Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blackboard and grades question
Hi all,

How does grading work at TESC? Do they grade each assignment? Each module? No grade until the end of the semester?

And where does one access one's grades on the Blackboard system?

Thanks........y'all are a fabulous support team!
For my C programming course, I e-mail my assignments and then it gets graded by Monday. Good to know where I stand but other course I am taking, I have no feedback from.
[COLOR="DimGray"]Intro to World Religions 68
Social Science and History 60
Principles of Statistics 60
Western Civilization I 58
Intro to Sociology 55
Astronomy 54
Technical Writing 54
Humanities 50
College Composition 50[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]C Programming - C
Electronic Instrumentation and Control - A
War and American Society - A
International Economics - A
Calculus II - B[/COLOR]
Do they e-mail you the grades? Or do you access them from somewhere?
wow. it's been a while since I took my course with TE..... Larry is correct: they grade you weekly --- it might take longer if people don't turn in their assignments on time.
You view your grades on Blackboard. Try "view grades" under the "Tools" on the left. (I think that's where it is...) Your instructor will also leave comments on your weekly assignment. (Reading your grades/comments is almost like looking at a CLEP score!) :eek:

Hope that helps.
Ooooh! Cool! Thanks for the info. I'm still learning my way around the site. Ain't exactly the most user-friendly thing I've ever seen. Rolleyes
Can't believe it. I got a 17/100 on my first assignment from Elec Instr and Con. How dissapointing. The class average was 33 and there are 4 students total in this course. Using my extensive math skills, I estimate that only 1 person passed that assignment. The rest failed, or we all equally sucked. On a good note, I got a 100 on my programming course! This is gonna be rough.
[COLOR="DimGray"]Intro to World Religions 68
Social Science and History 60
Principles of Statistics 60
Western Civilization I 58
Intro to Sociology 55
Astronomy 54
Technical Writing 54
Humanities 50
College Composition 50[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"]C Programming - C
Electronic Instrumentation and Control - A
War and American Society - A
International Economics - A
Calculus II - B[/COLOR]
studyhard Wrote:Hi all,

How does grading work at TESC? Do they grade each assignment? Each module? No grade until the end of the semester?

And where does one access one's grades on the Blackboard system?

Thanks........y'all are a fabulous support team!
>>

You go into "myEdison" (can be accessed on the bottom of Thomas Edison State College) and use the "courses" tab. Select your course. On the left is all of that course's info. The syllabus, mentor info, modules, and discussion board. Each mentor grades on his own schedule- but yes, you will get grades for each assignment. You should get discussion grades at the end of each module, as well as any other assignment turned in. I estimate I get each assignment graded within a week- some faster some slower. I have taken quizzes which are instant grade- so those will appear instantly.

To view your gradebook for the class, go to the "course tools" link on the left (inside the course) and select "grades" you will see each assignment for the whole semester and each grade. If your instructor doesn't give a grade- simply a pass/fail (a course intro is often this way) you'll see only a check mark. A red exclamation mark means your assignment has been turned in and is not yet graded. (if you turned something in and it doesn't have the red !, there was an error- check this every time).

You'll get a point score for each assignment, and you'll also see a "weight" of the assignment. A simple thing to do is multiply your points by the weight (90 points, 2% of the grade would be 90*2 = 180 points out of 200). I keep this on a sheet of paper and update as assignments come back so I can know my %. Your grade book won't show your running %, which you will want to know. (points earned divided by points possible = %) Finally, you'll see a class average for that assignment. This helps you see where your "at" in reference to the other students in your class. Hope that helps!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,390 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  GPA Question mysonx3 10 2,618 08-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  Question about TESU UL Requirements mysonx3 1 1,717 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Equivalency Question dexter1326 4 1,956 08-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  TESU Course equivalency question. jbwyo 6 1,943 08-10-2018, 11:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC Individualised Studies Question Tedium 12 2,792 08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  Replacing LL with UL duplicate course question (COSC) ReyMysterioso 6 1,974 07-07-2018, 10:58 AM
Last Post: topdog98
  COSC transfer question Paramedic12 8 1,939 06-29-2018, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Tedium
  TESU Question about recording CLEP exams SamCes 5 1,596 06-29-2018, 08:26 AM
Last Post: mdel210201