Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biochemistry online, no lab, and less than $500.
I need an online Biochemistry course ( has to have Biochem in the course title) that's online and under $500. It doesn't need to have a lab. Anyone know of anything?
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

(08-25-2017, 10:09 PM)GoodYellowDogs Wrote: I need an online Biochemistry course ( has to have Biochem in the course title) that's online and under $500. It doesn't need to have a lab. Anyone know of anything?

a long time ago when I was looking for biochem for myself (aka orgo2) there were only a few schools offering it. It's possible you'll have better luck, but I can tell you for certain of 2 options- they don't meet your cost parameters.

UNE has it online/self-paced non lab. https://online.une.edu/science-prerequis...chemistry/
$1385 (plus textbook)

Berkeley http://extension.berkeley.edu/search/pub...I0EALw_wcB $1000 (plus textbook)

I'm not sure what you need the course for, but if it's pre-health or pharm, there is a pretty long thread on studentdoc that gives feedback for both. https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads...ns.777106/

EDIT to add: seriously the cheapest way to take this course is through your community college, but it's unlikely that you'll find it online. Even Ocean (which has a full Associate LAB SCIENCE degree and robust science offerings only offers Orgo 1, but since I took my sequence with them, they've added a ton....but no biochem) If Ocean offered it, you'd still be right at $1000 because they do have lab fees (you can't avoid them). Local community college will get you in under your budget- but you'll have to sit in class 3 days a week.
Which state are you in?
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(08-25-2017, 10:09 PM)GoodYellowDogs Wrote: I need an online Biochemistry course ( has to have Biochem in the course title) that's online and under $500.   It doesn't need to have a lab.  Anyone know of anything?

Under $500? I think your local community college may be the best of few (if any) options there.

UND has Fundamentals of Physical and Biophysical Chemistry for over $1k.
UC Berkeley Extension has Introductory Biochemistry or plain Biochemistry for $1k(ish), self-paced.
UNE Online has Biochemistry for $1300(ish), self-paced.
Oregon State has Elementary Biochemistry or General Biochemistry for $1200(ish).
here are a bunch of biochem courses

http://sln.suny.edu/search/index.php?q=biochemistry

if you live in New York you can get resident tuition which will lower the cost, but will still probably be more than 500
In your siggy, you list that you're doing the AS via EC. They don't require biochemistry, but here's my real question- in order for you to be academically ready for biochemistry, you will have to have taken general biology 1 (and probably 2) general chemistry 1 and 2, and organic chemistry. Where are you taking those courses?? They'll offer biochemistry if they offer the rest - and those credits max out your AS without hitting the REQUIREMENTS of Microbiology and A&P....I'm so confused why you're accumulating credits you can't use in your degree.

Is this for future plans to go into advanced practice nursing pathway or something else like PA school? You've got me curious now.
Hi everyone

I am looking for online biochemistry class that I could do this summer for general class in WIU. Any options?
(03-18-2024, 02:52 PM)annakozak966 Wrote: Hi everyone

I am looking for online biochemistry class that I could do this summer for general class in WIU. Any options?

Did you check the links in the thread above?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
@annakozak966 - Furthermore, you need to elaborate which institution WIU is, as there are a few institutions that have the same 3 letters. If you haven't checked the links above, it may not work as the thread you have bumped hasn't been active since 2017, so you're bumping a 6.5-7 year old thread... Last but not least, you didn't mention if WIU will take alternative credits, if so, StraighterLine recently came out with an online biochemistry class that is ACE recommended for credit!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
This thread is 7 years old so the prices are totally different today if these are even an option today.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 28 5,909 9 hours ago
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Will online degrees become worthless because of AI? blablablox 12 827 04-20-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 297 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 431 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 352 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 781 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,813 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 421 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
  Is online college easier now? Vle045 21 1,223 02-26-2024, 10:47 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Free or affordable Christian Chaplaincy Online Sowak777 4 472 02-21-2024, 06:39 AM
Last Post: The need 2 learn