it eventually, what matters is that it is active in the ACE system. It took ALEKS a long time to put that disclaimer on their site after it had 'expired' (or dropped off the ACE site), so none of us that have been on this forum for a few years are surprised they haven't taken it down yet.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • AwardTour
Bummer that there isn't an equivalent to SDC's Math 97 or the TECEP Math for Liberal Arts course.

ALEKS is the *only* reason I managed to pass a Statistics class and (believe it or not) I'm having a real struggle with the two courses above. (The book for the TECEP is terrible, as dfrecore warned me about, and SDC, though usually my favorite learning platform, has been better, but still a struggle.)

Is there currently an ACE-approved ALEKS equivalent that maybe I'm just missing? That would save me a whole lot of stress if that were the case.
Bachelor of Arts: Psychology - TESU (pending conferral)
120/120 units complete

SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources)
Anticipated Completion Date: 3/31/2019

Master of Human Resource Management - CSU Global
Start Date: 7/1/2019
(05-01-2018, 07:20 AM)AwardTour Wrote:
(05-01-2018, 07:08 AM)allvia Wrote:
(05-01-2018, 07:05 AM)AwardTour Wrote: If I were to complete ALEKS College Algebra before the end of July could I then transfer that to ACE to let it sit there until I sign up at TESU? I probably won't sign up at TESU for another 6 or 8 months.

My question and my concern is this:
Will any credit earned now with Aleks be safe if I get it transferred to ACE now? Let's say things fall out with Aleks again, will my credits be "grandfathered in" to TESU or will they not be accepted? If that is not the case then this news will only help people who are already signed up with their college as a student.

Yes, once it is on ACE it is set.  It is all by the date you completed it.
Thanks for telling me.

(04-30-2018, 11:00 PM)frank.f.franky Wrote: Yea, me just got my Trig approved (competed the class 10/4/17), it was sitting up in pending for 6 months, got cleared a few weeks back, so inputted the request again so I would not forget, approved at 3:19 CST today 4/30/18.

I took the class after the deadline, in fear, they would need to change the program (add proctored test) to get re-approved for ACE (and I'd be grandfathered).  

Anyone know if the program changed?

I have that same question myself. Is it still the same format or is it now Proctored at the end? If it is Proctored then it will lose its appeal to me. If it is the same as before then I am interested.

p.s. Would it be too much trouble for ALEKS to update their website with this news? This seems too good to be true.

I received the email response below from Aleks this morning.

Hi,

We are currently able to process ACE Credit for approved courses that have been completed with an assessment of 70% or higher.

Our website will be updated in the near future.

Thank you,
ALEKS Support
TESU BSBA in Finance (9/14/2018) - Thanks to this Community!
Professional Designations: CIMA®, CFP®, ChFC®
Professional Registrations: FINRA Series 7, 63 & 65

Still Need:
N/A

Completed Courses: Study.com ENG104, POS102, BUS109, COM101, HIS103, NUT101, ENG105, BUS108, COMP102, HIS108, HIS106, PSY103, HIS104, STA101, LAW201, ACC101, ACC102, FIN101, COM120, BUS101, BUS102, BUS308, ECO101, BUS113; ALEKS College Algebra

B&M Schools
: Penn State (93’), Bucks County CC (94’-95’), LaSalle Univ. (02’-03’), The American College of Financial Services (16'-17'), TESU (18')
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gloddy's post:
  • AwardTour
(05-01-2018, 11:54 AM)Nodaclu Wrote: Bummer that there isn't an equivalent to SDC's Math 97 or the TECEP Math for Liberal Arts course.

ALEKS is the *only* reason I managed to pass a Statistics class and (believe it or not) I'm having a real struggle with the two courses above. (The book for the TECEP is terrible, as dfrecore warned me about, and SDC, though usually my favorite learning platform, has been better, but still a struggle.)

Is there currently an ACE-approved ALEKS equivalent that maybe I'm just missing? That would save me a whole lot of stress if that were the case.

Looks like the lowest level that is now approved for ACE is the ALEKS College Algebra.  Since you managed to pass Statistics through ALEKS (which many of us struggled with), maybe you can give College Algebra a try.  Goodness knows the price is right (search for the 25% off coupon codes available online)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 2 users Like allvia's post:
  • AwardTour, Nodaclu
(05-01-2018, 01:09 PM)Gloddy Wrote: I received the email response below from Aleks this morning.

Hi,

We are currently able to process ACE Credit for approved courses that have been completed with an assessment of 70% or higher.

Our website will be updated in the near future.

Thank you,
ALEKS Support

Thanks for forwarding/sharing that with us here. If someone completes an Aleks course please let us know if it proctored now or not? Thanks.

Let me ask everyone here for their opinion on how long it would take to complete ALEKS College Alegbra (assuming it is not Proctored now).

I am okay at basic Math and I have a basic level of understanding in Beginning Algebra. If I were to spend 8 to 10 hours a day in ALEKS then do you think it can be completed within a month? I know it is hard to take a guess at this without knowing me personally but I am just asking for a guess. Can it be done by someone who is average or even below average at College Algebra if they spend 8 to 10 hours a day working on it? Can it be done in 30 days?
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
(05-01-2018, 02:12 PM)AwardTour Wrote:
Let me ask everyone here for their opinion on how long it would take to complete ALEKS College Alegbra (assuming it is not Proctored now).

I am okay at basic Math and I have a basic level of understanding in Beginning Algebra. If I were to spend 8 to 10 hours a day in ALEKS then do you think it can be completed within a month? I know it is hard to take a guess at this without knowing me personally but I am just asking for a guess. Can it be done by someone who is average or even below average at College Algebra if they spend 8 to 10 hours a day working on it? Can it be done in 30 days?

I can tell you that I went into Statistics having never passed a college math class, and having tried (and failed) to pass Statistics in a college classroom multiple times. So I went in completely clueless. I think I scored 23 on my initial assessment, which was actually better than I expected.

I got to a passing score (71) in ALEKS in right about 40 hours total.

So I'm thinking that if I could do it in that time frame basically from scratch, that the odds are good that you could get through College Algebra with even a little bit of background in Beginning Algebra.
120/120 units complete

[-] The following 2 users Like Nodaclu's post:
  • AwardTour, Muldoon
(05-01-2018, 02:28 PM)Nodaclu Wrote:
(05-01-2018, 02:12 PM)AwardTour Wrote:

I can tell you that I went into Statistics having never passed a college math class, and having tried (and failed) to pass Statistics in a college classroom multiple times. So I went in completely clueless. I think I scored 23 on my initial assessment, which was actually better than I expected.

I got to a passing score (71) in ALEKS in right about 40 hours total.

So I'm thinking that if I could do it in that time frame basically from scratch, that the odds are good that you could get through College Algebra with even a little bit of background in Beginning Algebra.

I really appreciate your response Nodaclu. I will report back here after I am done. I missed out on Aleks the first time around and I am not going to miss out again. I will have my opportunity in a few weeks. Then I will basically live inside of ALEKS until I am done. I should have been more honest in my first post. The fact is I suck at Math. My understanding is of Algebra is extremely limited and below average. Sharing your personal story on knocking out Statistics in 40 Hours is inspirational to me.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
[-] The following 2 users Like AwardTour's post:
  • badooble, Nodaclu
(05-01-2018, 02:35 PM)AwardTour Wrote: I really appreciate your response Nodaclu. I will report back here after I am done. I missed out on Aleks the first time around and I am not going to miss out again. I will have my opportunity in a few weeks. Then I will basically live inside of ALEKS until I am done. I should have been more honest in my first post. The fact is I suck at Math. My understanding is of Algebra is extremely limited and below average. Sharing your personal story on knocking out Statistics in 40 Hours is inspirational to me.

So you're pretty much in the same boat I was in.  Big Grin

I'm not gonna lie. When I saw that I passed the course, I started both laughing and crying at the same time - I'd started and withdrawn from Statistics classes SIX times prior to that at brick and mortar schools.

I was sure that I was just incapable of doing college-level math. But thanks to ALEKS, I'm eventually going to get a degree I once thought impossible to finish.

If I could do it, you definitely can too!!
120/120 units complete

[-] The following 4 users Like Nodaclu's post:
  • allvia, AwardTour, badooble, Muldoon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACTFL has extended ACE status! Avidreader 9 764 08-29-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  ALEKS free for two months (start by April 30, 2020) PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 30 5,416 04-02-2023, 04:54 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  ALEKS GLMRGIRL717 2 652 08-15-2022, 07:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Still time for ALEKS credit? MDW2447 14 3,128 09-10-2021, 03:55 AM
Last Post: echo64
  ALEKS Badges via Acclaim Toastmaster 6 1,376 01-13-2021, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Kab
  How to get ALEKS badge added to Acclaim ashkir 0 1,042 12-09-2020, 03:59 PM
  ALEKS is expiring. gams007 9 1,985 11-13-2020, 07:49 PM
  ALEKS stats and Sophia Overap? Edriveless 4 1,270 05-26-2020, 04:10 PM