Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobsleigh - Degree Planning Advice - Help Please
(08-23-2023, 08:23 PM)Bobsleigh Wrote: I have to read all the post again and advice as I didn't get it in the email notification. I will see if Pierpoint and WVNCC waived residency and fees.

I think you may be confused.

WVNCC (the BOG AAS degree I received) no longer offers it without residency.  None of the WV schools do any longer except Pierpont.  Pierpont does not require a single credit of residency.  It requires just 1cr of graded RA credit, which I think you're saying you already have.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(08-23-2023, 08:21 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I am a bit confused: You're going for the New River CC BOG AAS? How many residency credits are you going to take with them, 3 or 15?

@Bobsleigh, Yeah, as I mentioned in post #38, I am still confused why we're going around in circles to get multiple associates. One or two is sufficient, in fact, even I who loves getting additional associates, certs, degrees find it a bit overboard trying to reverse transfer credits... You want to follow through with the advice/steps.

This is one of a few times I would highly recommend focusing on the main goal at hand, your Bachelors. You're not focused enough to get the Pierpont BOG AAS option and you're trying other WV to hit the same thing, those other WV institutions have different requirements, adding cost, energy, time to the degree.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I didn't get into Pierpoint due to no confirmation from them about credit residency before classes started whereas I meanwhile was due to start at New River. That was okay as I likely would have needed the Microsoft Applications class which I had at New River, and I was granted the Paraeducator  specialization on their transcripts. As a out of state student, I think it will cost me $252 over what the Pell Grant paid on the the 3 credit course and that was with a instructor that was quite lenient.

At almost any route I've looked at 4-year university will be after  30 upper level credits, which I don't have most of those.  So therefore the 3-year Canadian degree(s) will perhaps be qualified for en route to the 4 year degree but might as well pay a few hundred dollars for that rather than going without a BS/BA at all or as it works out in the time span even if I have to pay course by course.

The Associates degrees with the one course AAS  at WV New River and the probable reverse transfer  AA from Itawamba, Mississippi is just a blessing from my expectations. (I looked up their degree requirements and saw that I probably only need Microsoft Applications coursework to qualify there but I was in a General Studies program there at Itawamba but took a lot of Child Development Tech  courses there and that adviser stuck me that major, but I lacked several classes when depleted of funding there at that time for the Associates level funding.

So, I have a problem with funding, took classes that I could pass back then, the GPA went up, was in Phi Theta Kappa there, went to Taft Law School later, withdrew before Finals, went to Walden, didn't complete enough competency TEMPO Learning coursework to get FinAid at the 4 year level which is also new completed as things stand now. I could pass the Walden courses  but I lived with a irrational elderly person that insisted I don't get online so I fumbled that year and whatever VVRAP funding I could have received at a community colleges coursework or training. I guess it can be said I gave part of my life to others and  was rewarded with two Associates degrees at the exact juncture of finding the BOG AAS information on your information, sirs and madam's.

I have not read up the former postings, but I think they probably had to do with just getting more Associates degrees such as paralegal, etc, if inexpensive.

But I have been pondering an UMPI to COSC coursework transfer to earn the 4-year Bachelor's.

Why is it important to play the field for several degrees at the same levels? Because no one wanted me in middle school or high school. My dad's brother went to West Point Military Academy and a faction of the family didn't want to claim me, basically. The schools didn't want me because of politics of country schools with such relatives as mentioned or basically that I wasn't acceptable for family feud reasons and other reasons that I didn't know about then except I was isolated I'm school as an outsider. I later had head trauma and it's hard to recall a years worth of learning unless living and repeating it enough which I didn't at Taft and they test on a year of coursework at Finals rather than a semester or two. They wasn't giving me enough options to test out but I'm in good standing there still.

Pierpoint did not have any education emphasis or specialization. New River had the Paraeducator emphasis which will be on the transcript.

It's not that I wanted an education degree, but due to shooting in the dark it was the target that was hit, therefore being the target for now.

I would further add, that in fact I am more open minded at the Graduate level and really don't see a future in education in my case, except the story behind it makes it sensible. It is because I could pass the classes in my circumstances and that being homeless and dodging the time to leave places with wifi and taking quizzes before being ordered to leave and so forth.

See, I rather had gone more the polymath route, in several areas that I might have experienced more but my beginning  impaired me beyond my expectations. I originally was a English and Creative Writing major but,  when going to Itawamba, it was too late to enroll in  anything but General Studies. I now see that writing is work in college, not like poetry which is an art. If I was going to work excessively then there is a lot of territory to narrow down. I mean, I'm an American and America is versus Americans and when we are gone there won't be an American that recalls America. If writing was important, then to pass on the past to the future is the duty of the present. But, I asked an old man what he would tell the young if he could and he said, "they wouldn't listen". So in the end, here we are in the present spending time for credentials but it's trying to shine light as much as possible in achievement, not for vanity, but that we stroke those fires within and can't live a life alive or stop living without light of learning.

P.S. 

I did complete segments of coursework at Walden's TEMPO learning program for BS in Early Childhood Studies that if added would be 5 credits altogether, but needed a bit more completed to have FinAid pay them again. Walden billed me over $3000 that I have to satisfy with bill collection agency to return to Walden, if I do.  I have learned from the field of human development to know a lot of people's lifelong self-blocking arises from birth onward, such as covering an infant's eyes for long periods leads to near sightedness. And that there's stages of physical and mental development that I am more aware of, and can use such learning in social settings with different levels of humanity. 

But still in all, I tire from social settings and people person jobs are not going to be viable for me because I don't like talking or speaking for hours. I rather read or do computer oriented task.

I saw from recent articles that a 3 month certificate in cyber-security can lead to a job worth over $100,000 but I would have to definitely read up on that type of coursework as I understand I have lost my abilities for things I might have once surmounted.

I mean I am liking what I can get, most homeless people just got into a sort of figurative tar pits in their circumstances like dinosaurs did and draw more onward, but a few don't and I just don't have an impulse for drugs or alcohol and that stuff that gets them. I'm kind of thinking it is about if they were programmed to not give up like me or born that way or not, but when they didn't get out of drugs, the drugs/problems became their programming.
(12-13-2023, 09:53 PM)Bobsleigh Wrote: I didn't get into Pierpoint due to no confirmation from them about credit residency before classes started whereas I meanwhile was due to start at New River. That was okay as I likely would have needed the Microsoft Applications class which I had at New River, and I was granted the Paraeducator  specialization on their transcripts. As a out of state student, I think it will cost me $252 over what the Pell Grant paid on the the 3 credit course and that was with a instructor that was quite lenient.

At almost any route I've looked at 4-year university will be after  30 upper level credits, which I don't have most of those.  So therefore the 3-year Canadian degree(s) will perhaps be qualified for en route to the 4 year degree but might as well pay a few hundred dollars for that rather than going without a BS/BA at all or as it works out in the time span even if I have to pay course by course.

The Associates degrees with the one course AAS  at WV New River and the probable reverse transfer  AA from Itawamba, Mississippi is just a blessing from my expectations. (I looked up their degree requirements and saw that I probably only need Microsoft Applications coursework to qualify there but I was in a General Studies program there at Itawamba but took a lot of Child Development Tech  courses there and that adviser stuck me that major, but I lacked several classes when depleted of funding there at that time for the Associates level funding.

So, I have a problem with funding, took classes that I could pass back then, the GPA went up, was in Phi Theta Kappa there, went to Taft Law School later, withdrew before Finals, went to Walden, didn't complete enough competency TEMPO Learning coursework to get FinAid at the 4 year level which is also new completed as things stand now. I could pass the Walden courses  but I lived with a irrational elderly person that insisted I don't get online so I fumbled that year and whatever VVRAP funding I could have received at a community colleges coursework or training. I guess it can be said I gave part of my life to others and  was rewarded with two Associates degrees at the exact juncture of finding the BOG AAS information on your information, sirs and madam's.

I have not read up the former postings, but I think they probably had to do with just getting more Associates degrees such as paralegal, etc, if inexpensive.

But I have been pondering an UMPI to COSC coursework transfer to earn the 4-year Bachelor's.

Why is it important to play the field for several degrees at the same levels? Because no one wanted me in middle school or high school. My dad's brother went to West Point Military Academy and a faction of the family didn't want to claim me, basically. The schools didn't want me because of politics of country schools with such relatives as mentioned or basically that I wasn't acceptable for family feud reasons and other reasons that I didn't know about then except I was isolated I'm school as an outsider. I later had head trauma and it's hard to recall a years worth of learning unless living and repeating it enough which I didn't at Taft and they test on a year of coursework at Finals rather than a semester or two. They wasn't giving me enough options to test out but I'm in good standing there still.

Pierpoint did not have any education emphasis or specialization. New River had the Paraeducator emphasis which will be on the transcript.

It's not that I wanted an education degree, but due to shooting in the dark it was the target that was hit, therefore being the target for now.

I would further add, that in fact I am more open minded at the Graduate level and really don't see a future in education in my case, except the story behind it makes it sensible. It is because I could pass the classes in my circumstances and that being homeless and dodging the time to leave places with wifi and taking quizzes before being ordered to leave and so forth.

See, I rather had gone more the polymath route, in several areas that I might have experienced more but my beginning  impaired me beyond my expectations. I originally was a English and Creative Writing major but,  when going to Itawamba, it was too late to enroll in  anything but General Studies. I now see that writing is work in college, not like poetry which is an art. If I was going to work excessively then there is a lot of territory to narrow down. I mean, I'm an American and America is versus Americans and when we are gone there won't be an American that recalls America. If writing was important, then to pass on the past to the future is the duty of the present. But, I asked an old man what he would tell the young if he could and he said, "they wouldn't listen". So in the end, here we are in the present spending time for credentials but it's trying to shine light as much as possible in achievement, not for vanity, but that we stroke those fires within and can't live a life alive or stop living without light of learning.

P.S. 

I did complete segments of coursework at Walden's TEMPO learning program for BS in Early Childhood Studies that if added would be 5 credits altogether, but needed a bit more completed to have FinAid pay them again. Walden billed me over $3000 that I have to satisfy with bill collection agency to return to Walden, if I do.  I have learned from the field of human development to know a lot of people's lifelong self-blocking arises from birth onward, such as covering an infant's eyes for long periods leads to near sightedness. And that there's stages of physical and mental development that I am more aware of, and can use such learning in social settings with different levels of humanity. 

But still in all, I tire from social settings and people person jobs are not going to be viable for me because I don't like talking or speaking for hours. I rather read or do computer oriented task.

I saw from recent articles that a 3 month certificate in cyber-security can lead to a job worth over $100,000 but I would have to definitely read up on that type of coursework as I understand I have lost my abilities for things I might have once surmounted.

I mean I am liking what I can get, most homeless people just got into a sort of figurative tar pits in their circumstances like dinosaurs did and draw more onward, but a few don't and I just don't have an impulse for drugs or alcohol and that stuff that gets them. I'm kind of thinking it is about if they were programmed to not give up like me or born that way or not, but when they didn't get out of drugs, the drugs/problems became their programming.
I wouldn’t recommend cybersecurity if you don’t already have a passion for computing. I think you’ve gotten better advice earlier in this thread.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CenterSquarEd's post:
  • LevelUP
Hello again. I wanted to come back to share that I was awarded the BOG AAS WV degree and New River CTC added the emphasis as  Paraeducator (PierPoint CC didn't confirm questions before classes started so I sort of was fortunate to have the Paraeducator but it was over FinAid award for 3 credits of Pell and I had to pay about $230 or near that, I can add that amount later here. 

I now sent transcripts which cost around $50-$60 to each of APUS which had some transcripts already, Excelsior University, and UMPI. 

APUS had one Itawamba CC 200 level course to transfer in as a 300 level course with about 51 extra unused credits left on the AA Human Development and Child Studies program. I suppose that would correlate to the APUS BA Family Development and Child Studies program that would require the 30 UL courses. But, there were 2 or 3 other 200 level credits in the unused courses for the AA that might transfer to their BA program as UL credits. The AA program is the same courses except 111Observation Techniques and 2--Introduction to blah blah but I can fill that in later because I can't look now while on the phone very well.

The Excelsior's team finished their evaluation before UMPI which I paid to send to UMPI a week or two before Excelsior. Yes UMPI has the transcripts but does not want to complete it until after enrollment then some days or weeks away can tell me what they have transferred and FinAid which Excelsior hasn't said what the FinAid will be yet either but they are faster than UMPI. But Excelsior transferred about 89 67/100  but no UL from LL credits as APUS did. During today's waiting on Excelsior and UMPI by emails, I was thinking of taking as many UL courses at UMPI if they would transfer out to APUS due to Excelsior perhaps being lower priced but they have just about 3 courses in the 300 level on the degree description so I suppose their other UL requirements come from General's. But UMPI says it could take days and weeks to finish transcript evaluation.

Therefore, I can view APUS courses now in pre-view that start next week for 8 weeks. The Excelsior classes start after those end, I think. But Excelsior wants students to take crazy cornerstone and capstone, ethics and tech or something which might be okay if you have all your UL or got them from Google. I wasn't guided by any so-called advisers and ended up taking to many LL courses overall in most regards.

So I have an BOG AAS, the college graduate now. But I need about 30 UL credits for a Bachelor's almost irregardless of what route taken?!

I should say I also enrolled in APUS MATH 110 College Algebra which would satisfy Itawamba CC AA reverse transfer degree (ICC might have cued me in when asking what I needed for ICC as I thought the transcripts showed I just needed 101 in Microsoft Word Applications or I might have did College Algebra at recent New River CTC and had enough credits to qualify for FinAid loan to pay. But overall that might be alright as APUS College Algebra is not proctored. Which is nice for you all to know through my heck of education gone awry as ICC and others leave it to students to go take classes and send transcripts then they can tell you more.

Maybe if I stay in the APUS AA program or shift to the BA, the Algebra course is not needed at APUS which had already Math for Liberal Arts majors a few years ago. Then afterward perhaps opt for their certificate from Itawamba CC in ECE CDT where I am not likely to return for the clinical hours in training. Until later if ever. I was not looking for that degree but started there as an in an AA General Studies program but that also was due only to classes were in late registration or near so. The adviser for that dept stuck me in that category like a major after taking a few ECE courses along with my sciences. That helped me get the GPA up and Phi Theta Kappa sent offer to membership after hitting the 3.5 GPA for in-school purposes. I would have made the Deans List but that year I didn't for either being online or part-time. 

So anyway, it's at the crossroads, take Associate's, take Bachelor's of anything which all need 30 credits or a capstone too, switch to BA at APUS to see if they list more unused 200 level credits that wasn't counted in the BA and at some point finish the 110 College Algebra course for ICC if wanting or falling back on that route.

So this is not really what I see myself doing anyway in life except some possible office work or remote work grading school papers unless I change degrees. Then other options involve moving to the BA program and working in the College Algebra program later; finishing other Associates program; changing degree to certificate back at ICC in CDT. Or moving on to another degree plan but at least I might can pass the College Algebra at APUS. So I am in two 300 level classes in this current AA program that at least are part of the BA program too. I have 4 courses in AA and the extra Algebra course. I might have to scuttle some courses to reach 30 UL credits as idea plan overall. But then if BA is not completed at APUS they say they don't allow downshifting their credits form Bachelor to Associate level. So all these universities use little different processes than others that they use to make people take classes that won't transfer everywhere even if same degree fields.

I would state that the College Algebra doesn't seem to have a proctored exam but will be able to verify completely when viewing again.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Master's degree after an online degree Sherwood 15 772 Yesterday, 03:31 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Degree/Planning Advice: Retired LEO Seeking BA and MA after life-altering injury Han_Shot_First_IYKYK 33 2,164 Yesterday, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Han_Shot_First_IYKYK
  AFFORDABLE ONLINE MBA OR MASTER DEGREE predetaron 4 235 Yesterday, 03:57 AM
Last Post: predetaron
  Degree Advise/plan Wanted for a Canadian Student nbid 4 161 07-24-2024, 01:19 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Seeking Advice on Fast-Tracking a Bachelor's Degree in PM+IS from UMPI Fiona 4 195 07-23-2024, 07:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Degree plan advice MythrilFalcon 0 97 07-23-2024, 12:45 AM
Last Post: MythrilFalcon
  SNHU BS Data Analytics advice. hlngo123 3 201 07-21-2024, 10:09 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  List of schools that will waive Gen Ed for second bachelor's degree seekers azmusic 1 221 07-20-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: allvia
  Cheapest U.S. bachelor’s degree for American residing abroad? wolfhq 3 226 07-19-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: wolfhq
  Looking for another BS degree option (non-IT) NewatTESU 10 614 07-18-2024, 06:36 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77